Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main concern is the rising prices. If the actual Monsters themselves cross the $40 thresh hold soon, Accessories and sets could prove even more expensive, which would turn off all but us die hards, and thus kill it before it ever got going. Not trying to be a downer, and I would support the stuff, but can't say too many others of us would.
Yeah, unfortunately prices are getting very high these days.
I remember when the ultimate figure price was 21.99$

Apparently NECA is promoting 31 days of reveals in October, so one new monster/horror related product will be shown off each day through the end of the month.
Monster-Madness__scaled_800.jpg

Maybe they've been holding back and the floodgates are opening? I think this will probably include things like Aliens, Predator, Chucky, Jason, and just about anything that can be considered scary though.

NECA on Facebook was referencing Lugosi so guessing he's the next character release from Universal
If it’s the same quality of the Karloff Monster figure, and offered in black and white … I’m all over it. I still have the old Sideshow 1/6 Bela but would love something to match the recent Boris figure. The three heads should be the smiling “Welcoming Renfield,” his “About to Bite” face and the raised eyebrow, furious expression after he smacks away Van Helsing’s mirror. 🤙🏻

Now that all the Universal Monsters films have been cleaned up for blu ray, I would totally buy color versions of these films after seeing what one fella with a coloring program can do. Granted, not all of it is perfect, but he makes Creechie and Wolfie look great. That scene in the carriage from Dracula was nice too.

Wow. I’m surprised how much I didn’t like all the Frankenstein colorization in that. I also realized I need a NECA Frederick March Jekyll and Hyde figure!!

They may be making announcements towards Halloween, but, it doesn't necessarily mean there will be a release on the day. Even if there is, it may not be what we may expect. We will see.....

Thanks, he photographs really well. I should mention this is the color version, and I convert the photos to black and white later.

I've never been a huge fan of film, but I love this figure. I would agree that he is one Neca's best.

Oh, I see,

I didn't like the skin on the colour version so I got the black and white version.
Funny, I saw the B&W sculpt this past weekend and didn’t think much of it. Hoping for NECA to release the colour variant here is Canada. Not sure if it still a Target exclusive. If I do miss it I think I will be fine as I was not too “hot” on the Karloff likeness on the main sculpt from the beginning. Even in person it did nothing for me. I think “The Bride” version monster (if NECA makes it) is a much more interesting design!!

Funny, I saw the B&W sculpt this past weekend and didn’t think much of it. Hoping for NECA to release the colour variant here is Canada. Not sure if it still a Target exclusive. If I do miss it I think I will be fine as I was not too “hot” on the Karloff likeness on the main sculpt from the beginning. Even in person it did nothing for me. I think “The Bride” version monster (if NECA makes it) is a much more interesting design!!
You can buy the color Frankenstein from NECA's ebay store. it's been up for awhile now. Why run and hunt? Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274906141907?hash=item4001aed4d3:g:SXYAAOSwq9RhEYdT

You can buy the color Frankenstein from NECA's ebay store. it's been up for awhile now. Why run and hunt? Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274906141907?hash=item4001aed4d3:g:SXYAAOSwq9RhEYdT
Appreciate your suggestion my friend!! I have a rule never to purchase NECA online. My neighborhood collectable store call’s me when items I am interested in arrive. I am fortunate to go through the 12+ they have in stock and make my selection. You will be surprised at the NECA paint variations when your looking through 12 of the same figure. Also I don’t think I will be too upset if this figure comes my way. I collected the ALIEN line and was upset that Ash was a Walmart exclusive. To this day I still don’t have him and I seem to be cool with that!! Sure I can search online but I guess I’m not too concerned anymore. Also with the $50 Canadian price tag of figures (I understand cost of materials etc. have increased), it has made it easier to pass on many “like to have” figures lately. The only “must have” in my collection of late is the “New Blood” Jason!

Appreciate your suggestion my friend!! I have a rule never to purchase NECA online. My neighborhood collectable store call’s me when items I am interested in arrive. I am fortunate to go through the 12+ they have in stock and make my selection. You will be surprised at the NECA paint variations when your looking through 12 of the same figure. Also I don’t think I will be too upset if this figure comes my way. I collected the ALIEN line and was upset that Ash was a Walmart exclusive. To this day I still don’t have him and I seem to be cool with that!! Sure I can search online but I guess I’m not too concerned anymore. Also with the $50 Canadian price tag of figures (I understand cost of materials etc. have increased), it has made it easier to pass on many “like to have” figures lately. The only “must have” in my collection of late is the “New Blood” Jason!
I think you told me that when I sent an Ash link, but I forgot,lol. I understand completely about QC.

Each to their own there I suppose. It's not wrong to express a preference either way.

The shipping to the UK is nearly as much as the figure, that's before fees, by then the shipping would be more than the figure. I got mine from a UK retailer and it was cheaper in the long run.
Yes, I suppose that would be an issue buying from a US based company. Glad you got what you wanted without it costing you *cough cough* an arm or a leg (apologies for the Frankenstein dad joke, but couldn't resist).

Back