NECA Jaws

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E-4CGGlWEAIbYCN
E-4CGHcXsAM1EIp
E-4CGHgXEAApmgh
E-4CGHrXoAkPHBo

I'm surprised we got Hooper before Brody... but I guess they wanted to lock in quickly once they got a 'yes' from him.

Hopefully Brody will go up soon. Seems like one helps the other with sales.

One thing that concerns me with Hooper is the fact that they have no pictures of the figure without that Levi jacket... which makes me worry that the sweatshirt doesn't have sleeves. I would like to ditch the jacket just to break up the Levi blue... but I suppose it will remain an "Arrival Hooper" on my shelf.

Last edited:
Ordered! Will keep the watch cap look. At first my jaw dropped at the price (no pun intended), but then I saw it comes with 2 heads so that's fine by me.

Such irony we have Hooper now and no Brody. Hopefully the fact he got so far in the process before means they can make it happen eventually. Unless they personally upset someone I don’t imagine they would be stuck at this stage.

Well, who knew this would happen. I almost cancelled Quint myself but decided to keep him just for the giggles. I mean, these are pretty shabby little dolls... but it would be something to see all 3 characters together on the shelf in all their 8-inch glory. Hope that happens.

SO glad they started with Quint! If it was one of the others, I probably would've waited too long to go back and get them after I found out I liked Quint.

Hmmm, can't say I'm feeling that myself. I don't think the likeness is there and the clothing doesn't look anywhere near as well done as Quint's was. In the last promo pic the first head reminds me of an older Spielberg. The highlights in the beard make it look grey and I thought Dreyfuss was only in his 30's at the time. Unless I see better pics I may well say farewell and adieu to this one.

One thing that concerns me with Hooper is the fact that they have no pictures of the figure without that Levi jacket... which makes me worry that the sweatshirt doesn't have sleeves. I would like to ditch the jacket just to break up the Levi blue... but I suppose it will remain an "Arrival Hooper" on my shelf.

The sweatshirt will not have sleeves. NECA doesn't do sleeves on Retro figures with coats now. Loomis doesn't have them, Quint doesn't. It's their way of keeping the figures from looking to puffy with the real cloth outfits, so it'll be arrival Hooper or setting sail on the Orca Hooper since he has the coat on from the moment they're boarding until Brody starts his knot exercises.

The sweatshirt will not have sleeves. NECA doesn't do sleeves on Retro figures with coats now. Loomis doesn't have them, Quint doesn't. It's their way of keeping the figures from looking to puffy with the real cloth outfits, so it'll be arrival Hooper or setting sail on the Orca Hooper since he has the coat on from the moment they're boarding until Brody starts his knot exercises.

That's disappointing... but still very happy to have a licensed Hoop.

Perhaps this will bring back JAWS to merchandising. Or maybe the 3rd Parties will give them a go. Look at Mad Max all of a sudden.

Trev posted his originals for Hooper on FB and something has definitely gone wrong. I'm going to wait till this comes out before biting.

Back