Action Figure NECA 18" Predator conversion to "Elder Greyback" *UPDATE 9/20 **FINISHED PICTURES**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 8/30**

I can tell you right now...the netting is going to be an issue...
Have you tried one of the nylon shower "scrunchies"? That should stretch to the right size when pulled apart.
Dizzy

Have you tried one of the nylon shower "scrunchies"? That should stretch to the right size when pulled apart.
Dizzy

Those can be hard to find in black.

The best netting I've found was at Micheal's, it was the shipping bag for a bunch of glass drops, the mesh size was slightly larger and is truly square. The bag was $7 so I'm waiting for a coupon to buy it.

Man this custom elder! OMG!!! It looks so incredible. I just can't find the words! It is truly a beautiful job! I can't wait for the finished product!

Thanks for nice comments guys, mucho appreciated. He's coming along nicely. :1-1:

I'm looking into a few things for the netting. You guys have some really good ideas. I'll let you know what I come up with soon.

Trust me, I will not be putting on any netting that looks like poo-poo!! :rotfl

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 9/5**

Ok, heres a little update...

Worked on the sword and the sheath. Weathered the sword blade a bit with some transparent colors and then blotted it to get a rusty cracked look.

I also wrapped the bone handle with some twine and stained it with some Dark Walnut stain and added some little beads.

IMG_1289.jpg

For the flintlock, I didn't want to paint the gold pieces on around the handle and butt of the gun. I really wanted it to look authentic with some brass plates and fittings.

I found a couple of little brass finger rings. I cut out the pieces I wanted and glued them to the gun. I still need to weather them a bit, but you get the idea.

IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1298.jpg

And here it is in the belt loop.

IMG_1318.jpg

More updates soon...:)

Please send your Curricullum Vitae to Hot Toys, please!! :pray::pray::pray:

Awesome additions to the pistol Al!!!

Love that last pic..." yes, I'll have a bowl of predator please!" lol

Well, I found some netting over the holiday weekend. I will post pictures tommorow. :yess:

After the nets are put on, it won't be long now till it's finished.

:)

Re: NECA 18" Predator conversion to the "Elder Greyback" **UPDATE 9/7 Netting**

I knew this was going to be the most difficult parts of this custom...finding the netting. And it took a while too.

But I guess living near the beach paid off. I happend to stumble across some netting on a lighthouse in a gift shop.

I brought the Predators torso with me to see if it would work, and it looked pretty good. Its a tough cloth material. And it very sturdy.

IMG_1262-1.jpg
IMG_1263-1.jpg

I cut the parts out I need and fit them to the legs and torso. Then I tacked them to a poster board and misted them lightly with black spraypaint.

IMG_1330.jpg

Starting in the back, I glued a little piece of netting to the inside joint areas on the top and bottom. Then I work my way around till the netting meets in the back.

IMG_1332.jpg

Then I tuck all the leftover netting inside the open areas.

IMG_1333.jpg

And heres the final product. Looks pretty cool! I'm glad that parts over.

IMG_1334.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

More pics soon, and then the final assembly.

wow, the netting makes a big difference once you get it on there. now all you need to do is find some more of it that the rest of us can use.

It is getting better and better adegregorio!

Incredible stuff. Can't wait to see him all assembled again!

Do you have any spare netting that you could sell to me?
Or if possible, could you buy some more from that gift shop and sell it to me? Pleeeeeeeeeease!!
I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED that damn netting LOL!
GREAT work as usual by the way.

So, you're still giving this to me once it's finished, right?

Back