New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but some of you guys would rather throw an infant company under a bus and stir **** to satisfy some desire for instant gratification than try and attempt something as old fashioned as patience and loyalty. Besides which, you can't compare a $30 deposit for something that, tho tardy,that is surely coming down the pipe with a one man custom that you spent hundreds of dollars on.

Perspective is important and I believe some of you have lost yours.

stir **** to satisfy some desire for instant gratification
Wow, thank you Sigmund, that was very insightful of you...very profound. Utter crap....but profound. Where did that come from, the back of a cereal packet, I suspect?

I do hope that you are not including me in that blasé generalisation. There have been no louder or vocal defenders and supporters of BCS from the very start than myself (and Captain Britain), and I have even been labelled an 'apologist' and BCS's 'white knight'. I have no intention of throwing anybody under anything, especially BCS.

Nor am I stirring any unpleasant stuff by reproducing recent updates. When I initially read through them, they did seem to be a repetition of what they'd said before. After I'd re-read through them a few more times and thought about it a bit more, I could see what they meant more clearly. But this morning, before I get a chance to even come back on here and post my revision of thought....low and behold, the lord high master and protector of all things 1:6 has spoken and I get the distinct sensation that I should feel like I have had a telling off because I don't know patience?

Just so you get a better understanding of me and my world, I'll break it down for you. I have a very ill elderly mother who is wasting away in front of my eyes, a mother-in-law who has just recovered from a mastectomy and I have a 15 year old autistic son.

Trust me sonny, I know patience more than you ever will.

Oh, and I collect 1:6 scale figures.

Last edited:
DGT, at the risk of putting words in pixeltwin's mouth, I didn't get the impression that he was attacking you with those comments.

We are getting a lot of strong feeling in this thread again. Deep breath, chaps. It's only a toy.

Wow, thank you Sigmund, that was very insightful of you...very profound. Utter crap....but profound. Where did that come from, the back of a cereal packet, I suspect?

I do hope that you are not including me in that blasé generalisation. There have been no louder or vocal defenders and supporters of BCS from the very start than myself (and Captain Britain), and I have even been labelled an 'apologist' and BCS's 'white knight'. I have no intention of throwing anybody under anything, especially BCS.

Nor am I stirring any unpleasant stuff by reproducing recent updates. When I initially read through them, they did seem to be a repetition of what they'd said before. After I'd re-read through them a few more times and thought about it a bit more, I could see what they meant more clearly. But this morning, before I get a chance to even come back on here and post my revision of thought....low and behold, the lord high master and protector of all things 1:6 has spoken and I get the distinct sensation that I should feel like I have had a telling off because I don't know patience?

Just so you get a better understanding of me and my world, I'll break it down for you. I have a very ill elderly mother who is wasting away in front of my eyes, a mother-in-law who has just recovered from a mastectomy and I have a 15 year old autistic son.

Trust me sonny, I know patience more than you ever will.

Oh, and I collect 1:6 scale figures.

Many, many things in life are more important than toys... and toys can provide a great escape from those things. So yeah, in their own way they are important.

I don't want to pose as the voice of sweet reason, because I've caused numerous arguments on here, but I recently heard a great piece of advice - that when you read something on the net that's directed at you, actualy it isn't. That person said it to their computer screen, not you.

Maybe the problem here is the deposits? In future perhaps BC should undertake to return a deposit within a reasonable period of time at the point when you order if the product doesn't appear, although the deposit-payer should understand that that would mean them losing their automatic 'reservation' of the product. A year sounds about right to me; within a year you should either have the product or you should be confident it's going to arrive, no matter how small the company. The upside for BC is that people then lose the right to complain (and anyone who has paid a deposit has that right after all this period of time).

Resorting to what? Both of you brought out comparisons that weren't at all comparable.

Per dgt's mother and son, sorry to hear about that but that is so completely irrelevant and such a transparent attempt to garner sympathy. I never attacked either of you personally. I did attack your ideas however and if you find that somehow distasteful or personally hurtful I'm sorry but its time you learned the difference.

Last edited:
Not irrelevant to the point he was making about patience, or his character for that matter.

The other sixth scale companies don't keep people informed about upcoming products. People wait a helluva long time to preorder stuff. That relates to Baker anyway.

But they are notified of changes to delivery and when it is supposed to be scheduled to ship. Sideshow does it, HT does as well.

They are both larger companies that have been up and running for a long time now. BCS isn't. It's small and relatively new.

And yes when there is nothing new to report people will always be wanting an update. BCS look like they're doing the best they can. We're only focusing on Amy and the like but they're focusing on Baker, the Sherlock figures, Ten and probably many more and trying to get them ready.

As for this one figure a year nonsense, it's working just fine for Hot Toys Star Wars line and I'm happy with that. I'd be happy with it if it were the only line going as well.

I think at this point they are just releasing Amy to try and recoup some of the losses they may take on her. It was a mistake to release Amy so early in the game, imo.

Anyways, I'm sorry if some of what I said was offensive. It wasn't intended to be, but I can see how it can be taken that way. I respect the lot of you. :peace

Last edited:
Resorting to what? Both of you brought out comparisons that weren't at all comparable.

Per dgt's mother and son, sorry to hear about that but that is so completely irrelevant and such a transparent attempt to garner sympathy. I never attacked either of you personally. I did attack your ideas however and if you find that somehow distasteful or personally hurtful I'm sorry but its time you learned the difference.
Stop playing coy, you purpously butchered my name. Oh and no he wasn't trying to get sympathy, he was proving he has plenty of patience.

Stop playing coy, you purpously butchered my name. Oh and no he wasn't trying to get sympathy, he was proving he has plenty of patience.

Butchered. That's a touch melodramatic too. You are s hit stirrer. I stand by that. Believe what you want. I'm done discussing this with the likes of you.

I think at this point they are just releasing Amy to try and recoup some of the losses they may take on her. It was a mistake to release Amy so early in the game
But they needed to act while she was on the show. Once off the show a characters popularity lessens. Is Amy even sold out yet?

Butchered. That's a touch melodramatic too. You are s hit stirrer. I stand by that. Believe what you want. I'm done discussing this with the likes of you.
That's more than fine with me. You're pretty good at ruffling feathers yourself PT.

I think at this point they are just releasing Amy to try and recoup some of the losses they may take on her. It was a mistake to release Amy so early in the game, imo.

Anyways, I'm sorry if some of what I said was offensive. It wasn't intended to be, but I can see how it can be taken that way. I respect the lot of you. :peace

1-1.gif

As for this one figure a year nonsense, it's working just fine for Hot Toys Star Wars line and I'm happy with that. I'd be happy with it if it were the only line going as well.

It is? Last time I checked the fans over on the Star Wars section are just as mad about that screwed up timetable.

One year is an extremely long time to wait for anything, let alone each individual piece of a collection. Why should we wait longer than we have to if a company is capable of doing more. Its not as if patience in and of itself is worth anything.

It is? Last time I checked the fans over on the Star Wars section are just as mad about that screwed up timetable.

One year is an extremely long time to wait for anything, let alone each individual piece of a collection. Why should we wait longer than we have to if a company is capable of doing more. Its not as if patience in and of itself is worth anything.

I'm happy with what they're doing. If it maintains the quality of Luke and isn't just rushed out then it isn't too long. Is HT capable of doing more? Yes, but they have so many licenses that one lil HT SW fig a year works for me and is something to look forward to. Once Episode VIII hits, this may be a different story.

As for Who and BCS...are they capable of doing more? It's undecided at this point since they've only put out one figure. They have plenty of ideas and prototypes out there but just one Doctor so far. If they keep to schedule then more will come. I'm saying we're very lucky if we get one figure a year from a brand new company AND if they keep up and improve on the quality of Eleven.
Naturally, they'll improve their speed but that will take time.

I'm happy with what they're doing. If it maintains the quality of Luke and isn't just rushed out then it isn't too long. Is HT capable of doing more? Yes, but they have so many licenses that one lil HT SW fig a year works for me and is something to look forward to. Once Episode VIII hits, this may be a different story.

As for Who and BCS...are they capable of doing more? It's undecided at this point since they've only put out one figure. They have plenty of ideas and prototypes out there but just one Doctor so far. If they keep to schedule then more will come. I'm saying we're very lucky if we get one figure a year from a brand new company AND if they keep up and improve on the quality of Eleven.
Naturally, they'll improve their speed but that will take time.

You may be happy with a slow schedule, but others of us aren't. Why is that a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back