NECA Alien Warrior pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to copy and paste the pics on here but it didn't work. I'm not the best with a computer and maybe I'll send some pics over to Abake and he can put them on. I'll do that and I bet he will be more than glad to do it. I'm not sure about the nailpolish but I would think it will be just fine. Heck I'm going to try that myself and it sounds like it works well.

Did you host the pics on a photo hosting site?

Photobucket is what I use and it's never given me any problems.

As for the Alien figs, I've been EXTREMELY happy with mine.
Figures like this are something I've waited my whole life to see.

McToys failed with their design, but you've captured them perfectly.

I can only hope they continue to let you sculpt these and we get all the versions of the Aliens.

So are there two different versions of this figure? Yours looks to have brown highlights and the highlights on mine are blue....

Cool pics BTW!

Yes, there's a blue and brown version. The brown one at the store I got my blue one from looked like poo, really overdone brown, so I got the blue, it looks really nice. I'll have fun taking pictures tonight :)

Here's the pics of Kyle's prototype he sent.

Enjoy!

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

I love the insider's look into his color palette!

Thanks for sharing Kyle.

Kyle, seeing the pictures of the production figure vs. your original, would you say some of the curvature to the dome was lost and became straighter on the production piece? The figure looks a lot like Hot Toys Aliens with a flatter head where the film ALIENS had more curve and it seems like your proto had more as well.

BTW, just got both my warriors and they kick a huge amount of butt!
Very very nice.

Cornerstore sent me one of each (awesome service!) and both look excellent.

I tried to copy and paste the pics on here but it didn't work. I'm not the best with a computer and maybe I'll send some pics over to Abake and he can put them on. I'll do that and I bet he will be more than glad to do it. I'm not sure about the nailpolish but I would think it will be just fine. Heck I'm going to try that myself and it sounds like it works well.

Saw the pics. They looks awesome. What paint colors did u use to highlight the shadows. Also, do you know if NECA is planning to do a larger version 18-21" once the smaller versions sell out? I have three small ones but would like to get a larger one. What are the chances of that ocming out. Have you spoken with Randy about this?:rock2:rock2:rock2:rock2

Damn!
Unpacked the blue one and his head is completely bent!
I'll try heating the whole figure up (the elbows are stuck) and see if it is salvageable. :(

I was almost going to rule that major issues were with the brown one, but here you're reporting them with the blue. I just checked the head on my blue one, no curving, proper, straight head thankfully. I'm not sure the shop I got it at would even take it back just because of a slight curve to the head, that would have sucked.

Got the elbows unstuck by applying gentle force... :D now it's only the bent head!
It does look funny, it looks as if the head were soft and the aliens was turning its face to look.

Anyway, it's really fun posing these figs. I tend to go with more "relaxed", looming poses with the Nostromo alien, but the Aliens xenos deserve to look ferocious and agile! Lots of fun with these figures!

Well, I figure at least Hicks is within possibility, I wouldn't mind the whole team, could get it all for the price of 1 or 2 Hot Toys marines :lol

Kyle, seeing the pictures of the production figure vs. your original, would you say some of the curvature to the dome was lost and became straighter on the production piece? The figure looks a lot like Hot Toys Aliens with a flatter head where the film ALIENS had more curve and it seems like your proto had more as well.

As you can see there seems to be something meesed up on some of these Aliens figures and look at the proto and you can see what I did. China at so many points make you have your fingers crossed that the figure that hit's shelves will look like what you sculpt but sometimes you see the fig and go oh crap.
HT's just kind of did their own thing on the Alien and made the whole thing up. It really doesn't look like the Aliens in the movie but I tried to get it close. Sucks that some of the heads are bent and all.

Just an update: the heating trick did allow me to straighten my Aliens's head a bit. It also allowed me to discover there was a much greater range of motion to the head than I realized! Important when you're writing a review ;)

Mr. Windrix, great job on this figure. I've already bought a second one (the blue variant), and I hardly ever do that, even for army builder figures...

One question...is the inner jaw supposed to extend out of the mouth? Mine does on one of my two--it goes in and out--but on my blue one, it appeared to have been just glued in, and popped right out. Is my other one a fluke? Should the jaw just stay glued in?

Last edited:
As you can see there seems to be something meesed up on some of these Aliens figures and look at the proto and you can see what I did. China at so many points make you have your fingers crossed that the figure that hit's shelves will look like what you sculpt but sometimes you see the fig and go oh crap.
HT's just kind of did their own thing on the Alien and made the whole thing up. It really doesn't look like the Aliens in the movie but I tried to get it close. Sucks that some of the heads are bent and all.

Thanks for the insider info, certainly makes me appreciate when the production figures are really nailed if so much can go wrong between the proto and the production piece.

Here's the pics of Kyle's prototype he sent.
Enjoy!

I love the insider's look into his color palette!

Thanks for sharing Kyle.

Oh man, I wish it looked more like that.

Doesn't look like it would have been hard to get something close to that.

Back