NECA Alien Warrior pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'll try a little more pressure, the head on mine's almost stuck not being able to be fully upright.

I love the look of NECA figures, but I have had such a ^^^^ty experience with these Alien pieces, 3 Alien warriors to get one where the joints were so stuck they broke instantly, now possibly a screwed up Aliens figure. I had 2 Wolfs a Predalien and an Alien Warrior from AVPR before these with no issue. I've never had these issues with NECA until these two Alien figures.
whenever i get any neca figure, i immediately stick it in boiling water and take it apart joint by joint and reassemble it.
it's the only way to be 100% sure they will not stick.

incidentally, my alien figure broke anyway.

It just blows my mind, I've got probably a dozen NECA figures and these 2 are the only ones to give me trouble.

I guess I'll try a little more pressure, the head on mine's almost stuck not being able to be fully upright.

I love the look of NECA figures, but I have had such a ^^^^ty experience with these Alien pieces, 3 Alien warriors to get one where the joints were so stuck they broke instantly, now possibly a screwed up Aliens figure. I had 2 Wolfs a Predalien and an Alien Warrior from AVPR before these with no issue. I've never had these issues with NECA until these two Alien figures.

I hate to hear this stuff and we have found out wanting the Alien and Aliens figures to look more slimy isn't worth it because the paint gloss is acting like glue. The AVPR Alien has sprayed on gloss but doesn't look as glossy as the other Aliens. As the sculptor of this figure I'm sorry to hear about the the problem you've had and we work hard to try and make sure crap like this doesn't happen.

I hate to hear this stuff and we have found out wanting the Alien and Aliens figures to look more slimy isn't worth it because the paint gloss is acting like glue. The AVPR Alien has sprayed on gloss but doesn't look as glossy as the other Aliens. As the sculptor of this figure I'm sorry to hear about the the problem you've had and we work hard to try and make sure crap like this doesn't happen.

Well, if it's any consolation, my frustration is more that I've always enjoyed NECA's stuff and I was a bit stunned to see the issues with the Alien figures. Thanks for sharing that the "slime" effect is the source of the sticking joint issues, clears up that NECA's quality is still there and just a particular method on these figures is a slight bump in the road.

in my case it was mostly the joints being literally painted over. so i just heated them up and peeled them apart.
it's an issue i first encountered with mcfarlane stuff. and neca stuff is basically the same manufacturing-wise. same problem, same solution.

I was going to pass on this, as I was a little disappointed by the NECA Alien (well, as disappointed as you can be when it's such a bargain), but zerogouki's shots there are so good I might not be able to resist.

Tankman, first of all, I must be critical on your figure. Let me say your figure is the Best respresentation of the aliens warrior...better than Hot toys. I am sure that your prototype is better. I am a HUGE fan of Camerons warrior aliens and have studied it in minute detail. Your figure is virtually identical (with the exception of paint and somewhat the boday, but I am sure its a cost issue for NECA more than asthetics).
Someone recommeded that I use a highend nailpolish and placed 1-2 coats on the dome head. I did it and it looks great...it give it a glossy slimy look. Tankman, do you know if nailpolish can be detrimiental to the life of the figure? I only display it and rarely touch it. Whats your take? Do you recommend any paint gloss products if not nailpolish.

Also, you had mentioned that you would post photos of your prototype Aliens Warrior. You mentioned soon but have yet to see it. Can you kindly provide us fans with a timeframe of when you will do so?

Thanks mate!
:rock:rock:rock

Brilliant pictures guys!!

These figures are amazing!! zerogouki - what type of camera do you use for you shots?

Bri :)

I'll have images tonight, since I'm used to these things breaking I just took a chance and I was able to "break" loose the neck joint so it doesn't look stupid anymore and I can actually enjoy the figure :rock

Quick question for Tankman: here's a photo of my Aliens Warrior. Is that curve at the back of the head accurate to the sculpt, or is that a production error? Maybe it got pulled out of the mold wrong?

3216864546_dd748f623e.jpg

Quick question for Tankman: here's a photo of my Aliens Warrior. Is that curve at the back of the head accurate to the sculpt, or is that a production error? Maybe it got pulled out of the mold wrong?

3216864546_dd748f623e.jpg

The figure looks great in this pic and you have it in a cool pose but the back of the head looks like they did pull it out of the mold when it was still too hot. Seeing sfuff like this drives me nuts and it looks like you have a nice piece if there was a way not to look at the back of the head. Try to heat it up and see if you can move it more straight. Get it hot move it and then run cold water over it. I have the two up right here and the head does,t bend like that. I still don't have the toy of this but I saw the test shots and the head didn't bend that way. For me I like to see these things in the store so I can looks and see if I can see any mess ups. If I get one that is messed up and I can take it back and get my money back but I know some don't have any stores near them and that sucks. It just gets to me the AVP Alien seem to not have any of this crap happen but why the Alien and the Aliens pieces seem to have trouble here and there. It sucks out loud.

Tankman, first of all, I must be critical on your figure. Let me say your figure is the Best respresentation of the aliens warrior...better than Hot toys. I am sure that your prototype is better. I am a HUGE fan of Camerons warrior aliens and have studied it in minute detail. Your figure is virtually identical (with the exception of paint and somewhat the boday, but I am sure its a cost issue for NECA more than asthetics).
Someone recommeded that I use a highend nailpolish and placed 1-2 coats on the dome head. I did it and it looks great...it give it a glossy slimy look. Tankman, do you know if nailpolish can be detrimiental to the life of the figure? I only display it and rarely touch it. Whats your take? Do you recommend any paint gloss products if not nailpolish.

Also, you had mentioned that you would post photos of your prototype Aliens Warrior. You mentioned soon but have yet to see it. Can you kindly provide us fans with a timeframe of when you will do so?

Thanks mate!
:rock:rock:rock

I tried to copy and paste the pics on here but it didn't work. I'm not the best with a computer and maybe I'll send some pics over to Abake and he can put them on. I'll do that and I bet he will be more than glad to do it. I'm not sure about the nailpolish but I would think it will be just fine. Heck I'm going to try that myself and it sounds like it works well.

The figure looks great in this pic and you have it in a cool pose but the back of the head looks like they did pull it out of the mold when it was still too hot. Seeing sfuff like this drives me nuts and it looks like you have a nice piece if there was a way not to look at the back of the head. Try to heat it up and see if you can move it more straight. Get it hot move it and then run cold water over it. I have the two up right here and the head does,t bend like that. I still don't have the toy of this but I saw the test shots and the head didn't bend that way. For me I like to see these things in the store so I can looks and see if I can see any mess ups. If I get one that is messed up and I can take it back and get my money back but I know some don't have any stores near them and that sucks. It just gets to me the AVP Alien seem to not have any of this crap happen but why the Alien and the Aliens pieces seem to have trouble here and there. It sucks out loud.
Thanks TM! I didn't think to try heating and bending, I'll give that a shot tonight.

I agree, the figure looks great other than that odd curve. Here are some more of my photos:

3216011573_c9fa46bae8.jpg

3216011463_b4a6b043b4.jpg

3216864760_bfa6ae410e.jpg

So are there two different versions of this figure? Yours looks to have brown highlights and the highlights on mine are blue....

Cool pics BTW!

Back