NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's been said anywhere, but would be nice if it came with the home made spear he put together.

Someone with a twitter account should ask NECA what their plans are with the Rambo license. Do it.
tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

Done! I asked, "Will there be more Rambo figures like from (my favorite) part II and III? I'd like to buy a Colonel Sam Trautman figure!"
and then NECA replied, "Survival Rambo from first blood this fall & more to come as long as sales are good."

I'm guessing that's the Rambo figure with the poncho.

That's interesting because Big Bad lists this to arrive in April.

Done! I asked, "Will there be more Rambo figures like from (my favorite) part II and III? I'd like to buy a Colonel Sam Trautman figure!"
and then NECA replied, "Survival Rambo from first blood this fall & more to come as long as sales are good."

I'm guessing that's the Rambo figure with the poncho.

Thanks Darkseid, Appreciate it. Curious to see what the "survival" Rambo is, or is this one called survival Rambo? If not I was hoping this figure would include the poncho.

Perhaps survival Rambo is the scenario I mentioned with the poncho and bandana less head, I can't believe it refers to the figure we're seeing now since NECA just put it on display with a May release tag, they'd be boneheads to do that an then have it really be Fall.

Well if that's the case then I really hope this first figure sells well, or else we probably won't be getting the poncho. :(

Well if that's the case then I really hope this first figure sells well, or else we probably won't be getting the poncho. :(

Since it would recycle most parts, I'm sure every Rambo figure they have planned based on these parts will see release to justify the work, it's more the fate of Rambo 2 and 3 that'll rest on this figure, which frankly is stupid. First Blood may be the classic film but it's the most boring film for figures, he used hardly any weapons or anything. Rambo 2 and 3 have numerous guns, the bow, far more options for cool looking figures. I don't see First Blood doing well outside the fan base but I'd welcome a surprise because I want at least 1-3, but this attitude clearly shows Rambo 4 has no shot ever.

I don't get NECA with Rambo and Rocky, franchises with lots of looks and such to draw from and they seem to half *** them. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Terminator, Aliens and Predator where we're getting such full lines and representation of the films.

Since it would recycle most parts, I'm sure every Rambo figure they have planned based on these parts will see release to justify the work, it's more the fate of Rambo 2 and 3 that'll rest on this figure, which frankly is stupid. First Blood may be the classic film but it's the most boring film for figures, he used hardly any weapons or anything. Rambo 2 and 3 have numerous guns, the bow, far more options for cool looking figures. I don't see First Blood doing well outside the fan base but I'd welcome a surprise because I want at least 1-3, but this attitude clearly shows Rambo 4 has no shot ever.

I don't get NECA with Rambo and Rocky, franchises with lots of looks and such to draw from and they seem to half *** them. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Terminator, Aliens and Predator where we're getting such full lines and representation of the films.

Agreed. I can see how most would think First blood isn't nearly as "iconic" in terms of looks as II and III, But I'd want a figure from the first film more than the others. Imagine a Enterbay 1/4 First Blood Rambo?:thud:

It figures that Rambo and Rocky would get the short end of the stick, two of my favorite series. Im still pissed that NECA doesn't seem to be planning Rocky II figures, those would re-use a lot of the same parts too.

I really hope Neca just skips ahead to 4, because both 2&3 were pretty bad. Just an opinion, but all the same it would be cool.

I'm wondering how successful the Rocky line was? I never saw them warming peg boards anywhere. Why wouldn't Neca have the same confidence in Rambo?

I'm wondering how successful the Rocky line was? I never saw them warming peg boards anywhere. Why wouldn't Neca have the same confidence in Rambo?

Very good question. But I do have to say that there is one place that I go to, where They are still there as we speak. But that's because nobody knows about em!

Endiho mentioned once that he was working on a 1/4 scale First Blood Rambo. I really hope these NECA figures have some longevity, as while FB is the superior film, Part II and III is the superior look of Rambo. Part IV is find, but there's already three solid pieces from HCG on that one.

Rocky seemed to do well, but I think mainly 3 and 4, NECA has no plans for Rocky 2 figures or anything more.

Rocky and Rambo figures are a tough sell for casual buyers, they're not as cool as NECA's creature licenses. Rambo is especially hard doing First Blood, 2 and 3 have more sellin power with the weapons and such, FB is a fan favor and casual buyers will pass.

Rambo 2 is Rambo's most Iconic look

Shirtless,red head band,large knife,M-60 machine gun etc

in fact they made his 80's cartoon based off that look

so Neca NEEDS to make Rambo 2

Back