NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a beautiful figure, but with a movie so highly overrated, I don't have enough connection to get more than just the main character. I've waited long enough to have a decent Myers in my collection. He's all I needed.
While I agree the film is overrated I ordered Michael and have it on the way from BBTS and probably will get Laurie too. Just because who knows if we’ll get other versions of either character from NECA.

In the case of Laurie especially its rare getting a hero character from a horror film. Seems like we only ever get the killer/villain. I’d love to get other horror franchise hero characters like Nancy from the Nightmare films, Tommy from the Friday the 13th films, or Andy from the Child’s Play films.

For me, Laurie is a much a part of things as Loomis was, I have Loomis from the 2-pack, it'll be nice to have Laurie, even if it's her older incarnation.

One thing i don't like on these figures is the swivel wrist joint instead of a ball joint, makes some posing tricker.

Savage.
FB_IMG_1548366011916.jpg

A beautiful sculpt but then again, why two almost identical heads? They couldn't just do removable glasses and make it a regular figure so that we can buy it for less?

Thing of it is too, if they did one head with swappable, something would go wrong, better to just get separate portraits. Personally, I don't see myself using the glasses sculpt beyond maybe a few photos.

Well that kinda sucks. I was trying to get the knife into Michael’s hand but the gap was so tight on the hand that when I eventually was able to wedge it in place the blade broke off of the handle. It’s so small that I doubt it’ll glue back easily. Might just use a similar knife from another figure or if I pick up a second of these I’ll use that one. Still irritating.

Probably my only disappointment with Michael, it's made with a lot of fragile parts for an "action" figure. The grip hands aren't very soft and barely fit the accessories, the wrist pegs seem tight. I took a hairdryer to loosen my elbows out of the box after seeing the snapped joint on here earlier.

The hands are ridiculous. The way they’re molded there’s such little room to insert the accessories. You have to like pry the fingers from the hand but I couldn’t get mine to budge. I didn’t use heat though so maybe should have.

The hands are ridiculous. The way they’re molded there’s such little room to insert the accessories. You have to like pry the fingers from the hand but I couldn’t get mine to budge. I didn’t use heat though so maybe should have.
Always warm hands and joints up

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Always warm hands and joints up

Yeah. To be fair though this is the first NECA figure I’ve had a problem with. It seems like they just didn’t make the gap big enough to fit the accessories. That or mine was molded too tight.

Yeah. To be fair though this is the first NECA figure I’ve had a problem with. It seems like they just didn’t make the gap big enough to fit the accessories. That or mine was molded too tight.
Yeah that could be. Just from experience always warm up. Rather be safe than sorry.

If nothing else, proceed with caution, even if you don't heat immediately, the moment you run into some resistance, try some heat, or what I did for the hand and knife is when it didn't work, I set the knife aside and bent the fingers back with my hands to wide the grip long enough to pop the knife in, then they clamped back on.

Yeah, and I did actually have to loosen the fingers a bit and got it in. It was after it was in place it was sitting in there at a weird angle. I was trying to rotate it and thought the whole thing was moving, but I didn’t realize the blade was actually twisting until it was too late. I think for now I’ll just use the knife from my Jason from Friday the 13th Part 2 as it’s fairly similar.

Mike86 - contact Neca Customer Service - I saw someone on Twitter had the same issue and they sent him a replacement knife I believe. Worth a shot at least.

Actually the knife that came with the Ultimate Part 2 Jason works pretty well. I might just use that as I won’t pose that figure with it anyways. It actually seems like a sturdier piece too. It’s slightly different (the blade looks more weathered and the handle is slightly longer) but overall it works fine.

You're lucky. I've had to do that with at least a dozen of my NECA figs--started with the Starcraft Raynor. Why they never make the hands able to fit the accessories, I'll never understand.

NECA can make some quality stuff, but their QC is hall of fame terrible.

Back