NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OREGON REPORT!

Apes 3-pack: As of noon, two sets left at Janzten Beach, none at Clackamas and none at Tigard.

Endoglow Terminator: 6 at Clackamas, none at Jantzen Beach, 5 at Tigard.

Rambo Freedom Force: none at all three locations.

Pamela Voorhees: 6 at Tigard, none at Clackamas and none at Jantzen Beach.

89 Batman Keaton 6" on retro Toy Biz card ... I found hidden behind a Surfs Up Joker in Mattel DC section. Figure has good paint apps and card in nice condition. I put back behind Joker.

Well, scalpers have them on ebay for $120.00. I was uncomfortable with $75, but talked myself into it. Jumping through hoops like this always kills my interest. If I cannot manage to either order from NECA online or walk into a TRU and get one....that pretty much kills it for me. I'll be done with the series. Because I refuse to pay scalper prices. I also don't think, as a consumer, I should jump through hoops just to have the "privilege" of giving someone my hard earned money for their product. This might be a great tactic for those in their 20's-30's to whip up the "fun" of a scavenger hunting frenzy. But when you are closer to 50 than 20....its a big pain in the simian hind end. Grrrr.:monkey4:monkey4

I really don't feel like NECA is trying to make anyone jump through hoops... The line isn't doing well. They need those large retailer orders to justify production costs. When the first 2 series were only moderate successes at best, those large chains didn't show enough interest in Series 3 for it to move forward as a regular wave. That left NECA with 2 options: Cancel the line and be done with it... or try and repackage the wave to make it more enticing to a retailer as a shared exclusive.

I am very glad they went with the second option. I am seeing a TON of folks complaining about going this route... but when the other option is not getting them at all, is there really that much grounds to complain? It isn't like they are only selling them at SDCC or something. They are giving 3 options in how to buy it- At SDCC in person, at 130 Toys R Us/ Hastings locations across the nation, AND online at necaclub.com (even telling us the excat time to go on and buy it).

I give NECA MAJOR kudos for not giving up, finding a way to get these out, and giving us all multiple outlets to grab them. That is a company showing they actually care about their product and their customers.

And for anyone on the fence on these still... You should REALLY think about grabbing them. I think it is the overall strongest wave yet. Absolutely AWESOME figures. And if this venue works, Series 4 could still happen. So buy them Apes!

Sallah

I really don't feel like NECA is trying to make anyone jump through hoops... The line isn't doing well. They need those large retailer orders to justify production costs. When the first 2 series were only moderate successes at best, those large chains didn't show enough interest in Series 3 for it to move forward as a regular wave. That left NECA with 2 options: Cancel the line and be done with it... or try and repackage the wave to make it more enticing to a retailer as a shared exclusive.

I am very glad they went with the second option. I am seeing a TON of folks complaining about going this route... but when the other option is not getting them at all, is there really that much grounds to complain? It isn't like they are only selling them at SDCC or something. They are giving 3 options in how to buy it- At SDCC in person, at 130 Toys R Us/ Hastings locations across the nation, AND online at necaclub.com (even telling us the excat time to go on and buy it).

I give NECA MAJOR kudos for not giving up, finding a way to get these out, and giving us all multiple outlets to grab them. That is a company showing they actually care about their product and their customers.

And for anyone on the fence on these still... You should REALLY think about grabbing them. I think it is the overall strongest wave yet. Absolutely AWESOME figures. And if this venue works, Series 4 could still happen. So buy them Apes!

Sallah

:goodpost:

Totally agree, if this line didn't get enough support at least they released the designed figures. Maybe it will even keep the line going if these sell well, even if they are only exclusives.

Very well said, I live paycheck to paycheck like most people, but this series is part of my favorite all time movies I grew up with as a kid. I'll eat beans for a month if I have to , but no way in hell am I going to miss out on anything Neca offers us in this series. Besides if you really like this series which a person probably does if there on this site, there is plenty of updates and news about this line that should give you more than enough time to save up between releases. Any of these classic Apes figures are worth double of what retail is on them. The sculpting is second to none, and they don't break when you put them in a pose , like a lot of other manufacturers do. There actually just like a scale model that can be articulated.

Hopefully if by chance someone misses the fire sale, Neca will offer the balance of whats left over on there web site. If you buy from a scalper on Ebay , your not helping the series to possibly continue. If they sell out right away, one would think that should be a green light for series 4.

Well, the scalpers can cram it. I was able to walk into my local TRU in the middle of nowhere.... and buy my Apes:thud:. if future releases are this easily to obtain, I will support the line for a long time.:monkey3 But when I saw those scalper prices....I was immediately deflated, and feared I would have to pay out the nose or go on a quest statewide to acquire them.:gah: Delighted to see I couldn't have been more wrong. Now get busy on some humans and mutants in addition tot he tv apes, NECA,lol.:lecture

Would anybody be willing to grab a couple sets at cost for a Canadian fan who has no way of ordering these? NECA is only shipping to US addresses :( really don't want to miss out.

Well, that was easy.

Am I doing something wrong? I can't figure it out. I placed 2 items into my cart, then I select the PAYPAL option but it won't accept my user ID or Password???? I log into Paypal via eBay, no problem!!!! I got back to Neca's system and i can't enter my data. Worst experience ever, if this is the way Neca wants to go I am off board, good luck to them, this was a horrible experience for me!

Thank you PZ for looking out for fellow Ape fan, I will never want to do this again.

Thumbs down all the way on this idea of distribution. :monkey4

Last edited:
I really don't feel like NECA is trying to make anyone jump through hoops...
Sallah

Maybe that's because you seem to have all the updated information and seem to get your figures fairly easy. How about you joining us in our march to get quality items into the hands of the fans not scalpers. This way of selling a product is an Umber failure. Sorry but no love for Neca on this practice.

Glad I grabbed a set earlier tonight online. I'll be sad to see the line end, but I do like the collection we have.

Not one Ape during Preview Night.... If we don't see anything this week, I fear the line officially got the axe.

I'm not surprised that NECA isn't showing anything new from their Ape line. Randy has stated that no new Apes are being developed currently. So I see our efforts as a way to obtain all of those "potential" figures those Monkey Mondays showcased (Julius, Conquest Orangutan, Urko, TV Gorillas, Veska and possibly Galen). Its a fight to get THOSE Apes in our hands. I have no illusions that we would get anymore beyond that.

That's unless there is a significant spike in sales of this last wave to get them thinking about making new Apes again.

But that is a LONG shot.

Last edited:
Maybe that's because you seem to have all the updated information and seem to get your figures fairly easy. How about you joining us in our march to get quality items into the hands of the fans not scalpers. This way of selling a product is an Umber failure. Sorry but no love for Neca on this practice.

The set is STILL on site. How can that be any easier!?!

That is without a doubt keeping it out of the hands of scalpers. I am not sure there even is a scalper market for this line... NECA has made it pretty damn easy to get anything you want from it.

Some folks just love to look for something to complain about.

Sallah

The set is STILL on site. How can that be any easier!?!

That is without a doubt keeping it out of the hands of scalpers. I am not sure there even is a scalper market for this line... NECA has made it pretty damn easy to get anything you want from it.

Some folks just love to look for something to complain about.

Sallah

There is a scalper market, Ebay! Just look at those prices. :horror
I know they are the same figures but the the real collector set is the 3pack bundle with the nice display box that is being randomly sold at ToysRuS. Thank you Protozauis, I would never have found a set here in all of CT.

Neca should just sell this line strictly from their site, cut out the distributors that request the bundle packs, and sell where the market is hot, which is here in the U.S. I remember Randy saying that the Asian market wasn't buying this line at all. Also, the back to back Dr.Zauis might have hurt this line from the start. It would be interesting to know how many of the figures Neca makes. Even SideShow made figures from this license with edition sizes of only 500 world wide. It may also help Neca to give its fans voting polls so they can vote and show Neca which figures that they would be interested in. As a POTA fan though, I'd take them all.

I
There is a scalper market, Ebay! Just look at those prices. :horror
I know they are the same figures but the the real collector set is the 3pack bundle with the nice display box that is being randomly sold at ToysRuS. Thank you Protozauis, I would never have found a set here in all of CT.

Neca should just sell this line strictly from their site, cut out the distributors that request the bundle packs, and sell where the market is hot, which is here in the U.S. I remember Randy saying that the Asian market wasn't buying this line at all. Also, the back to back Dr.Zauis might have hurt this line from the start. It would be interesting to know how many of the figures Neca makes. Even SideShow made figures from this license with edition sizes of only 500 world wide. It may also help Neca to give its fans voting polls so they can vote and show Neca which figures that they would be interested in. As a POTA fan though, I'd take them all.

The funny thing is, Randy spends over a 1/4 of his day on Twitter talking, but won't do polls because they take up too much time. A poll would be uo to us. Lets all compile a list of characters and drop it on the Neca POtA facebook page and tag Neca in it.

Back