Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks better, no longer a wrinkles mess. But it's Gandalf the Grey so it looks OK either way

Chronos, can I ask you to measure the length of the staff and possibly Glamdring?
I'm trying to figure out how to acquire/make my own for a display I'm working on.

Such a great piece. I wish they had have done a Gimli PF to finish off the key players in the Fellowship. Should have ditched Lurtz if anything.

Same for me, that's why i got them in the maquette line instead. Aragorn in 1/6 format is really well done.

The maquette line was one of the best lines SS ever produced, it's damn shame even that was never completed. SW mythos came right after in the same vein and even though I don't have anything from that I still thought it was great too.

The maquette line was one of the best lines SS ever produced, it's damn shame even that was never completed. SW mythos came right after in the same vein and even though I don't have anything from that I still thought it was great too.
I had and sold a few of the SW Mythos pieces. They were nice, but don't compare to a well done PF. Same feeling I have about the LOTR ones. Hopefully we get to see more customs done like the cave troll if nobody is going to pick up the slack.

Same for me, that's why i got them in the maquette line instead. Aragorn in 1/6 format is really well done.

Agree. The Aragorn as Strider statue face sculpt was spot on! As was the Sam and Frodo statue, whereas the Frodo PF is all kinds of creepy and off. The line was great. I am contemplating collecting it, but now it just seems too much effort and way too costly on the secondary market.

Why they made a Lurtz PF over Gimli I'll never understand. He had like half an hour screen time in one film. Haha. I can even understand making an Orc PF over that.

Last edited:
Agree. The Aragorn as Strider statue face sculpt was spot on! As was the Sam and Frodo statue, whereas the Frodo PF is all kinds of creepy and off. The line was great. I am contemplating collecting it, but now it just seems too much effort and way too costly on the secondary market.
Depends which you need, many of them you can still get for a decent price. I saved Frodo for last as I thought the same about the face, but now that I have it he looks better than I expected. Only one I sold was GTW. That is the worst one imo.

I had and sold a few of the SW Mythos pieces. They were nice, but don't compare to a well done PF. Same feeling I have about the LOTR ones. Hopefully we get to see more customs done like the cave troll if nobody is going to pick up the slack.

Granted the larger scale will give more impact, but scale aside both lines were pretty well done.

I had and sold the Mythos Vader. It was the most disappointing statue I've owned. Didn't help that they spray painted him orange.

Back