NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One things forsure NECA seems to be way more confident in their Rocky line than Rambo. :lol

Not necessarily, despite 3 series of figures, there's only been 1 unique Rocky and 2 variants in each, paired with an oppenent and variant. Odds are any Rambo line will just be him, so maybe with some luck, they're just trying to spread things out instead of being done in 1 or 2 waves.

They sculpted five completely different Rocky heads. I don't see how that is equal to one unique Rocky.

What I'm saying is, Each series mainly had 1 Rocky and 1 opponent with a couple variants, I just don't think Rocky was overly invested into, a healthy amount sure, but at the same time, Rocky has more characters to work with, it wouldn't seem as full without Apollo, Drago and Clubber, but it has those too, if it were just Rocky alone figures, it'd seem pretty small, as Rambo will feel.

Even then, Rocky would still have two figures in Series 1, while Rambo only has one.

AxoFy8iCAAAp_wR.jpg

Shown earlier.
Same headsculpt though so we might get the Poncho with this one after all.

I actually started buying NECA Friday the 13th figures when they had the newer articulation. I never bought the previous F13 stuff and even the McFarlane figures because if I wanted a statue, I'd go out and buy one.

What do you all think of the plastic used on the Rocky figures? If there's no problems with breaking or splitting, I think NECA should make figures that wear pants to have that rubbery plastic material.

I have two Dark Angel figures that haven't split or break yet and I like how the joints are hidden. Anyone remember these? (6" scale)
The faces need improvement but the joints are okay for figures at that time.

DA_toy_jampony.jpg
DA_toy_s1_4.jpg

The rubber on my Marvel Legends Morbius deteriorated a long time ago but the pants on my two Dark Angel figures (bought around the same time) are still okay with no rubber deterioration. They can do a decent sidekick/split pose without the rubber breaking. Maybe NECA could look into putting more of this rubbery plastic on figures that wear pants.

I hope the weathering on the poncho is done either really well or such that I can easily weather it myself, sculpt looks great though.

Rambo stands 6 3/4″ tall and features over 25 points of articulation
He comes complete with survival knife, machine gun and more

Im betting the "and more" is the removeable poncho.

I'm curious to see how the wrist articulation works, I believe this is the first bare armed figure from NECA with articulated wrists, I believe the Rocky figures just have a swivel if that.

The wrists are articulated on the Rocky figures aswell. Now that I compare pictures, Im almost positive that those are the same arms used for the Rocky III and IV Rocky.

I bet getting those bullets to stay will be a pain in the ***.

The wrists are articulated on the Rocky figures aswell. Now that I compare pictures, Im almost positive that those are the same arms used for the Rocky III and IV Rocky.

Nah they look thicker to me, especially the forearms.

It's the same. You can tell if you compare the Rocky III and IV figures veins, to the veins on the Rambo figure. They're identical.

Yea the bicep looks the same, the forearm might be the same but, they look different in these pics anyhoo..i'll know when i see better pics and have them both in hand side by side.

neca+john+rambo+action+figure+01.jpg

neca53029b-c324.jpg

Definitely will not bother me if they are the same or similar since it is the same guy, keeps it accurate.

Last edited:
Yeah forsure, Its not like its a bad thing, just something I noticed.

I wish NECA did photo galleries of their figures like Hot Toys and Sideshow, especially now with the added articulation, show off some of what the figure is capable of, between the Comic Con pose and this new shot, you really can't tell much of what Rambo can do, it'd be nice to see him in some gun firing poses and alternate ways of holding it besides just hoisted in the air.

Yeah that would be cool. Having the M60 hoisted up in the air is pretty silly, that would be so hard to do. :lol

Back