NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA figures can be fragile, but in a world of rising prices, whatever they're doing has kept their price point consistent in a rising market, and despite some issues, overall, it's as good today, or better, as it was 3-5 years ago, which is amazing.

NECA figures can be fragile, but in a world of rising prices, whatever they're doing has kept their price point consistent in a rising market, and despite some issues, overall, it's as good today, or better, as it was 3-5 years ago, which is amazing.

This is just my opinion, I think Neca will always have a market in collectors, but I think it's a lot to do with them still staying consistent with the basic formula of maintaining detail and rendering of their figures. The quality of detail has always been there and will always remain in the design work. The articulation is still a WIP for them but I believe they will perfect it over time.

Overtime QC will get better

The price point has risen over the years, but it's worth it in some lines.

Doesn't surprise me, IMO Hasbro has always made toys that are kid friendly which is why the detail has always lacked before Toybiz went belly up and became part of Hasbro. Hasbro will always make figures that are made for durability and mass production , taking over the Toybiz ML line they try to add the element of detail but they can't escape the idea of mass production which has lead to reusable parts and repainted lines. :lecture

DCC is getting there, but they have a long way to go, the animated Batman lines have improved dramatically but those joints are still fragile and would say that Neca has the slight edge on them.

Getting back to the reviewer on the CRS, I noticed this guy is an avid superman collector from his YT channel, he has reviewed a lot and he seems like a fan boy, however I notice he mostly has collected statues and other types of superman memobilia so maybe he is a novice in handling Neca figures.
Still don't understand what does making it kid friendly/amount of detail have to do with this. Even old Toy Biz Marvel Legends hold up better today than a couple years old Neca figures, make no mistake, Neca and Hasbro cater to the exact same market.

You're trying too hard to not blame this one on NECA. NECA for as great as they are right now, and they are on top of the 6"/7" market, they still have ****** joints from time to time, nothing wrong with accepting that.

When Superman officially hits, I would not be surprised if we see a couple more broken joints.

Even with all the joint issues, we should be grateful. Remember what $20 will get you nowadays...

Spoiler Spoiler:

:slap yeah but I expected this when they decided on this idea, afterall, Mattel did start with Barbie

If you're referring to the overall quality, I think everyone expected it, but at $10-$15, NECA and McFarlane have set a benchmark for what a $20 figure can be and asking for that price on a Matell quality figure just seems ridiculous, it seems ok for the ones that are only on Matty's website, they're more limited, but Batman is mass produced and in stores.

If you're referring to the overall quality, I think everyone expected it, but at $10-$15, NECA and McFarlane have set a benchmark for what a $20 figure can be and asking for that price on a Matell quality figure just seems ridiculous, it seems ok for the ones that are only on Matty's website, they're more limited, but Batman is mass produced and in stores.

Now that's why Mattel puzzles me, must be by choice of lines the focus because you look at the overpriced batman figures with shoddy quality including the DCU 3.75 lines

And yet the MOTU is spot on and some of the best quality licenses that sticks to the source..same how Mattel nails the Ghostbusters in detail but I guess they don't give a rat's a## about the mass produced Batman lines

The problem with Mattel is that they are supposedly making those retail figures for adult "collectors." The Adam West line is clearly meant for an adult audince since little kids don't even know who Adam West is. Meanwhile, they keep holding on to those film rights and don't let better companies like NECA, Diamond Select, or DC Collectible make movie figures. I hate Mattel...

Ok , this is getting to be a cumbersome topic . Sorry to open a can of worms the on the subject:slap

Let's get back to what matters

Has anyone gotten any shipping updates from WB yet?

I really wish the Reeve superman came out last week. With freakin Vet's day on Weds my USPS is going to be jacked up this week. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to hunt my TRUs this week for him but I think my WB Reeve's orders will ship this week as well. I just hate that the postal will be closed on Weds delaying the process possibly.

It annoys me when we get these gov holidays messing with shipments :gah:

Again no guarantees with TRUs this week. :thud:

Ok , this is getting to be a cumbersome topic . Sorry to open a can of worms the on the subject:slap

Let's get back to what matters

Has anyone gotten any shipping updates from WB yet?

I really wish the Reeve superman came out last week. With freakin Vet's day on Weds my USPS is going to be jacked up this week. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to hunt my TRUs this week for him but I think my WB Reeve's orders will ship this week as well. I just hate that the postal will be closed on Weds delaying the process possibly.

It annoys me when we get these gov holidays messing with shipments :gah:

Again no guarantees with TRUs this week. :thud:

I got my notfication of shipping Fridaym should be here Mon or Tuesday.

I got my notfication of shipping Fridaym should be here Mon or Tuesday.

Good to know :wave

I guess if I start seeing superman on ebay this week means TRUs have got him in.

BTW, the guy that found Reeve and posted on Instagram told me there were at least five per case. So that makes the chances of finding him much better :yess:

Just have to time it right and beat the scalpers :slap

Question, anyone know if TRU may get a restock of these? I saw only the Heroclix at my TRU, and they said Reeve sold out instantly. It's not on their site either...I'm not too interested in Heath Ledger Joker or Adam West Batman.

My only issue is I find the shipping a little too much. Otherwise I'd buy Reeve off the ebay Warner Bros store.

Question, anyone know if TRU may get a restock of these? I saw only the Heroclix at my TRU, and they said Reeve sold out instantly. It's not on their site either...I'm not too interested in Heath Ledger Joker or Adam West Batman.

My only issue is I find the shipping a little too much. Otherwise I'd buy Reeve off the ebay Warner Bros store.

I'd say order it online with the WB. TRUs are unreliable in restocking these exclusives. Like I stated before, I never physically saw the 25th anniversary Keaton on the store shelves but I saw plenty of the Neca video game Batman version at the TRUs.

With the holidays approaching we might luck out and get more multiple shipments of these, but then again maybe not. I wouldn't trust TRU too much on these particular exclusives

This thread is dead:gah:

Hopefully if Reeve supes shows up this week, this thread will be alive again

The Keaton Batman hung around for a long time. Reeves hasn't fully even hit TRU yet, they're just doing a lot of pre-sales. I say after 4 months it'd be available in most TRUs that stock these and they will find their way internationally and probably overstock will go to Gohasting.

The Keaton Batman hung around for a long time. Reeves hasn't fully even hit TRU yet, they're just doing a lot of pre-sales. I say after 4 months it'd be available in most TRUs that stock these and they will find their way internationally and probably overstock will go to Gohasting.

Uh, somebody already got Reeve's at TRU and posted on Instagram.. I checked and the YT reviewer got his order from the WB store so the online orders have started to be fulfilled

I think TRUs are getting them this week, if not definitely see them before Black Friday.

I don't know about your TRUs but all my TRUs and there about 10 around my area but they all have been unreliable especially when the 25th anniversary Keaton hit.

They either got a few and sold out right away or got some in stock and never got them again.

So I'm not relying on any of my TRUs to keep these for long. Again what might change is the upcoming holiday season so possibly my TRUs could get heavy stock later on for the Christmas shopping but I'm not betting it.

On Thursday I got a shipping notification for the Adam West Batman I ordered off of eBay. It arrived in my town through UPS today, and it says it will be delivered tomorrow, though I'm hoping they throw it on a truck for delivery today. Excited!

Back