NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They do seem to have refined the body a bit. The Quint is definitely an improvement over the body that was on the Captain Blake. The overall quality of both the sculpt and the cloth goods have also improved. The proportions are a little more realistic too. Compared to the figures that Mego are actually doing now, the NECA's are a lot better.

I do hope for a little less bobblehead on the next Jaws figure.

But then, I wouldn't want them to change too much mid-stream -- there has to be consistency between the three heroes (assuming Brody joins the crew).

It really doesn't look bobbleheaded out of the box. I actually find, for the most part, it looks like a smaller version of a modern 1/6 scale figure, obviously nowhere near as nice. The newer body for them goes a long way.

It really doesn't look bobbleheaded out of the box. I actually find, for the most part, it looks like a smaller version of a modern 1/6 scale figure, obviously nowhere near as nice. The newer body for them goes a long way.

I have Quint myself, and he's got a good sized noggin. I thought it was in keeping with the Mego style.

icon 3.jpg

It’s a tad large for the body, but it looks worse in photos and the package, I look at him on my shelf and he looks good.

51DF3A50-924B-4F9A-9726-6A2F3DF2FA21.jpeg

Also, from Twitter.

93D64A4F-68FC-4421-B15D-1FDD3F3FCC6A.jpeg

Having to support a line in the hopes of getting another gets a bit much. Especially when we have no clue of it's true or not. I don't begrudge NECA for producing them. Hell, no one else seems to be interested in the license.
As far as Mego style figures go I don't do figure runs like I use to but I've run into all of them at some point with the exception of Quint. Perhaps he was scaled back when Brody bailed and Scuba Hooper was what we were getting. I was tempted by Quint but they look odd. As they did back in the day of Mego.

I don't understand the logic there. If collecting toys for a decade+ has taught me anything, that's exactly what you have to do. Buy what you want to support. If people don't preorder, why would a company keep investing in that line? I'm into Storm Collectibles and got the Ax Battler Golden Axe figure and now so many people are complaining about his going price because they didn't know how deep it would go. I preordered Ax because I wanted him and to support the line and now it's one of Storm's best and most complete lines. It doesn't always work out, but it always helps.

I don't understand the logic there. If collecting toys for a decade+ has taught me anything, that's exactly what you have to do. Buy what you want to support. If people don't preorder, why would a company keep investing in that line? I'm into Storm Collectibles and got the Ax Battler Golden Axe figure and now so many people are complaining about his going price because they didn't know how deep it would go. I preordered Ax because I wanted him and to support the line and now it's one of Storm's best and most complete lines. It doesn't always work out, but it always helps.
I don't think I was clear; I did not mean another figure in a line but a new line of figures for the license .ie 1/6, 1/12, Funko, Anime, etc. I don't want to buy key chain figures in the hope of getting 1/6 figures. I'm not a fan of Mego-style figures (although I do own some).

As Hooper said "Those proportions are correct!". Robert Shaw had quite a big head anyway.

It's been a very long time since i bought a 7-8" NECA Figure, but when i saw Quint was made i had to get him. He's an amazing figure. The quality is much better than the NECA figures from 10+ years ago when i was buying, but i think because he's an 8" figure with clothing, part of a different line i guess.

well, here's some pics of Quint with my Mike Shultz Shark City Ozark 1/6 Bruce Bust.

ePaW84tYTzCsWP%8Kn+0fQ.jpg

xbVjNLV3T1eMMVPqoT80rA.jpg

INdTIZTwQkOhK95aKX8mVg.jpg

vtwHpKcjRm+%c05TGko0Mg.jpg

c0dzoKm4RRu9vAggllGfeQ.jpg

y+6E2oOtQ5Woe%8I+W5j3Q.jpg

I wonder if the scuba Hooper figure is still being produced. Also, I wonder what happened in term of the license. What did it take for Dreyfuss to sign off? Why wouldn't he sign at the beginning? What's up with the Scheider estate? I'm always curious about these type of license issues especially dealing with my favorite film.

Scuba Hooper was only a fan theory I had as a way to get the character without likeness rights, I don’t see him ever being made now.

I don't think Dreyfuss likes seeing himself. He got a massive shock when he went to see The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz, which he completed before Jaws. He thought he was terrible and it massively dented his self confidence. To see himself as a figure may have horrified him. However, I think, when he found out how well Quint had been received, and knowing that there was no love lost between him and Shaw, there was no way he was going to let the old bastard come out on top again.

Back