NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the Marines sell well, I think Neca buy more likenessrights They have worrys about the bad sells of the Prometheus line.

That's why they're not pumping out any more prometheus humans. They're selling like crap.

I presented the quote you referenced to Randy. Here's what he said: "there lies the problem. Not a big enough name or character to pay for on top of license fees. Doesn't work"

That is unbelievable to me. Surely they wouldn't have to pay him "Arnold" money?! There has to be different pricing levels for the different star powers and there must be some middle ground where all parties are happy. Right?!

If it means an extra couple bucks per figure, I know I for one would happily pay it!

Cool. Thanks. It too would probably be a no-go, the likeness rights would probably cost a lot more than they could reasonably expect to get from online collectors but what the hell.

Randy's response to me asking how much it would cost for Al's likeness and if we could do a kickstarter campaign: "no idea and not something we would endorse doing"

Well it's not a "builder" marine. NECA just posted that pic with "Which Alien figure are we working on here? Hint - it will come with a flamer". So its 1 of 2 definite things: it's Apone and they're totally pulling our chains OR its Frost. Honestly, I still think it can be either one, but we can now rule out the 'marine builder'.

I hope NECA is just throwing us off and they give us Apone. In that picture, one can also see Cpl. Dietrich who had a flame thrower as well. Pvt. Wiezbrowski also had a flamethrower. Yet, knowing how much Ricco Ross aka Frost is involved with the Alien mythology; I can see him selling his likeness for super cheap. Here is my fingers cross for Apone and eventually Drake! But I am so happy we are getting Hicks. I've been waiting years for a true Hicks figure. Hopefully NECA milks Biehn's likeness and gives us multiple versions. An acid sprayed Hicks and a Dark Horse COmics Hicks would be killer

Neca is always throwing us off. Just like Kyle Reese being a no go in the Terminator line. And how humans was a no go in the Predator line... They don't want to spoil suprises. But I have a good feeling we will all be happy at SDCC.

I wouldn't worry about likeness issues with other marines too much. If they do well with Hicks and Hudson, it's in Neca's interest to persue other notable characters. I would bet they are scoping that out on the low already, but we need to support the figures they have already to give them the incentive to continue. I can't imagine any actor (not named Sigourney Weaver) would put up too much resistance really. Especially if they see how great Neca's work has bveen lately. Could anyone turn down a little plastic version of themself? haha

I hope NECA is just throwing us off and they give us Apone. In that picture, one can also see Cpl. Dietrich who had a flame thrower as well. Pvt. Wiezbrowski also had a flamethrower. Yet, knowing how much Ricco Ross aka Frost is involved with the Alien mythology; I can see him selling his likeness for super cheap. Here is my fingers cross for Apone and eventually Drake! But I am so happy we are getting Hicks. I've been waiting years for a true Hicks figure. Hopefully NECA milks Biehn's likeness and gives us multiple versions. An acid sprayed Hicks and a Dark Horse COmics Hicks would be killer

Hell yes. Hopefully they get enough practice to nail a 2029 Reese at some point too. They are interested in that.

Just read a tweet from NECA. Someone asked "There's never going to be a Ripley from you guys is there?". Randy responded, "Probably not but never say never."

Back