New 1/6 Star Trek????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiminydog

Super Freak
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, the company that makes the Lost in Space 1/6 figures, scifi metropolis, made some prototypes to try to get the Trek license. Supposedly they didn't get it -- they auctioned off several of their Kirk and Spock prototypes on Evil Bay. But pics of these figs are showing up on several sites from people who went to Wonderfest... are there new Trek figures in the works that I haven't heard about?

https://community.webshots.com/photo/550977459/2215669030091774602CyASuq

Wow, I like Pike and is that supposed to be Scotty to the left of Kirk? The doctor looks pretty buff. And although I really hate to say this, "Their arms are too long."

I wonder if Pike is just half a body in that thing...

I can't understand how ppl think this is good stuff!? the only reasonable good about them are their heads. The figures are plain ugly and awfull!
These haven been mentioned in another thread btw..

I think I saw these pics on the OSW forum - basically these were prototypes - the heads and uniforms were made for the show but they just grabbed existing bodies - i.e. the bodies in the photos are not the final ones.

I thought the same thing about Sci Fi Metropolises Lost in Space figures too. Boy was I wrong. They do look like custom figures, but good customs. In the flesh they are heaps better. I still prefer Sideshows sculpted hands.

You better check you bod out Polystoner, I think your arms are too short. :lol Okay, okay my arms are too long too. :D

I expect Ironman to chime in shortly and repost the pics he has of their heads. I think these would be great. In the meantime I will patiently wait for more Lost in Space figures.

Chime?? CHIME????

I do not chime, I reply. :D
2215669030091774602CyASuq_ph.jpg

These are the SFM prototypes. They have impromptu unis on Worthfield bodies. They were put together to attempt to garner the Trek rights for the 40th anniversary. As I have said previously, those rights are not owned by PAramount any longer and a bit [alright, a lot] harder to win then one would think. The prototype heads, IMHO, are absolutely fantastic.
SFM-trekheads01.jpg

The Kirk is a bit younger than I would have personally gone for, but is, nonetheless, a fantastic piece.
The Kang is no slouch either:
MyCustom-StarTrekKang02.jpg

I do also anxiously await the next wave of the Lost in Space figures. Having seen some of what is to come I hope that many more figures arrrive from SFM soon!!!

Ironman1188 said:
Chime?? CHIME????

SFM-trekheads01.jpg

wow!!! im not a star trek fan but those head sculpts are pretty darn good. so even after they produced these prototypes they didnt get the license?? thats insane they look perfect!!! as for the cheesy costumes and funky robot hands they are still prototypes.

Those head sculpts are awesome. Shatner has a face that's really difficult to capture in a sculpt (as does Harrison Ford and Charlton Heston).

Also the thing about the uniforms is that SFM uses the same materials that the actor's costumes were made of -- that's what I really like about the Lost in Space figures. They're using velour for the shirts and a polyester-like material for the pants, so it's cool and it's also just the right amount of cheesy -- just like the original costume. It's a brilliant choice, IMO.

Paramount, or whoever, if you're listening: GIVE THESE GUYS THE LICENSE!!!!

Gruff Old Bear said:
Who owns the rights? Majel Barret? How on earth could Paramount lose the merchandising rights to its biggest and longest-running franchise?

I don't know that its the franchise rights so much as merchandise rights, or maybe just the figure rights? I believe CBS is the power that be. I do know that they were re-proposed and are, again, awaiting a reply.

Xeno said:
I can't understand how ppl think this is good stuff!? the only reasonable good about them are their heads. The figures are plain ugly and awfull!
These haven been mentioned in another thread btw..

I guess you're not all that familiar with the prototype concept. Or any of the LiS figures that SFM put out. It wouldn't be uncommon for folks here to be sceptical though. Hell, we pick apart SSC's prototypes [and final products] too!! :D

Jiminydog said:
Those head sculpts are awesome. Shatner has a face that's really difficult to capture in a sculpt (as does Harrison Ford and Charlton Heston).

Also the thing about the uniforms is that SFM uses the same materials that the actor's costumes were made of -- that's what I really like about the Lost in Space figures. They're using velour for the shirts and a polyester-like material for the pants, so it's cool and it's also just the right amount of cheesy -- just like the original costume. It's a brilliant choice, IMO.

Paramount, or whoever, if you're listening: GIVE THESE GUYS THE LICENSE!!!!

oh i didnt know they were the same material as the real costumes. thats pretty cool!!

The sculpts look fantastic. The uni material used for the Enterprise crew is a little too cheesy for me but I'd still take it.

I've got the Jim "Edylhands" Maddox sculpted Kirk and Spock headsculpts and they are amazing. The Kirk one is "head and shoulders" better than the kirk pictured above... ;)

FlyAndFight said:
The sculpts look fantastic. The uni material used for the Enterprise crew is a little too cheesy for me but I'd still take it.

I've got the Jim "Edylhands" Maddox sculpted Kirk and Spock headsculpts and they are amazing. The Kirk one is "head and shoulders" better than the kirk pictured above... ;)

I have Jim's version too. While it is very good, I wouldn't say its better or worse than SFM's. It is simply a different [in this case I'd say not as young] version from SFM.

I have the eydylhands Kirk and Spock too and I thought they were what was used on the ScifiMetropolis figures. Looks near enough to me. But I've yet to see a perfect Shatner sculpt - he's one of those whose likeness is very elusive.

Back