New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah! I can't decide on wherther I should get a Kindle or the Spike statue! I don't think I could justify buying both. Specially since I should re-pay that damn Mastercard loan first...

The Spike statue is pretty, but let's face it, it's a lot of money. The price of the item+50USD for shipping and then about a third of the total amount that goes to customs. So around 400USD total for a statue that's, let's face it, looks absolutely amazing, but will just sit on my shelf and do nothing but look pretty. The Kindle will cost less than half and I could use it for reading for years to come, and bring it with me everywhere, and store lots and lots of books on it (and dirty Spike fanfics *drool*).

On the other hand, when do I read anyway? I mainly sit by the computer, where I could look up at my Spike statue from time to time. Of course, for 400USD I could get a Kindle AND be able to afford books to fill it.

You know, the day the start selling cheap but high quality three dimensional hologram-thingies of cities, statues, people, that can be changed like a digital photoframe, I will be very happy. Might take a few decades until we get there though.

I wonder if I could print out a picture of the Spike statue to look at...

I for one love reading actual books, so id never buy a kindle:) Im buying these statues now that I can afford it, but I know when I get a mortgage, that will probably be the end of my spending:(

I really want these, but there's no way I could afford them right now. I could possibly ask for one for Christmas, but then I have to decide which one. Its so hard.

I really want these, but there's no way I could afford them right now. I could possibly ask for one for Christmas, but then I have to decide which one. Its so hard.

I'm thinking about selling off my 12" & 6" figures and trading up to this line. I love my little guys, but I'd rather have a few really nice things than a houseful of less nice things, if that makes sense.

I don't know that I can part with all of them, though. Hmm.

I know! We can all just win the lottery, and then we won't have to worry!

Whew. I dunno about y'all, but I'm certainly glad I got that one figured out. Next stop, the cure for cancer! :hi5:

I'm thinking about selling off my 12" & 6" figures and trading up to this line. I love my little guys, but I'd rather have a few really nice things than a houseful of less nice things, if that makes sense.

I feel like that almost every time I look around at my Buffy collection, at the cheap stuff I bought simply because they were cheap and kind of nice. I could have saved up for "a few really nice things" instead.

yeah, I feel the same way also, that is letting go of the action figure and just get the new buffy statue line. But looking at it now, the ones I really want in the line is just Buffy, Faith and Angel, Angel is the only one I didn't pre-order simply because I alreay have the premium format statue (which I got pretty cheap), and because there's just so many other stuff coming out this year :(

I'd never give up my 12" Buffys for static statues. Half the fun for me is playing with them and the other half is customizing them. And it doesn't hurt that the most expensive one was $45. Even the worst ones (Willow, Liam, Der Kinderstod) have good points that make them worth the price.

Plus, in my experience, too many of the statues Sideshow is pumping out these days can only be displayed in a certain context or site like a game or play room. I.e. the T&A or 'roid-raging thing.

It has started to creep into this Buffy line too. I have throne Buffy and Faith on preorder because--they're from Buffy! And no one else is making them. But I don't think I'll be too sad when Angel comes out and I can concentrate on more bang-for-your-buck hobbies like my LEGO and 12" figures. I am pretty sure Angel will be my last Sideshow statue purchase. I've already given up on the Jim Lee X-Men with the Rogue flap and Colossus price-gouge.

I guess it is different now seeing how realistic 12" can be (i.e. Hot Toys), but of course there's a huge price tag that comes with the newer, better manufacturing processes. I would gladly go back to the 12" days to finish both lines. Heck, I would consider paying a little more than the old $45, as long as the quality justified it.

I only have the buffy grad day figure and the Angel figure from Ats line and thats it. I was contemplating getting the Spike and Dru ones at one point, but then id probably expand and try to get them all. Kinda glad I didn't go down that road otherwise I would have room for anything else.

I like both statues and figures, but I dont like to have too many of the one thing. Ill be collecting all of these maquettes bar the Willow, as for me personally I dont particularly like that statue.

I started with the 12" in 2005. I think if I had to start now, I'd say forget it. But because I started long ago and they were the best things out there back then, it was a no brainer.

Now we have the statues.

I'd never give up my 12" Buffys for static statues. Half the fun for me is playing with them and the other half is customizing them. And it doesn't hurt that the most expensive one was $45. Even the worst ones (Willow, Liam, Der Kinderstod) have good points that make them worth the price.

Same here. I've never really been keen on static sculpts. Now give me a figure with real fabric cloths that I can pose and I'll be happy. :D

I guess that's why I'm maybe okay with selling mine - I love them all, but I don't actually play with them. They're all posed and displayed, but I stuck them in a position I liked, and then put them on a shelf, and there they sit...like statues.

I love the variety available in the 6" figures, but they stand on their shelves like little statues, too.

If I consolidated and traded up to the new statue line, I'd have a lot more space for other stuff I can't afford, too. :lol

I don't think I'll get rid of my smaller statues, though. Just the figs. I don't have enough posts to apply to be a seller here yet, but when I do, I'll probably offer them here first, in case any of you guys are interested. I don't have as many as a lot of other collections I've seen, but I have quite a few, just the same.

I'm with you GZG. I posed mine in one position and that's it. That's how they stay. I don't move them. Ever.

Back