NECA 7" TDK Joker, Reeve Superman, Adam West Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to mention, there is a better guarantee to buy these exclusives online and receive it rather than drive all over to different TRUs trying to get these when there isn't any guarantees they will even have them when you arrive :slap

This is the worse part. I have two TRUs that are about 35mins away opposite way. They're really poorly stocked and they NEVER have anything. Maybe a part of it has to do with the amount of collectors around where I am. Almost 50% of the youtube toy reviewers and ebay scalpers live by me, so no doubt we're all hunting. I always go hoping to find something only to be soul crushingly defeated.

There seems no rhyme or pattern to where these show up, I'm shocked to see people still saying they just found them a day or two ago, my main local TRU had nothing Friday and was already sold out this past Monday, didn't even last the weekend.

No sign of superman where I'm at yet. My TRU finally had the display setup in the DVD section, all they had left was a few adam wests, So I picked one up.

Really impressed with this figure, and I'm not even much of a fan of the classic TV series. The likeness is spot on.

Adam West Batman - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

when you brake a figure you're been dieing to have, it really gives you a deep sick feeling, I know for sure.

Can't wait to get Mr. Reeve. I passed on the Mattel West Batman and 1/4 due to space issues but I'm so relieved they came out with the 7" West version

Love the detail and posing on him

My west had two left legs. Something to look out for if you find these. Luckily they still had the other three left this afternoon when I went back to exchange him.

I feel like because a NECA can be bought in TRU, some collctors think they're as durable as the cheap Hasbro and Mattel toys. Reality is, NECA makes nice figures, but they're collectibles and need to be handled as delicately as a Hot Toys figure, they're not made for rough play like kids toys are.

All of that is true, but Neca is known for having some delicate figures in the past.

It has only happened to me once with the first Jungle Hunter, but that figure was brittle as ****, I didn't even apply force to the elbow and it just snapped like it was made out of dry mud, figures should NOT be that fragile, I've also seen a couple of broken Jokers owned by people who know how to handle figures.

So I'm not gonna criticize that dude because Neca is known for having ****** plastic from time to time, nothing to do with having stomach hands.

All of that is true, but Neca is known for having some delicate figures in the past.

It has only happened to me once with the first Jungle Hunter, but that figure was brittle as ****, I didn't even apply force to the elbow and it just snapped like it was made out of dry mud, figures should NOT be that fragile, I've also seen a couple of broken Jokers owned by people who know how to handle figures.

So I'm not gonna criticize that dude because Neca is known for having ****** plastic from time to time, nothing to do with having stomach hands.

I never treat a Neca product like a ML or Hasbro. What we have from them lately is a revolutionary design but looking back and I might be showing my age or my collecting years on this, but Neca was never a company that was known for their articulation.

Detail was always there game because that was their norm to begin with.

I remember TRUs took a long while to carry Neca products. I was so used to only seeing Neca figures at places like Suncoast , TOWER records and Samgoody for god's sakes.

I recall Neca had four points of articulation figures that were either based on Heavymetal or Rock bands in the past or horror films, and I don't mean Nightmare on Elm Street we see now, I'm talking about PuppetMaster and Dracula toys or Iron Maiden,. Basically when Mcfarlane dropped these lines, Neca took over.

Anyway IMO Neca is still struggling with the concept of still maintaining their detail but make it more articulated. But I will say they get better and better with each new line.

What collectors have to realize that Neca joints will never be a style of ML, Hasbro, Mattel, Playmates. It's just not them.

The QC will improve, we just have to be patient. There are always ways to highly articulate these Neca joints, but you just have to work them in. You don't even have to heat them up or soften them. You just got to know how to work them in. It's not hard, just got to pay attention on how these joints are designed :lecture

^

That last bit doesn't mean jack **** if there's an air bubble on one of the joints. It will break regardless.

man-handeling new figures straight out of packaging

And this is an awful, cynical view point, especially when NECA is known for broken knees. You want to tell me I "man handled" the two Keaton Batman figures whose knees snapped on me last year?

^

That last bit doesn't mean jack **** if there's an air bubble on one of the joints. It will break regardless.

And this is an awful, cynical view point, especially when NECA is known for broken knees. You want to tell me I "man handled" the two Keaton Batman figures whose knees snapped on me last year?

I'm not referring you did anything to make them break on you. Defects will always be around. But comparing the joints of Neca products today to say the first run of Predator figures, they really have improved.

Range of articulation or number of points or articulation has nothing to do with this, it's the quality of the plastic in the joints.

Much like DCC they are higher quality than Hasbro in every department EXCEPT in the quality of the joints, say what you will about Hasbro, and you know I bag them often, but their joints are resilient as ****, that's how Neca's should be.

Neca IS known for having problems with that from time to time, it is NOT the collectors' fault.

It says something when the only single figure that I have EVER broken is a Neca one, and I move my figures with feathers.

Definitely, agreed. That last part was directed to Cardinal.

I agree with you, best thing to do is take it slow and work them in. That's what I did recently with West and Ledger (the Joker's right knee was stuck pretty bad, but I got it). But if there's a flaw in the joint like stuck paint, air bubble or misshapen from the mold, it's going to snap regardless. I always go back to my Terminator NECA figures. I handled them with care, tested every joint and years later they still crumbled apart with that awful black plastic they use. The hip joints on their 1/4 figures tend to be pretty atrocious as well.

Just got to be careful and get back ups so you can take the faulty ones back to the store. Swapping limbs with better ones helps too.

Also, comparisons with older figures are fair, there isn't a single NECA series that I haven't seen several broken joints of, from Predator, to the infamous Aliens, to Batman, lately the Joker, and now Superman, they don't seem to be slowing down.

So I will always give the benefit of the doubt to the owner when it comes to NECA breakages.

PS: NECA joints are not rocket science, they are basic and standard American articulation, you don't have to "work them" like you usually do with the superior Imports articulation, there's nothing to figure out except that you have to apply heat before moving them for the first time which you should not have to do.

Last edited:
Range of articulation or number of points or articulation has nothing to do with this, it's the quality of the plastic in the joints.

Much like DCC they are higher quality than Hasbro in every department EXCEPT in the quality of the joints, say what you will about Hasbro, and you know I bag them often, but their joints are resilient as ****, that's how Neca's should be.

Neca IS known for having problems with that from time to time, it is NOT the collectors' fault.

It says something when the only single figure that I have EVER broken is a Neca one, and I move my figures with feathers.

Doesn't surprise me, IMO Hasbro has always made toys that are kid friendly which is why the detail has always lacked before Toybiz went belly up and became part of Hasbro. Hasbro will always make figures that are made for durability and mass production , taking over the Toybiz ML line they try to add the element of detail but they can't escape the idea of mass production which has lead to reusable parts and repainted lines. :lecture

DCC is getting there, but they have a long way to go, the animated Batman lines have improved dramatically but those joints are still fragile and would say that Neca has the slight edge on them.

Getting back to the reviewer on the CRS, I noticed this guy is an avid superman collector from his YT channel, he has reviewed a lot and he seems like a fan boy, however I notice he mostly has collected statues and other types of superman memobilia so maybe he is a novice in handling Neca figures.

Back