NECA Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Retro H2 yesterday.

While I’m not a fan of how the costume is made tattered for wear and tear and would have liked it clean like the 2018, I really like the overall figure a lot. The new body is so much better, it’s almost like a Hot Toys underneath compared to the old one, makes figures so much more enjoyable when you can really pose them.

The head sculpt is immaculate, the sculpt work is so good and all the crisp detail remains unlike the Ultimate, and the paintwork looks super nice too.

Sadly, the head is considerably larger than the Ultimate figure and looks ridiculous so no improving that figure with this head unless you do a shrunken recast somehow.

I can’t wait to add the Loomis/Laurie pack to the mix.

AED57DC0-6732-47B9-8C5F-B9255239C8C5.jpeg

For those of you who are looking for the Loomis/Laurie pack, I just ordered from a store called Nightmare Toys. Never heard of them before. But they were recommended by another Freak. Already shipped out. Good luck!

I considered using them, but cheapest shipping option is like $10 more than I’ll pay staying with BBTS, and at this point they’ll all be arriving after Halloween so I’ll just wait.

I considered using them, but cheapest shipping option is like $10 more than I?ll pay staying with BBTS, and at this point they?ll all be arriving after Halloween so I?ll just wait.

I agree. Shipping is definitely more. I?m only recommending because it?s sold out everywhere I looked. Neca usually rereleases everything, but you never know.

I found something rather interesting today while checking Target for new Neca figures. Sadly there was no new stuff, only restocks of older figures. However when I took a closer look, I discovered some upgrades and running changes.

For those interested, 2018 Myers now has printed eyes, and the weathering on the masks is printed on as well. Similar to the weathering on the ultimate H2. The eyes now look more like the eyes on the quarter scale version. The coveralls also seem less blue than before, and his hands and neck are now fleshtone paint overtop of fleshtone plastic. The "white" of the masks seem grayer than before, kinda reminds me of the repaints Deanknight did.

I had never seen any that looked like this before, so I bought one. The clerk even rang it up as being part of the toy sale, so I got him for a bargain.

The last 2018 Myers I had looked at was a few months ago at Walmart. That one had really blue coveralls that were very glossy, made it look like a bootleg. This new one has coveralls that are the same finish as the H2. None of the accessories seem to have changed, except the tombstone has a simpler paintjob. I will warn that his joints were extremely stiff, I had to use the hairdryer to get his elbows and knees moving. The hands are also still a tight fit on the wrist pegs, unlike the H2. The hands are also very very rigid plastic, you will have to soften them with a hairdryer to have any chance of getting his weapons into his hands undamaged. If I remember right, I had the same issues last year when I picked up the first release of 2018 Myers.

I'm probably going to end up repainting the masks, might be minor, or a total repaint. I've not decided. The hair seems to be glued on extra strong this time around. I will admit the one from this new batch looks better next to Laurie, the paint and plastic looks more consistent between them.

I found something rather interesting today while checking Target for new Neca figures. Sadly there was no new stuff, only restocks of older figures. However when I took a closer look, I discovered some upgrades and running changes.

For those interested, 2018 Myers now has printed eyes, and the weathering on the masks is printed on as well. Similar to the weathering on the ultimate H2. The eyes now look more like the eyes on the quarter scale version. The coveralls also seem less blue than before, and his hands and neck are now fleshtone paint overtop of fleshtone plastic. The "white" of the masks seem grayer than before, kinda reminds me of the repaints Deanknight did.

I had never seen any that looked like this before, so I bought one. The clerk even rang it up as being part of the toy sale, so I got him for a bargain.

The last 2018 Myers I had looked at was a few months ago at Walmart. That one had really blue coveralls that were very glossy, made it look like a bootleg. This new one has coveralls that are the same finish as the H2. None of the accessories seem to have changed, except the tombstone has a simpler paintjob. I will warn that his joints were extremely stiff, I had to use the hairdryer to get his elbows and knees moving. The hands are also still a tight fit on the wrist pegs, unlike the H2. The hands are also very very rigid plastic, you will have to soften them with a hairdryer to have any chance of getting his weapons into his hands undamaged. If I remember right, I had the same issues last year when I picked up the first release of 2018 Myers.

I'm probably going to end up repainting the masks, might be minor, or a total repaint. I've not decided. The hair seems to be glued on extra strong this time around. I will admit the one from this new batch looks better next to Laurie, the paint and plastic looks more consistent between them.
Could you post photos?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Here's the heads from the new one.

IMG_7245.JPG

IMG_7225.jpg

IMG_7227.jpg

In hand they look more grey than white. I'm probably going to take them apart and repaint the masks to look how I want them, but I will try to replicate the color they used here. I should also mention the masks are far more rigid than the original release. Reminds me of the H2 heads.

And here's a shot next to Laurie, I would compare him to my original from last year, but it wouldn't be fair since I modded that one quite a bit.

IMG_7268.jpg

And one last pic showing the coveralls color a bit better

IMG_7258.jpg

Great photos from both of you.

Loving that retro mask perfect no but it doesn?t have to be.

But at the end of the day the NECA H2 truly is a crappy figure bummer :gah:

Hopefully their Harry Warden will have a better production outcome.

I was sooo not into Halloween this year.

I abandoned my horror movie marathon, no decorations and my son didn?t even go out.

Neighborhood was dead.

While I normally don?t equate Star Wars with Halloween it was cool having Mando debut day before Halloween with a big monster to take down.

Oh well maybe i?ll just start my Halloween 2021 movie marathon today lol

More of the night he came home...

Attachments

• 000000 mm1 (2).jpg
    000000 mm1 (2).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 134
Thanks, and that death started a thing in the franchise of casually ignoring unnecessary death, like in 4 when the bar guys light up the guy in the bushes, they just killed and innocent person and it’s like, oh well, back to looking for Michael.

Back