NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, no. Kudos to tankman for speaking his mind and the truth in these ridiculously politically correct times. She's a hypocrite like a bunch of other actors who've made good paydays & established their reps with gun-wielding characters, only to demonize guns and gun ownership off-screen. I don't want to turn this into a political thread, but I couldn't resist backing tankman up in this regard.
I think it's stupid that she won't allow her figures to have guns that she used in the MOVIES.......................

But, she's not being a hypocrite from what you said. It's a movie. She was on a dark planet filled with hundreds of incredibly dangerous alien creatures who had wiped out 100-150 colonists in just a few weeks. It wasn't even her gun either, it belonged to the USCM...the military.

...this is Earth, a planet filled with 6-7 billion insane, ignorant, selfish douchey humans. Let's allow them all access to guns and see what happens.. :monkey4

I think it's stupid that she won't allow her figures to have guns that she used in the MOVIES.......................

But, she's not being a hypocrite from what you said. It's a movie. She was on a dark planet filled with hundreds of incredibly dangerous alien creatures who had wiped out 100-150 colonists in just a few weeks. It wasn't even her gun either, it belonged to the USCM...the military.

...this is Earth, a planet filled with 6-7 billion insane, ignorant, selfish douchey humans. Let's allow them all access to guns and see what happens.. :monkey4

I'm not following your argument about where she got the gun from, it seems irrelevant to my original point. Nevertheless, concerning your other statement, contrary to popular belief, increasing the availability of guns to law-abiding citizens actually decreases violent crime and creates a safer society. See Prof. John Lott Jr.'s [ame="https://www.amazon.com/More-Guns-Less-Crime-Understanding/dp/0226493660/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330438932&sr=8-1"]More Guns, Less Crime[/ame].

Kinda getting off topic here! :lol

I dont really see the obsession people have with wanting a Ripley figure. Yes she is great in the movies and a awesome character in the franchise BUT for me the stars of the movies are the Xenos. :)

I'm not following your argument about where she got the gun from, it seems irrelevant to my original point. Nevertheless, concerning your other statement, contrary to popular belief, increasing the availability of guns to law-abiding citizens actually decreases violent crime and creates a safer society. See Prof. John Lott Jr.'s More Guns, Less Crime.
I was just saying that she didn't actually own a gun in the movie, it wasn't hers..so she wouldn't be a hypocrite for saying that normal citizens shouldn't be allowed to own them.

As for the book..I'm not an expert on this stuff, so I suppose it could be true, but I find it incredibly hard to believe...

I think like most folks, they think action figure means a toy for little kids to play with (even if that means an adult owns it...)

I've heard time and time again, parents at Toys R Us saying they don't want to buy their kids anything with guns...that's just the reality of it, so I understand why some people have that mindset...not great for collectors though...oh well

I would kill (not really) for a Ripley figure from all 4 Alien movies. 100% likeness or very close to it is a must though. All the figures/statues that were made of her so far aren't even close imo. Wish she would sign the rights to her likeness to the top manufactures already. But, we all know that it will never happen :(

Forget about Ripley antigun politics, just make her with no guns and whatever accesory you like (the little girl from Aliens), sell the guns in a weapons pack.

Or just give me the marines and the androids and I'll be more than happy.

Still so many aliens to make first...:pray:

:exactly:

My main NECA wish is the Queen. If they never make a Dog I wont care as long as they do the Queen! I think they made a huge mistake this year. Instead of making another 7" Warrior and 18" Big Chap, they should concentrated on the Queen as that is something they not done yet and its something Tankman has been working on.

Did they confirm 'retooling' on it. I thought they just mentioned a new paintjob which doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. Personally I'd rather see a 22" Aliens Warrior anyway...which would be more in line with their Aliens (1986) focus this year.

Did they confirm 'retooling' on it. I thought they just mentioned a new paintjob which doesn't exactly fill me with excitement. Personally I'd rather see a 22" Aliens Warrior anyway...which would be more in line with their Aliens (1986) focus this year.
A 22 inch Winston Warrior from NECA would be insane..

I agree, it did sound like just a new paint job which is not worth buying it again!

They make some really strange choices I must admit.

I agree, it did sound like just a new paint job which is not worth buying it again!

Yeah. And how much better will a low-end paintjob get than what we have already anyway?

It should be a full or partial resculpt for even greater accuracy and with better articulation OR it should be the Aliens Warrior. A rerelease of the same thing with an incrementally improved paint app is not necessary.

Yeah. And how much better will a low-end paintjob get than what we have already anyway?

It should be a full or partial resculpt for even greater accuracy and with better articulation OR it should be the Aliens Warrior. A rerelease of the same thing with an incrementally improved paint app is not necessary.

The mouth is very annoying to me. So that needs to be fixed.
Plus mine randomly has his leg fall off as soon as I picked him up last week! Now it wont stay on even though there are no breakages.
So QC needs to be done too.

Back