NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Vasquez today. Probably the best Neca figure I've had since the Dutch figures in terms of likeness/ looks and general build quality. She makes the Hicks and Ripley figures look a bit bad by comparison though. She looks almost like a different scale and the fact that she's far better proportioned and has better paint apps makes her stand out a bit.

Still waiting on mine. They've been ''in transit with destination carrier'' for the past few days so I dunno why I don't have it yet. And another in-stock figure I ordered from the UK last wednesday still hasn't shipped. Within 3 working days of payment he states, well not this time. Frustrating. I'll give the remainder of the week before sending a friendly reminder.

Got my Vasquez today. Probably the best Neca figure I've had since the Dutch figures in terms of likeness/ looks and general build quality. She makes the Hicks and Ripley figures look a bit bad by comparison though. She looks almost like a different scale and the fact that she's far better proportioned and has better paint apps makes her stand out a bit.

Yeah that's something I've been worried about and why I think the earlier marines need to be ''re-addressed''

...what, she should be taller than Ripley? :p

bad day at work eh?

da-605x280.jpg
Physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes2

..."don't make me laugh" have you ever seen any behind the scenes about Aliens? Soldiers were the producers idea and the studio didn't want Ripley because they didn't wanted to pay Sigourney what she deserved. It was Cameron who wanted to make a story about Ripley and wrote the script for her.
According to the "Strange Shapes" blog, which seems to be one of the more in-depth sources for Aliens info on the net, the studio's outline amounted to precisely "Ripley, with soldiers" in Cameron's words. And as of the end of Aliens Ripley's character-arc is complete. The logical progression in terms of protagonists from that point onward is Hicks (as suggested in the original treatments for Alien 3), and more broadly, the Colonial Marines in general.

I guess facts don't matter to most Aliens fans huh?
Let me direct you back to my comment about glass houses.

When did Alien became about Aliens vs Marines? From toys to comics and videogames we've been bombarded by that, just because it's more toyetic and commercial.
Hardly. Most merchandising for the franchise seems to focus on the drooly critters (think of the Marine to Alien/Predator ratio of the old Movie Maniacs line). We had the Kenner toys in the early 90s, and then a series of comics and video games where the Marines, if they appear at all, are generally reduced to the third wheel on the obnoxiously loud Aliens vs Predator Harley hog. Now, of course, we've been blessed with the Colonial Marines game and the NECA figures, and possibility of a Neil Blomkamp sequel, but good grief! Has it been a long time coming...

The movies were never about that. Remember that first movie?
Remember the one after? :lol

.No soldiers! *gasp* Marines played a part in only one of them.
The movies took a very strange and not at all narratively logical turn after Aliens. Let's face it: in-universe, there's no way that the USCM, Weyland-Yutani or the Colonial Administration Authority were going to leave Acheron alone, whether or not Ripley, Hicks Newt and Bishop made it back to Earth in one piece.

Physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes2

According to the "Strange Shapes" blog, which seems to be one of the more in-depth sources for Aliens info on the net, the studio's outline amounted to precisely "Ripley, with soldiers" in Cameron's words. And as of the end of Aliens Ripley's character-arc is complete. The logical progression in terms of protagonists from that point onward is Hicks (as suggested in the original treatments for Alien 3), and more broadly, the Colonial Marines in general.

Let me direct you back to my comment about glass houses.

Hardly. Most merchandising for the franchise seems to focus on the drooly critters (think of the Marine to Alien/Predator ratio of the old Movie Maniacs line). We had the Kenner toys in the early 90s, and then a series of comics and video games where the Marines, if they appear at all, are generally reduced to the third wheel on the obnoxiously loud Aliens vs Predator Harley hog. Now, of course, we've been blessed with the Colonial Marines game and the NECA figures, and possibility of a Neil Blomkamp sequel, but good grief! Has it been a long time coming...

Remember the one after? :lol

The movies took a very strange and not at all narratively logical turn after Aliens. Let's face it: in-universe, there's no way that the USCM, Weyland-Yutani or the Colonial Administration Authority were going to leave Acheron alone, whether or not Ripley, Hicks Newt and Bishop made it back to Earth in one piece.

...so... you're basically saying: "I liked the marines in that one movie, and that defines the whole franchise from that point forward." Sorry, but still 1 out of 4 (5) movies don't make a trend :p

Now, of course, we've been blessed with the Colonial Marines game and the NECA figures, and possibility of a Neil Blomkamp sequel, but good grief! Has it been a long time coming...

Thankful for the Colonial Marines Game? Really? I mean as a big Aliens fan I still got some fun out of it, mostly out of the multiplayer mostly... But in general it was a complete disaster and a terrible game.

It had soo much potential but just ended up being another piece of media that put down the franchise.

If that game never game out we would of had a much higher chance of getting a proper Aliens game right now.

Sorry if I couldn't read the sarcasm there. But if you are serious what did you like so much about it to feel blessed that we got it?

Found Vasquez at TRU today. Very impressed overall with the quality. No stuck joints, no overly loose joints either. Clean paint apps for the most part, lots of intricate details on this one. Love articulated eyepiece, and smartgun is great, even though the connecting arm is a bit tricky to work with. She really does make the older marines we have (hicks & hudson) feel outdated.

...so... you're basically saying: "I liked the marines in that one movie, and that defines the whole franchise from that point forward." Sorry, but still 1 out of 4 (5) movies don't make a trend :p
i understand what Jester means.
he means those stupid comics stories for 3 years old kids by people who didn't even know what they were talking about and just wanted some easy money from bypassers who eat everything fashionable. chupacabra aliens, marine squads, crazy professors and so on.
it's the same as to judge predators by stupid jajuja comics. same ignoring of the movies. i know his kind. he doesn't even care that you are talking about movies. the worst case of this dementia leads to saying "books and comics were before movies".

A guy posted a picture of his Frost figure

@NECA_TOYS once again, I got my money's worth. Great job again!! Now give me Apone and ferro!!!!

Randy's response - If they say yes I'll do my part. No one can reach AL

Ferro isn't one that gets specifically asked for much but that's beside the point. Randy's reply clearly shows a desire to make the entire squad. It's all down to what deal they can make (if any) with the actors.

It's encouraging.

Ferro isn't one that gets specifically asked for much but that's beside the point. Randy's reply clearly shows a desire to make the entire squad. It's all down to what deal they can make (if any) with the actors.

It's encouraging.

I do think we'll get some more but with All Matthew's basically in seclusion from what I understand and the actors who played Crowe and Wierzbowski sadly passed who would they go for? Drake makes the most sense to me from who is left but I'd buy any they release - even Carter Burke!

I do think we'll get some more but with All Matthew's basically in seclusion from what I understand and the actors who played Crowe and Wierzbowski sadly passed who would they go for? Drake makes the most sense to me from who is left but I'd buy any they release - even Carter Burke!

We seem to have this discussion every few pages :lol

My priorities would be Drake, Gorman (BD head option?), Burke, Ops Battle versions of Ripley, Hicks and Vasquez and a Sub Level 03 battle Hudson. (Drake being the next most distinctive looking marine and the others being the longest surviving characters of the movie)

We've talked about the bomber jacket version of Ripley but come to think of it I'd prefer her from the Ops battle and the ventilation tunnel escape. Well, both versions ideally.

edit - oh according to tracking I should have Vasquez and Frost tomorrow. :yess:

We seem to have this discussion every few pages :lol

My priorities would be Drake, Gorman (BD head option?), Burke, Ops Battle versions of Ripley, Hicks and Vasquez and a Sub Level 03 battle Hudson. (Drake being the next most distinctive looking marine and the others being the longest surviving characters of the movie)

We've talked about the bomber jacket version of Ripley but come to think of it I'd prefer her from the Ops battle and the ventilation tunnel escape. Well, both versions ideally.

edit - oh according to tracking I should have Vasquez and Frost tomorrow. :yess:

Yes we do - lol.

One thing i've noticed about Vas is she constructed in a way that a final battle Vas wouldn't be that much work outside of the headsculpt going through modifications or a new sculpt entirely - which I'd prefer neca do. New hands to hold a pulse rifle and add the bandolier with holster & pistol and you'd have an awesome 2nd version of vas. The chest plate and smart gun harness can be removed as well as her belt and pouches which I'm sure neca knew exactly what they were doing so they would have the base for a final ops version. If they got her likeness and had to make a entirely new body for her they would want to get the most of it.

Congrats on getting them tomorrow, I think you'll love them both. I'm getting my 2nd and 3rd set of each tomorrow as well as the cinemachines narcissus so Im looking forward to hearing the mail truck heading down my road.

Having cancelled my BBTS order I may get another Vas and Frost on ebay at some point. Think I'll now skip the albino alien since I'm no longer getting the case. It looks OK but something that didn't end up in the movie isn't all that important to me.

It's encouraging.

It is encouraging. Its cool how he also does not outright say they will not do Ferro, which he could rightly say as she realistically is not a big player in the movie overall. More like window dressing to fill out the squad like Wierzbowski and Spunkmier.

It is encouraging. Its cool how he also does not outright say they will not do Ferro, which he could rightly say as she realistically is not a big player in the movie overall. More like window dressing to fill out the squad like Wierzbowski and Spunkmier.

She has about as much of screen time as Spunkmier does! They're all peripheral characters of the squad (in addition to Crowe, Weirzbowski) and add Dietrich in there too. For the completists yeah, but with 2 actors now passed on, that pretty much renders a full squad set impossible now. Ops battle variants of Hicks/Rip/Vaz is probably more realistic than getting the lesser peripheral characters made. And no I don't consider Apone one of them either, but with him being under the radar that's also unlikely, although one which I think we all would want in a heartbeat!

Found them at TRU before I even got my ship notice from BBTS. Couldn't walk past Vaz, so had to get her. Went and cancelled my FreshFigures order (which i have received no updates on).

Amazing figure. Just WOW. Not without minor accuracy gripes, but a dream figure for sure.

Time to chop her up and get my Ops Battle Vaz!

Back