New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

So where are the images of Amy Pond? we've been waiting for too long now.

So, the pre-order is up for email subscribers...but the link doesn't lead anywhere as they appear to have misspelt big chief.

Yeah I just got the email to a link that didn't work as well.

Oh well, guess I won't be going to bed for a while after all (it's after midnight here right now)... Hopefully they realise the problems and this gets sorted sooner rather than later, really don't want to miss out on this. :gah:

Last edited:

I think we can only preorder tomorrow, from the way it's worded. Saturday at 11.11am GMT. Then the site will go live. o_O
I think. I'm probably wrong.
Wish it was working now.

Actually I think you're exactly right, reading it again, so the link in the email probably just hasn't been activated yet.

Guess I wasn't reading it properly first time I looked (read the first two paragraphs then went straight for the link it pointed me at), though it is a little muddily worded in my opinion.

First it boldly announces itself as '11.11.11 PRE-ORDER ANNOUNCEMENT', then in the first paragraph it talks about Pre-orders taking place at 11:11 on Saturday the 12th. Then following that, seperately it talks about priority customers (email subscribers) being eligable for Advance Pre-orders for 24 hours by clicking the link provided (hence I originally thought that was in advance to the 'pre-orders' on the 12th, i.e. on the 11th of the 11th, as nothing was mentioned to indicate that those were in fact themselves the 'advance pre-orders'). Then after that, in another new paragraph it simply states that the figures will 'be available to the general public' from Sunday the 13th, but doesn't say anything about pre-orders on the site.

Oh well, at least I can go catch some z's now... :lol

Last edited:

Site is Down, looks like pre-order begins tomorrow. ah well!

Cant decide on signature or standard, not sure how much significance the plaque has.

Yeah I just got the email to a link that didn't work as well.

Oh well, guess I won't be going to bed for a while after all (it's after midnight here right now)... Hopefully they realise the problems and this gets sorted sooner rather than later, really don't want to miss out on this. :gah:

The link took me to a search page from my web host which said the following website didn't exist: www.bigcheifstudios.com. So it looks like a simple error and they spelt the name of their own website wrong.

That's weird, because none of the links are mis-spelt in the email I got, the click-thru's on all of the included linked parts go to a variant web address to the regular big chief site (i.e. not the regular website address, but clearly another one in their name and set up by them)... :dunno

That's weird, because none of the links are mis-spelt in the email I got, the click-thru's on all of the included linked parts go to a variant web address to the regular big chief site (i.e. not the regular website address, but clearly another one in their name and set up by them)... :dunno

They aren't in the e-mail but once you click it goes to a misspelt version. :dunno

It doesn't for me, that's what I'm saying. I've clicked every link in both firefox and IE, and where it takes me isn't misspelt at all. It doesn't work, but it's not misspelt.

All very timey wimey wibbly wobbly... :lol

Maybe they did the emails in batches, and something got changed somewhere along the line... :dunno

Wait, so this pre-order is tomorrow and not today, right? And for other non-emailed sunday?

Guess I'll have to hurry and get a day off.

It doesn't for me, that's what I'm saying. I've clicked every link in both firefox and IE, and where it takes me isn't misspelt at all.

Maybe they did the emails in batches, and something got changed somewhere along the line... :dunno

The button didn't work on iPad, leading to bigcheif, but on my computer it works fine. :lol

It doesn't for me, that's what I'm saying. I've clicked every link in both firefox and IE, and where it takes me isn't misspelt at all.

Time can be rewritten.
Apparently so can e-mails.:nana:

I think the email is bigger on the inside... :lol

"The site you have requested does not exist on this server"

Jolly.

Remember: Rule number one, the email lies. :lol

Newb to the board but when the link didn't work, I came straight here. Obviously a wise plan. ;)

Since consensus is link will work at 11AM GMT tomorrow, guess I'll be getting up at 6AM. Where's time travel when you need it...hah

Oh err... I forgot to check if they ship to the US and now the site doesn't work. Help? (I have some UK friends I can recruit...)

They confirmed in this thread previously that they will ship internationally, as I'm an aussie so I asked as I wanted to make sure. So yeah, you should be good to go.

Hope that helps. :)

Ex-Parrot - Awesome, thanks! I was digging through all 100+ pages but then I came under attack from a puppy with a squeaky toy. lol. Should've named her Stormageddon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back