Neil Marshall's R-Rated HELLBOY reboot starring David Harbour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this design. After that first poster used the comic version of Hellboy, I'm surprised they didn't go for something less 'Perlman' to distance this from those movies.

Hopefully we'll get some cool figures from this.

DJoToM3VoAAqLS1.jpg:large

Much better than Perlman. Grittier and it's good to see real muscles instead of rubber.

When I first saw the new Hellboy image here, I thought it was an unused concept image from the Perlman films. It almost looks identical to Perlman.
I was also hoping they'd do something a little different, but it's still a great Hellboy design.

yep' a little too Perlman minus the skin relics which were actually pretty cool.It will still be good to have a new
Hellboy film.

Another pic from Harbour's Twitter:

BTTrW5X.jpg

Uh, that looks a bit too "horror". It might be the filter, but he looks scarrier. I mean, Hellboy IS a demon, but he's supposed to be loveable. I hope they get that right, plus the atmosphere. Del Toro went all fantasy, and these guys seem to be going all horror, when the books are somewhere in the middle, as they're based on folk tales. I'm optimistic though.

He literally looks like Frankenstein in here

The B&W pic def points to a more horror approach. This will be a much darker take on the character and Harbour's look demonstrates that.

David Harbour the transformation.. I hope they stay with the 3rd look :lol

Attachments

• David Harbour HB2.jpg
    David Harbour HB2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 83
  • David Harhour HB.jpg
    David Harhour HB.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 83
  • David Harbour HB3.jpg
    David Harbour HB3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 82
I hope the muscle suit looks real on camera. I still think they should have gone full cgi on HB. The long hair sucks btw.

I think this interpretation looks fantastic. They didn't over-do it. People would be complaining to no end if they changed the look completely from Perlman.

I'm guessing this iteration will be a nice blend of fun but more serious tone. I'm ready for the collectibles and to see what the hell they draw up to go against this version.

Back