NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Production figure looks great, I'm really excited but also disappointed that the poncho will be a variant it seems. Also curious if it'll be an alternate head and accessories or the same thing just without the gun parts.

That's exactly what they're doing. :lol

madBRO.gif

:wink1:

It's not really retarded, it sucks but NECA knows certain things will just sell same as Hot Toys. Average consumers won't even lnow about the the Kenner connection an just see more Predators, Rambo is a shirtless dude with long hair, I don't even imagine many people around age 20 or younger are even into Rambo and how many over that age are into him enough to collect, I feel like Sly's characters have a narrow collector following, but even Arnie would be the same if not for Terminator but the traits of the character elevate his collectible status, Sly is always just a man.

Sly and Arnie's status as collectibles are down to more than they characters they play. They're icons even as themselves. Most of the time I get the figures because of the actors and men playing them.

Sly and Arnie's status as collectibles are down to more than they characters they play. They're icons even as themselves. Most of the time I get the figures because of the actors and men playing them.

Agreed.:goodpost:

Wait wait wait... Neca is making KENNER Predators? WTF?!?!? :huh

I'm not crazy the way they did his bottom half. It looks like he has diapers on under his jeans. It reads that way because they over sculpted the wrinkles in his upper pants region. It doesn't match the legs where the jeans read tight, so it looks odd.

I don't think this looks like Stallone, it looks more like a caricature.

Looks alright, but I'm going to wait for the Rambo First Blood Part 2 version.

Unfortunately you may wait for nothing, NECA's stated they have no further plans for Rambo at this time unless this First Blood is very successful.

NECA just seems to acquire licenses for the sake of acquiring them. Never seen a company not take advantage of it. SSC's can be accused of not doing much with the Disney license (although now Disney owns Marvel and Lucasfilm so I guess all Marvel and Star Wars stuff now is really Disney too) when they got it. I think maybe 5-6 statues.

I don't know what they're basing their plans for Rambo on, they haven't put out a figure and already show low expectations, maybe Rocky didn't live up to their expectations so now they're being conservative with Rambo.

neca maybe should have done Rambo 2 first,and let tankman sculpt the head, or maybe did Rambo 4, to test the waters.this Rambo 1 is a decent likeness ,just nowhere as good as dutches.but i'm getting it anyway to go with my dutch, to fight aliens and predators.

Back