Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BEF2EB39-9087-4E7E-A95B-F21F4B0ADB1E.jpeg
BC778227-98D8-4B90-99F5-FDF59EC24145.jpeg
DE988AC3-09CA-4A4D-9E54-62DA926660F7.jpeg
6635B1B6-378A-44D6-A829-5C1D2E6B2465.jpeg
84B4B137-372C-4425-8DE5-3A61F70B0C97.jpeg

I stopped by Target after work and lucked out and got the last B&W Ultimate Wolfman figure. The NECA "Haulathon" figures were on an end cap but not the side that faces the electronics center and I nearly overlooked it.

I finally managed to find a Color Frankenstein Monster, absolutely amazing sculpt and paint! Looks better than what Sideshow was able to do in 1:6 albeit many years ago.
Like Sideshow's six scale Universal Monsters, looking forward to collecting them all. With how good Frank and the Mummy look in color, I think I'm going with color versions entirely with the exception of the Creature, I have to own all versions of him.

It would be awesome if Neca gives Dracula both Lugosi and Villarias head options, but only if they include multiple expressions for each instead of just the two different actor options.

I really wondered about those hips too. I've still got one on pre-order, but that's the one thing that has me going back and forth more than anything else. I know 'real' human beings don't usually have 'heroic' proportions - is it possible Karloff's hips were that wide, or is it a sculptural/manufacturing oversight?
If you look at stills from the Mummy, Karloff looks that way in the movie:
Boris Karloff The Mummy 002.jpg

Boris Karloff The Mummy 004.jpg

And contrary to popular belief, Karloff wasn't undead but a living eating and drinking person... I think we can all guess as to why he looks like he's wearing a diaper while encased in bandages.

Last edited:
Finally found the color Wolf Man at Walmart today. I almost didn't see him, as he was buried on the shelf under a pile of boxes. He even rang up the old Neca ultimate price of $29.

He's an excellent figure, way better than I expected. I only have to do a few minor paint touch ups. Most of the paintjob is really clean. They even finally learned to put gloss over the printed eyes. All the swappable parts swap out without much trouble. Also, for once I didn't have to heat any of the joints with the hairdryer to get them moving. Only real downside is that he's tough to stand up with those awkward feet, his stand is essential.

Attachments

• Wolfman-1.jpg
    Wolfman-1.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 14
Not unexpected but disappointing the Invisible Man is the look from the beginning of the film and not the iconic smoking jacket with sweet shades. Oh well.

Not unexpected but disappointing the Invisible Man is the look from the beginning of the film and not the iconic smoking jacket with sweet shades. Oh well.

Yeah I mean we can't expect there'll be too many versions of these old characters. I can't believe they didn't go with that outfit.

I worry if it’s something on universal’s end. Diamond did that outfit too. Sideshow’s 7” figure was the smoking jacket and even had a cigarette in his hand if I’m remembering right. But I wonder if Universal is trying to distance themselves from tobacco use like WB is distancing themselves from guns and Marvel from alcohol.

I already have the Sideshow 7", so I'm fine with them going with this look.

I just hope that he also comes with the hat, coat and scarf.

Last edited:
Werewolf of London wore a smoking jacket. Griffin wore something more akin to a bathrobe and...striped pajama bottoms,lol. Iconic or not, how scary is it to be walking about that way,lol? I'm fine with the suited look.

9af16bab743579f93e877c95f58a4961.jpg

I think that Invisible Man looks great and it's great that they're doing them and not just focusing on Karloff, Lugosi and Chaney. It'd be nice to get some supporting players too, like Frankenstein himself and Fritz, Maleva and Claude Raines from The Wolf Man and maybe Dr Pretorius somewhere down the line. This is a great line for NECA and they should go all or not at all.

Back