NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Production shot of the soon to release Retro H2 Myers.

EYQcW7AXYAQ5Xac

Scale is tough, the 2018 Retro head is quite a bit bigger than the Ultimate 2018 head, but close to the H2 Ultimate head size. Overall figure sizes are close.

1615DCA1-FB7A-491E-8965-57AD3C70E13B.jpeg

As lovely as the sculpt looks, I think it's going to be just a tad too big for the ultimate line. Those ones always seem to be.

Scale is tough, the 2018 Retro head is quite a bit bigger than the Ultimate 2018 head, but close to the H2 Ultimate head size. Overall figure sizes are close.

View attachment 485519

That ToyArk shoot shows off what?s weird. I remember the 2018 Retro figure being weirdly close to the 7? scale (and the pictures show that one being a bit smaller), but the H2 version seems solidly in the 8? scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ToyArk shoot shows off what?s weird. I remember the 2018 Retro figure being weirdly close to the 7? scale (and the pictures show that one being a bit smaller), but the H2 version seems solidly in the 8? scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really curious to get it in hand, I'm questioning if the camera perspective in the Toyark shots is skewed, the H2 just looks so much bigger and I don't see why it would be, pretty sure the base body is the same.

Halloween-2-Clothed-Michael-Myers-014.jpg

Halloween-2-Clothed-Michael-Myers-015.jpg

The retro is definitely the superior H2 headsculpt, the retro 2018 would be too but the hair is a bit strange, so I still prefer the Ultimate head with blacked out eyes.

Guess it helps to read and not just look at pictures :lol

While I’m bummed because swap does not look possible, I am excited to test out the new body. Ankles on the body they’ve been using have always been an annoyance.

The retro H2 sculpt looks excellent, much better than the ultimate. There's something off about the mask on the ultimate, even though it has the Kirk features/likeness. I still love the ultimate though.

As for the retro cloth version, I'm intrigued. I've not bought one in a long time, I prefer the fully sculpted figures. The coveralls look decent, though I'm concerned about the lopsided attachment of the pockets on the one toyark received. I also wish they weren't so blue. I wonder if they could be dyed or stained to tone that down. The new body sounds cool. I'll have to see one in person and make up my mind then.

Neca Ben Tramer Mask / Head Repaint by scarrviper, on Flickr

Repaint on the left, stock factory paint on the right.

Finally got around to repainting one of my Tramer heads. I left the eyes alone, just stripped and repainted the mask and hair. The sculpt is really good imo, but it was really let down by the factory paint. I tried to get it closer to the prototype and the movie. Now I kinda want to find or put together a body for it.

I'll eventually try converting the extra unaltered head into an H1 Myers for fun. I still have to finish reworking my 2018 Myers sculpts though. It's been a lot of trial and error to get them looking they way I want with a lot of starting over. A lot of work for a figure that I like from a movie that I don't. After that I want to repaint my spare H2 heads.

The Tramer seems like a hybrid sculpt to me. The Kirk mask details are there, and it looks to me like they based it mostly off of Tramer, but they added a few details like the hidden glue lines under the hairpiece, probably to throw customizers a bone.

I know the sculpt doesn't have a Castle stretch, and the eye cuts are wrong, that's why I said I'm doing it for fun. We still need a proper H1 body, which we don't have unless you heavily customize either an H2 or a Roy body.

When I started painting the Tramer mask by itself I could see just how good the sculpt is and at certain angles it looks more H1, while other angles are more Tramer. My eventual plan is to try and tweak the eye cuts, sculpt a brand new hairpiece, and repaint.

I threw together a “78” Myers using the tramer sculpt, H2 body, 2018 hair and a quick repaint. Works for me until we get an official one.

Back