New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

From DWF.com:

JamieBattenbo said:
Play.com now has the 1st wave of classic figures for preorder for the end of August at £7.99 each.
It all so lists what part of the robot comes with each figure.
Head: Zygon
Upper Chest: 6th Doctor
Lower Chest: Sea Devil
Hips: 4th Doctor
Right Arm: 5th Doctor
Left Arm & Gun: Magnus Greel & Mr Sin
Right Leg: D84
Left Leg: SV7

I tried and learned the hard way that play.com is a UK only site....

Incidentally, I did see a figure pack called "War On Skaro" :google :monkey3

I tried and learned the hard way that play.com is a UK only site....

Incidentally, I did see a figure pack called "War On Skaro" :google :monkey3

I should think Forbidden Planet and the US sites will have them soon. The "War On Skaro" set sounds intresting,I'm thinking it will contain figures from this seasons finale.

BUMP! Apparently there will be at least 2 exclusives for SDCC this year:

The Doctor from Father's Day (green jumper)
Time Crash set!!!! The only version of the Doctor with Celery to be released!!

After thinking about it, and taking back a previous post, then thinking about it some more... anyone going to SDCC want to help me out? :lol

Well they will be available online at certain sites but I was hoping one of our fellow Freaks could hook a few of us up. I'd be willing to pay OVER cost :lol I really want all 3 of the Doctor figures.

Any idea which sites those might be? Will they be at cost or should we prepare to be raped?

WhoNA will absolutely have them, and I've heard any other authorized UT sites will as well. No idea how limited or cost but it shouldn't be that large a mark up. I just really want someone to grab me both these at the Con so I know I have them because these will go fast on the sites. *Sigh* Wish this was last year, I wouldn't be fussed about missing those but I realllly want these. :lol

If anyone can get the SDCC Exclusives let me know as I'll definitely want them,I gotta have that celery!!!

Doctorwhotoys.net have a small picture up of the Sontaran 4-pack which contains General Staal,2 Sontaran Soldiers and Donna Noble,

https://www.doctorwhotoys.net/news.htm

Obviously it's not possible to tell how good the Catherine Tate likeness is from that pic but the Sontarans look awesome!

I started an SDCC thread and a few people chimed in as willing to help freaks get the DW exclusives... do a search in this forum for "SDCC" "Help"

I started an SDCC thread and a few people chimed in as willing to help freaks get the DW exclusives... do a search in this forum for "SDCC" "Help"

OK will do! Thanks for the info.

Series 4 wave 1! All pictures and info come from Doctorwhotoys.net Full credit to them!

series4wave1.jpg

* Natural Ood
* Ood Sigma
* The Doctor with 5 Adipose Figures
* Sontaran Commander Skorr
* Donna Noble
* Sontaran Trooper
* Pyrovile Priestess

At last! Something new.

I collect the Who figures, and besides a couple of variants I've got all the UK figures so far. I was getting so bored waiting for the new ones to come along that I just bought a load of rehashes in the new packaging, just to be a completist.

These new figures look great, I love the new Ood!

Excellent! I really like Donna's sculpt and the sontarans really look awesome.

Im really jazzed about this line up, and we at least have the SDCC to tide us over. Although I would like a more neutrally dressed Donna sooner than later. All we are missing now is a well done, nice looking, neutral ROSE! Maybe from the finale? But we are getting Series 2 of 'Secret Diary' so I don't think we are gonna see a new Rose figure ever.

I tend to get quite a lot of advance warning about the new figures that are coming out, as I work near a certain Stamp Shop in London that has the front of its shop dedicated to Dr Who. The owner has prototypes of the forthcoming 4th and 6th Doctor figures behind the counter, which he got direct from Character, and he always knows what's coming (he told me about the glow in the dark re-hashes months before they came out). It's so tempting to leap over the counter and grab them!

Anyway, I picked up most of the revised Series 1, 2 & 3 wave yesterday in the new packaging. Great, so now we have to cut them open with scissors...

Anyone else in here just excited to get a figure of

***SPOILER ALERT***

Davros. :D

Oh yes, I'll be first in line when that gets released. :)

It's amazing really, when you consider the wilderness years of 1989 to 2005, that this sort of thing is now available and so, so popular.

On a different note, are there certain figures which are really difficult to obtain, or rare, in the US? In the UK it's impossible to find the Sarah Jane and K9 figure. I had to get one from eBay for the equivalent of $20!

Sarah Jane with K-9 two pack is pretty rare. Thats one I have been looking for for a reasonable price for ages.

Back