NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get some people preferring the days of NECA where the figures were almost seamless with very few joints and were essentially statues with only one real possible pose, you didn't have to see joints and the overally figure had a nice look to it.

What bothers me is that rider spams every NECA thread on this site whining about diapers and it's too much, the point's been made, there's apparently only one other person at this site who agrees, it would just be nice to go into a NECA thread and not read the same complaint over and over, especially when it's falling on deaf ears.

The diaper thing doesn't bother me so much - having said that I have yet to see one in-hand. Joints in areas of bare skin do have the potential to piss me right off though.

what is the complaint? Neca are making some really nice "action figures" these days..and that is what they are...action figures ;)

I feel sorry for those who get excited over a non articulated,boring statues that do NOTHING

Maybe it's an age/experience thing. I've had so many action figures in my life time, joints have always been a part of the package to me. Would I want a Rambo figure made with joints like your standard, under the clothes True Type from Hot Toys, know, the joints aren't made look nice, and it's not that there's joints, it's just how they look, or big gaps at the hip between the thigh and hip joint. When companies do as much to make joints blend into the anatomy of the piece as possible, it can look fine to me, yes I see a joint, but It's hard noticeable. Yes, Enterbay's Rambo has joints, but they were blended as best as possible and I can pose the figure any way I want instead of being stuck. Same with the NECA's, yeah it's there and all, but they hide them well enough I'm happy with how the figure looks and I get a range of posability. There are good looking and bad looking figure joints, and in my book, NECA's doing as good a job as Hot Toys or Enterbay. I'll take the "diaper" joint look all day long compared to some of the other hip joints out there like this one from Diamond.

hulk.jpg

And bottom line, people who don't like joints will never be happy with any choice, they want them gone, period, and I understand that, it's just seeing the same statement about it over and over in numerous places, it gets old.

Im just happy we will finally get a Rambo action figure.Nothing was ever made since those vintage toys,and the Mirage ones are Mini statues.

Maybe it's an age/experience thing. I've had so many action figures in my life time, joints have always been a part of the package to me. Would I want a Rambo figure made with joints like your standard, under the clothes True Type from Hot Toys, know, the joints aren't made look nice, and it's not that there's joints, it's just how they look, or big gaps at the hip between the thigh and hip joint. When companies do as much to make joints blend into the anatomy of the piece as possible, it can look fine to me, yes I see a joint, but It's hard noticeable. Yes, Enterbay's Rambo has joints, but they were blended as best as possible and I can pose the figure any way I want instead of being stuck. Same with the NECA's, yeah it's there and all, but they hide them well enough I'm happy with how the figure looks and I get a range of posability. There are good looking and bad looking figure joints, and in my book, NECA's doing as good a job as Hot Toys or Enterbay. I'll take the "diaper" joint look all day long compared to some of the other hip joints out there like this one from Diamond.

hulk.jpg

And bottom line, people who don't like joints will never be happy with any choice, they want them gone, period, and I understand that, it's just seeing the same statement about it over and over in numerous places, it gets old.

that is why they have an option to buy boring statues instead :lol

What's your problem :)medic)?

@all: Sorry guys, but I can't understand people like these ugly joints. It looks like toys for babies, i'm adult and I won't place baby toys in my shelf. Articulation is no reason to distort the figure. If this will be the future of Neca and they won't offer customs like me an alternative, I would have to leave Neca. It's sad because previously it was better.

Joints diaper NECA is problem. Baby toys shelf is have I won't. Better previously was they were. Sorry buy I won't.

What's your problem? You're either 4 years old and can't type, or you're just retarded.:lol WE GET IT, you and your other half Rider don't like joints, but what you two fail to remember is that these are $15 ACTION FIGURES!

Action Figure-An action figure is a POSABLE character figurine, made of plastic or other materials, and often based upon characters from a movie

The only joint I generally always hate is the ball-joint head. Sometimes its a necessary evil like the new Dutch figures - due to the exposed chest they couldn't put a joint down there or it would look even uglier. Fair enough. But otherwise I think the joint should be kept at the base of the neck only like the T-800s and T-1000. Same goes even moreso for high-end figures IMO and lately I haven't been getting my way on this.

Im just happy we will finally get a Rambo action figure.Nothing was ever made since those vintage toys,and the Mirage ones are Mini statues.

Indeed, plus Mirage wasn't even mass available, I've only ever tracked down one and even then, it was loose and not in the best shape. The only one I ever got in box was N2 because that was everywhere, but it's also ugly as hell and barely looks like Sly. I'm glad NECA's offering mass available figures and so far what they're doing looks great.

If this is the poncho figure, I'll get 2, one for poncho look, one for end of the movie look like the photo that's been released. It seems like the knife and sheet may work, that'd be interesting.

The only joint I generally always hate is the ball-joint head. Sometimes its a necessary evil like the new Dutch figures - due to the exposed chest they couldn't put a joint down there or it would look even uglier. Fair enough. But otherwise I think the joint should be kept at the base of the neck only like the T-800s and T-1000. Same goes even moreso for high-end figures IMO and lately I haven't been getting my way on this.

It should always be a case by case basis, and thankfully, NECA strikes me as a good judge of this. Reese has a joint at the head but it works, you reaally can't tell and the neck still has the right anatomy. T-800 has a sculpted neck.

I can't wait to see what else they have in store for Rambo. Hopefully this figure sells well so they're willing to do variants with the other series. Or hopefully this just sells well so there are other series. :lol It's going to be an expensive and awesome year for me with NECA. All of the Dutches, Marines, and Rambo.:yess:

Thankfully for me, it's just the Dutch variants, Rambo, and Hicks, I admire the other marines but I only ever cared for Hicks enough to have a figure, even at cheap NECA prices, same with Predator, if they did more than Dutch I wouldn't care.

I hope Rambo takes off, there are plenty of variants, especially with 2-4 that they could do. They don't list 4 on their site right now, sadly, but maybe it could happen. Right now I'd be happy just to see 2 and 3 as I'm a bit shocked at a lone figure release, the Predator and Terminator figures have been waves of 3.

Anything Arnold or Sly is pretty much a purchase on my part. There only being one figure in the first series has me a little concerned, especially since we saw a prototype of a planned variant. I hope they atleast do I-III, but IV would be the icing on the cake. These will complement our Enterbay Rambos nicely.:hi5:

I don't see why Rambo 4 wouldn't work, it's not like Rocky 6 where an accurrate figure would just be an old guy in boxing gear, Rambo would have weapons, and you could do 2 figures out of most of the parts, make one with his shirt and bow and arrow, and the other all battle worn, maybe even with the .50 cal gun.

I can think of these options for figures:

FIRST BLOOD
- M65 Jacket
- Survival Gear (which we're getting)

RAMBO 2
- Halo Jumper
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Tank Top
- Shirtless

RAMBO 3
- Stick Fighter
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Tank Top
- Shirtless

Rambo 4
- Snake Wrangler
- Boat Man with Bow and Quiver
- T-Shirt Combat

There are variants in there I'd be ok without, but it'd be awesome if NECA went as far with Rambo as Terminator, maybe we could even get a Trautman. Most of those variants could recycle parts from one to another just like NECA did with Termiantor so I'd think it wouldn't be too much for them, I guess it depends on selling power of the character.

If they're not making Rocky 6 figures, then they definitely won't be making Rambo 4 figures. :( Both would require new sculpts, and since Rambo has weapons and accessories(more sculpting), that would be even more costly to make than a Rocky 6 figure. They can even re-use the Rocky 3&4 body sculpts for Rambo 2&3, all they would have to do is add the scars. All of those variants you mentioned would be awesome, but as of right now I'll be happy if we even see a series 2.

I don't think skipping Rocky 6 means no Rambo 4, I don't think it's about the cost of the work, but more so, the sell-ability of the figure. Rocky 3 and 4 are the most marketable of Rocky films because of the style of the movies, Sly being jacked and the fights. Rocky 6 holds more appeal to hardcore fans that appreciate a good movie, but in the end it's an older, less fit Sly and the Rocky figures have no accessories so there's nothing to entice people to buy that.

Rambo 4, while also being older Sly and needing unique parts from the other Rambos isn't as big of a deal because you can still add weapons and battle damage and make an appealing figure set. Plus NECA's already making unique parts, at most, only the arms on the First Blood figure can be used on later figures, everything else will have to be new and unique, except Rambo 2 and 3 can recycle legs, hips and arms.

That's the thing though, Rambo 4 is an even more old and less fit Sly. It works both ways. Then again they did make four Rocky I figures and you could definitely argue that those only appeal to hardcore fans. Being that there is only one figure in the first Rambo series, I doubt we'll ever see Rambo 4 figures from NECA. One things forsure NECA seems to be way more confident in their Rocky line than Rambo. :lol

Plus NECA's already making unique parts, at most, only the arms on the First Blood figure can be used on later figures, everything else will have to be new and unique, except Rambo 2 and 3 can recycle legs, hips and arms.

Not necessarily, they can re-use the Rocky 4 torso and arms (just sculpt on scars) for Rambo 2 and 3.

May company produce action man with no joints meeting my eyes for many generations. To disgrace tiny action man with diaper no. Thank you to put diaper on young human (living) not small Rambo please.

Not necessarily, they can re-use the Rocky 4 torso and arms (just sculpt on scars) for Rambo 2 and 3.

That still means new molds which defeats the recycling part, NECA likes to recycle when it can literally use the exact same part, which is why all the T-1000s and T-800s look so alike and why they took on the Lost Predators from Predator 2 because they can reuse a lot of parts from the Predator 1 and 2 figures.

Back