Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some in hand pics of the B&W Frankie...
ng2crapt1lh71.jpg

9unp7b1vgsh71.jpg

Looking good. I guess I'll have to pick this one up, too.

Myers and Loomis are up as well. I can't believe how much prices have increased from just one year ago.

Seriously this is awesome got every one preordered. The only one I haven't seen yet is Dracula then the line will be complete.

It will be far from ‘complete’ with Dracula but he will round out the top 4. Most would still want the Creature and Bride before having a level of completeness. Then it really starts coming down to personal preferences. Invisible Man, Phantom, Frankenstein variants, lesser known monsters like the Mole People, non-monster characters, etc

Looks good but I don't know why I'm not feeling this line. Maybe because I already own all the Sideshow which I love and are all up displayed. Also the SS have wonderful bases with plaque. I still need to see in person which I have not yet seen (ie. Frankenstein). I know in the end I will make the purchase

I am a bit dazed and confused by the gaping mouth face. It seems as if Im Ho tep stepped on the ancient equivalent of a lego. Could've easily skipped that head and gave us an urn or something.

Myers and Loomis are up as well. I can't believe how much prices have increased from just one year ago.
Yeah its very difficult to justify purchasing "action figures" when they are $50 Canadian. The "like to haves" in my collection are non existent because I am not spending the $50. Many times I walk into my collectable store and walk out not even buying anything because prices are too expensive. Compare to the "Golden Years" of collecting (late 90's early 2000) when NECA was $14.99 to $22.99 for clamshells like Cult Classic, Rocky, Ghostbusters, Terminator, etc. You could walk into a store and come out buying a handful of figures knowing they were only at max $22.99 a pop!! Once NECA introduced the "ULTIMATE" line (figures in a box) they increased price by $20. Figure collecting is not fun anymore!!

I would love to have April and Casey Jones in my collection but can't justify the $50. Two "like to haves" figures for $100 just doesn't seem right. Maybe thats why I have been purchasing $20 to $25 Hammer Horror Blu rays & other boutique horror Blu ray titles packed with special features. I guess that is the price range for my collecting world.

Yeah its very difficult to justify purchasing "action figures" when they are $50 Canadian. The "like to haves" in my collection are non existent because I am not spending the $50. Many times I walk into my collectable store and walk out not even buying anything because prices are too expensive. Compare to the "Golden Years" of collecting (late 90's early 2000) when NECA was $14.99 to $22.99 for clamshells like Cult Classic, Rocky, Ghostbusters, Terminator, etc. You could walk into a store and come out buying a handful of figures knowing they were only at max $22.99 a pop!! Once NECA introduced the "ULTIMATE" line (figures in a box) they increased price by $20. Figure collecting is not fun anymore!!

I would love to have April and Casey Jones in my collection but can't justify the $50. Two "like to haves" figures for $100 just doesn't seem right. Maybe thats why I have been purchasing $20 to $25 Hammer Horror Blu rays & other boutique horror Blu ray titles packed with special features. I guess that is the price range for my collecting world.

I don't know what you're expecting, you're comparing prices from literally 20 years ago. By now you can't possibly have missed how much shipping and raw materials costs have skyrocketed in the last year+. Everyone is doing it, Hasbro Black Series figures are supposed to go up to $25 USD retail soon. NECA is smaller so the price increases are bigger for them.

I don't know what you're expecting, you're comparing prices from literally 20 years ago. By now you can't possibly have missed how much shipping and raw materials costs have skyrocketed in the last year+. Everyone is doing it, Hasbro Black Series figures are supposed to go up to $25 USD retail soon. NECA is smaller so the price increases are bigger for them.
Yes I realize material and shipping cost are part of the equation compared to years past. But there is no denying that placing a figure into a box has increased cost. I remember the first time I saw a NECA figure in a box. It was the video game "ALIEN" figure at Toys R Us. I was taken back at the $39.99 price tag as the "move version" clamshells was selling at $25 to $29 at that time. Then you started seeing releases of T-1000 in a box for $39.99.

Back