Action Figure NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 9/8**

:rotfl Too funny guys!!! :rotfl

Well, this is the last of the in progress pics. Added the shredded netting to the his left gauntlet and wrapped it with some chord and twine.

I also wrapped some strands of rubber chord around the gauntlet as well as the elbow joint so the arm would be flexible...and it also hides the rotating joint.

No ties or chords on his right gauntlet. I don't think there was any in the pics I saw.

Other than that...a few more details to tie up and then he will be all finished. :(

IMG_1350.jpg
IMG_1352.jpg

Ok, final pics coming soon...keep your eyes peeled for the finished product. :)

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 9/7 Netting**

Very funny :rolleyes: , we all know he will give it to me :lecture. You all have too many predators already, you don't need it :) .

The photo of his legs and torso are awesome...I know this might be wierd sounding but his feet look so freaking awesome!!!

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 9/8**

:rotfl Too funny guys!!! :rotfl

Well, this is the last of the in progress pics. Added the shredded netting to the his left gauntlet and wrapped it with some chord and twine.

I also wrapped some strands of rubber chord around the gauntlet as well as the elbow joint so the arm would be flexible...and it also hides the rotating joint.

No ties or chords on his right gauntlet. I don't think there was any in the pics I saw.

Other than that...a few more details to tie up and then he will be all finished. :(

IMG_1350.jpg
IMG_1352.jpg

Ok, final pics coming soon...keep your eyes peeled for the finished product. :)
:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

This looks so good at the moment, I cant wait to see the final product. It will look fantastic next to the 1/4 scale Predator 2 NECA has in development.

Well done, this seriously looks like one of the best customs I have ever seen :clap:clap:clap

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES

Well, here is the finished product. A converted NECA 18" Predator into the Elder Greyback. It was a long, tough road to get it to where it is now, but I think it was well worth it.

I wan't to thank Joe D. for his superior paint skills bringing this to life. Also want to thank all the help I got thru Pm's and e-mails to get it to look just right.

And a big thanks to Devil 666 for photoshopping the Elder into the ships interior...thanks bud!

I really hope NECA comes thru and produces one of these for you Predator fans. I know this will be one of my own personal prized pieces in my collection.

Thanks for checkin him out guys for the past few months. :)

Al DeGregorio

Aelderinship-2.jpg

Elder1-2.jpg
Elder2-2.jpg

Elder3-2.jpg
Elder4-2.jpg

Elder5-2.jpg
Elder6-2.jpg

Elder7-2.jpg
Elder8-2.jpg

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES

excellent job

phenomenal work on this man

Superb work I will check out some netting at my local Michaels art supply.

Absolutely amazing work! You made it too awesome! Now we all must grieve for not being able to have one... you evil person!! :pfft::pfft:

:):1-1:

Even if Neca does make one of these it won't be nearly as good. The netting, the real beads, the paint, sculpt...

It's a masterpiece!

Unbelievable. You and Joe did an amazing job!

One silly question to adegregorio:

when you started this custom, did you think or believe it would end up so perfect or were you surprised with the result?

One silly question to adegregorio:

when you started this custom, did you think or believe it would end up so perfect or were you surprised with the result?

:lol Good question. No, I had no idea it would look like this when I was done. I'm still shocked! :lol

I really think it started to come together when I saw the painted pictures from Joe. Up till then, it was a mess of putty, different colored parts and missing pieces.

Honestly, theres some things I would change and some mods that could look better...but, you need a stopping point somewhere along the line. :lol

I'm stoked you guys like it....thanks so much for commenting!!!:hi5:

Back