NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take Rambo 4 at any scale, more than anything I just want a Rambo from every film in the same scale, it used to be even the same product type but I've loosened up on that. HT did 1-3 and despite getting the 1/6 HCG statue of Rambo 4, I wanted a figure, but by the time I had the means to make a custom Rambo 4, I've had to sell off the 1-3 figures lol. While a mix of statues and figures as well as manufacturers, I have 2-4 in 1/4 scale, so either NECA doing all 4 at 7" scale or First Blood at 18" scale would finally give me a full set of some form.

It's too bad cause the Rocky line is really great.

Agreed.

I'll take Rambo 4 at any scale, more than anything I just want a Rambo from every film in the same scale, it used to be even the same product type but I've loosened up on that. HT did 1-3 and despite getting the 1/6 HCG statue of Rambo 4, I wanted a figure, but by the time I had the means to make a custom Rambo 4, I've had to sell off the 1-3 figures lol. While a mix of statues and figures as well as manufacturers, I have 2-4 in 1/4 scale, so either NECA doing all 4 at 7" scale or First Blood at 18" scale would finally give me a full set of some form.

It's quite humorous how they seem so uninterested with Rambo, but yet they have 3 or 4 series of Gremlins figures. :lol

Agreed.

It's quite humorous how they seem so uninterested with Rambo, but yet they have 3 or 4 series of Gremlins figures. :lol

Gremlins have a wider collector market than Rambo, hell, I have a coworker who doesn't even collect and has a Gizmo and wants the NECA electricity gremlin just cuz it's neat. Bizarre things like Predators and Gtemlins seem to hold more collectible appeal than a shirtless army of one.

From coolToyreview last year.

"While on the subject of Stallone movies, we took the opportunity to talk about NECA’s upcoming Rambo figure. They promise they will have lots of Rambo to show next year, but right now the line is in the very early stages of production. Films 1-3 are on board with plans for a First Blood Rambo kicking it all off."

An 18" Rambo from NECA would be awesome.

I think more Rambo will still happen.It's not too long ago First Blood went up for Pre-order so this is just the beginning of more figures to come hopefully.

Thats a pity. While I'm very much hetero I love these figures of Arnie and Stallone with big **** off muscles and pecs.

Sarcasm?
4FHT

I think more Rambo will still happen.It's not too long ago First Blood went up for Pre-order so this is just the beginning of more figures to come hopefully.

I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it. It seems like they would have atleast said more Rambo figures are coming soon. It's the overall lack of interest by NECA fans.

According to the plaque at Toy Fair, First Blood isn't even shipping until May.

I saw that...............:gah:

Last edited:
They weren't bad for the time that they came out. There's almost no articulation though. I really hope NECA delivers on this license.

They weren't bad for the time that they came out. There's almost no articulation though. I really hope NECA delivers on this license.

I think Maulfan has a few of those too. NECA made it seem like the Rambo license was a big deal, so I hope we see more figures soon.

I think Maulfan has a few of those too. NECA made it seem like the Rambo license was a big deal, so I hope we see more figures soon.

I want them all, I've only tracked down the Rambo 2 figure so far. The sculpt work is great, the accessories and paint are a bit lacking compared to NECA, but it's made up for by the figure looking like Stallone unlike the ugly N2 figure, which I also have.

2850092821_7d7d318689_z.jpg

Oh okay. That N2 figure doesn't look too bad. NECAs Rambo isn't that great in terms of likeness either, But definitely acceptable for the price. I think it would be vastly improved if the head was slightly enlarged, but I'll be happy with it either way.

I think the likeness on the First Blood is pretty solid, if any area could use work, it's the eyes, just like Rocky, their Stallone's all seem to suffer in the eyes for some reason, but the rest is really good.

2013_International_Toy_Fair_NECA-120.jpg

Yeah not bad at all, just not great either. This might be one of those times where the likeness will looks better in-hand. I wonder what happened to the other sculpt we saw awhile back?

Yeah not bad at all, just not great either. This might be one of those times where the likeness will looks better in-hand. I wonder what happened to the other sculpt we saw awhile back?

Don't know, hoping it'll be made, you could do a few things with it. It was bandana-less, so you can either do the M65 jacket look from the beginning or do a clear, early wilderness figure when he first escaped, it's an easy variant to use all but the head of this one, kind of like the Rocky 4 variant, new head, same from the neck down.

An m65 jacket Rambo would be pretty cool. I was hoping we'd get a few variants from each film, especially First Blood. Maybe if there's a series two it'll have a FB variant in the wave. I just hate that we seem to be the only people interested in this figure, that's not a good sign. :lol

I think part of the problem is it's a lone figure, people are getting accustomed to NECA putting things out in waves, or a lone figure being because it's fitting for the film or character, Rambo could easily be waves of figures from each film, you could come up with 3 versions of him from each one and again, recycle a lot of parts which is just what NECA likes. I'm puzzled by how this is going. I'll be getting multiples of this one to have poncho and M60 looks, maybe even a 3rd to have parts for later if they were to do an M65, swap heads and have an earlier part of the movie Rambo.

I think part of the problem is it's a lone figure, people are getting accustomed to NECA putting things out in waves, or a lone figure being because it's fitting for the film or character, Rambo could easily be waves of figures from each film, you could come up with 3 versions of him from each one and again, recycle a lot of parts which is just what NECA likes. I'm puzzled by how this is going. I'll be getting multiples of this one to have poncho and M60 looks, maybe even a 3rd to have parts for later if they were to do an M65, swap heads and have an earlier part of the movie Rambo.

I'll be getting multiples aswell, considering this may be the only FB Rambo they make, or only Rambo they make for that matter. One to keep in the package, and one to open.

So this figure includes his Machine gun, ammo belt, Knife w/ sheathe, and ponco. Am I missing anything?

Back