NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could fix any flaws but that's not the point. We all want 100% movie accurate Elder without any errors..

Elder looks great so far, I already have replacement netting so I don't care about that.

No. Right now he looks like old P1 with new belts.

Last edited:
I could fix any flaws but that's not the point. We all want 100% movie accurate Elder without any errors..

We can want that, but it's an unreasonable expectation at NECAs price point.

If the Elder figure was Hot Toys priced at $400-600 I would expect perfection, but for $80 NECA could ship them unpainted and unassembled and I'd be more than happy.

No. Right now he looks like old P1 with new belts.

The movie Elder was based on the P1 sculpt with belts added.

Here's the Elder I customized a while back using the NECA 1/4 original Predator.

It took ALOT of research and ALOT of work to get this to look like it does. Its not completely accurate, but its pretty close.

I hope NECA gets the detailing right on this one for you guys. It would really be a shame and dissapointment if they put out an inaccurate, mediocre Elder.

Elder4-2.jpg
Elder6-2.jpg

Elder7-2.jpg
Elder8-2.jpg

Elder9-2.jpg
Elder10-2.jpg

Elder11-2.jpg
Elder3-2.jpg

Here's the Elder I customized a while back using the NECA 1/4 original Predator.

It took ALOT of research and ALOT of work to get this to look like it does. Its not completely accurate, but its pretty close.

I hope NECA gets the detailing right on this one for you guys. It would really be a shame and dissapointment if they put out an inaccurate, mediocre Elder.

Elder4-2.jpg

Elder9-2.jpg
Elder10-2.jpg

Elder11-2.jpg
Elder3-2.jpg

tumblr_inline_mk0yn7qnvZ1qfb1ni.gif

:drool:drool:drool:drool I seriously hope NECA can produce something close to that.That is amazing work mate. I passed on the 1/4 p2 and guardian cause i have the P1 and had no need for any others except Elder who's my favorite design.

Elder4-2.jpg
Elder6-2.jpg

Elder7-2.jpg
Elder8-2.jpg

Elder9-2.jpg
Elder10-2.jpg

Elder11-2.jpg
Elder3-2.jpg

i remember you making this, inspired me to make mine, beautiful job, dont think neca will match it

Yes. But most of us are not stupid enough to expect to get one which is 20" tall for a retail of $70.

The errors and most other problems have nothing to do with the pricepoint.

Look the price of the netting that many uses for they Customs, very cheap but a way better looking than the Neca ones.

And with a mat plastic, some Predators looks better.

For the 7" lost Tribe, neca fixed the most errors, why not for the Elder ?

We can want that, but it's an unreasonable expectation at NECAs price point.

If the Elder figure was Hot Toys priced at $400-600 I would expect perfection, but for $80 NECA could ship them unpainted and unassembled and I'd be more than happy.

The movie Elder was based on the P1 sculpt with belts added.

Its not an unreasonable expection at neca price point.

On the paintjob Neca make better figures than the Predators, for example the AVP:R Wolf Predator and the Gremlins.

Neca uses for their Predators the false techniques.
Compare the Wolf and the new Predators.

Wolf have a mat plastic, the new Preds have on the 19" versions transculent plastic. I like tranculent plastic, but not on the Predators. It looks more realistic on humans.

Many repaints make a mat finish.
https://twitter.com/danlores/status/323489102064406528/photo/1

The other problems are the pattern or dots.
They are to big, sharp and glossy. Further on the Wolf the painted more precise.

And the netting is a shame. That brokes easily and looks cheap, not accurate. Other nettings they are not expensive, looks so more realistic.

The new 19" Predators costs more than the first ones, but what is better on this figures for the higher price ?

Yes, the Elder based on P1, but he looks on many details different(armor, color, bristles, hand, feet, loincloath, etc.).

For the Elder Neca had little work. It will sell very well, it would only fair if they make him accurate.

Only a few things, this in not a big work.

Its not an unreasonable expection at neca price point.

On the paintjob Neca make better figures than the Predators, for example the AVP:R Wolf Predator and the Gremlins.

Neca uses for their Predators the false techniques.
Compare the Wolf and the new Predators.

Wolf have a mat plastic, the new Preds have on the 19" versions transculent plastic. I like tranculent plastic, but not on the Predators. It looks more realistic on humans.

Many repaints make a mat finish.
https://twitter.com/danlores/status/323489102064406528/photo/1

wooww, refer to the link, it's incredible repaint :clap

Hi guys, i received my 1/4 masked city hunter two days ago... truly AWESOME ! :yess:

521909_582610631758462_1690467214_n_zpsdeacdba4.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoy that beauty! :)

The light up feature on Elder was posted here a while back, it is attached on the shoulder gun. We may noy see an upgrade on the netting anytime soon but they're definitely trying stuff to make it better little by little.

Like badvermin said I got no problems on the netting since I have a replacement as well, and I might try and repaint him too. Its always fun to tweak them without shelling out tons of cash.

:peace

I'm trying to decide between the City Hunter mask version or the unmasked version. Which one you guys think looks better?

got both and would recommend the unmasked. Awesome headsculpt!

I find that with the 1/4 scale preds I always end up admiring the unmasked ones more, even with the P1. Theres just so much more detail.

Back