NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed. I like the way it looks with the "fix".

And this version of the fix doesn't make me cringe (like some of the previous ones---DREMEL? eek!). What did you use to clean off the existing glue residue, HULK? And what type of glue did you use to re-glue the mask back together?

My masked version just arrived today and I'm SO game to do this tomorrow!

I sound like a broken record, but these figures are a dream come true. This masked version is just a hairdryer away from perfection!

I just tried it again, kept the dryer on it for a full minute and mine is bonded like a son of a _____ around the jawline and refuses to budge. :(

And this version of the fix doesn't make me cringe (like some of the previous ones---DREMEL? eek!).

Why does that make you cringe, it isn't anything on the outside. To me it was simple as counting to ten.

When I applied the heat I pulled from the top of the crown down and peeled the entire helmet off. It seems like trying to take just the bottom half off would be hard, especially since i tried it first that way.

Hmmmm

As the head is nice and hollow it would be nice to add a yellow bright LED and cut off the current visor and add a real black semi-transparent plastic so we can have some eye-flashing. When i get the courage i might be brave and have a play around

C'mon ! Do it! Do it Now!

Look at all the room in that head :) I can fit two green LEDs for the eyes, and a nice red one for the aiming laser, and not be all cramped for space to fit the battery packs, and switches hidden under the dreads!!!! Uggh, and it looks as though you can mod the front of the mask to pop in and out easily, and have it hold fast in place with magnets (and add some extra resin to the top of the nose/sinus area to close that visor gap off more). I might have to seriously try to find one of those masked versions!!!!!

I just tried to get mine to come off and it wouldn't, I even used a hair dryer to warm it up.

Not gonna force it.

Looks fairly straightforward but I wouldn't trust myself to finish the job.:D

true, seems easy but i dont want to end up with a broken predator and hating myself for breaking it, im too afraid for pulling that off...

When you consider the few developed countries that will actually get this, it's kind of a lot :lol
hahahaha :rotfl

What glue are you guys using in your fixes? superglue???

Look at all the room in that head :) I can fit two green LEDs for the eyes, and a nice red one for the aiming laser, and not be all cramped for space to fit the battery packs, and switches hidden under the dreads!!!! Uggh, and it looks as though you can mod the front of the mask to pop in and out easily, and have it hold fast in place with magnets (and add some extra resin to the top of the nose/sinus area to close that visor gap off more). I might have to seriously try to find one of those masked versions!!!!!
i was just wondering if there's gonna be any led mods. any chance you're taking commissions on those?

i was just wondering if there's gonna be any led mods. any chance you're taking commissions on those?

I POed the closed mouth, and here's my plan .......

1. Blue LED in the cannon, with push-button switch under the back of the cannon (if you haven't seen it yet, check out my custom link by my sig. I did it to HT's P1)

2. Red LED in the wrist computer. Looks to be trickier than I thought it was going to be, since NECA's doesn't open :( But it can be done

3. Sponge Bob Square Pant's insane giggle added into the head, to emit from his mouth ............ okay, so I'm lying about this one, but seriously, wouldn't that be funny?? :lol

I'd have to gauge how much work that would be before offering any commissions (cutting, fixing, modding, wiring, painting, etc., etc.). But, after I do that, then I could accept private commissions for whoever is interested, I guess. Don't see any point as to why I couldn't help a fellow freak out :hi5:

awesome. i'd be down for just the laser sights in the helmet. lemme know if you decide to do any work on it. i'm a big fan of getting commissions on here.

i'll get back to you on the spongebob laugh.

1. Blue LED in the cannon, with push-button switch under the back of the cannon (if you haven't seen it yet, check out my custom link by my sig. I did it to HT's P1)

2. Red LED in the wrist computer. Looks to be trickier than I thought it was going to be, since NECA's doesn't open :( But it can be done

3. Sponge Bob Square Pant's insane giggle added into the head, to emit from his mouth ............ okay, so I'm lying about this one, but seriously, wouldn't that be funny?? :lol

I'd have to gauge how much work that would be before offering any commissions (cutting, fixing, modding, wiring, painting, etc., etc.). But, after I do that, then I could accept private commissions for whoever is interested, I guess. Don't see any point as to why I couldn't help a fellow freak out :hi5:
Sounds like this should be the best P1 ever.
For the sound coming from the mouth...the Predator snarl and lion-like roar the creature makes would be badass.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZn6iJJqSZo&feature=related"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZn6iJJqSZo&feature=related[/ame]

No offense, but you're an idiot.

Haha! look out, it's the douchemonster, it has resurfaced from whatever cesspool it had been lurking in. :nana:

So how's about 'dem paint apps CP, they sure do SUCK just like you predicted way back when, right? (colossal sarcasm)
I love it when you post, it's always such a good time!

Anyway, on a different note, some ppl have been saying "I didn't notice this much criticism of the HT pred when it was announced" -- to answer that, you're right... It didn't get crapped on as much (probably) because there wasn't a whole lot to compare it to. I didn't bother bashing it at the time, because bashing is pointless (comparisons are fair game however, IMO) -- I just didn't place an order for it, and I certainly don't regret that choice now.

In all fairness the HT pred is cool for all the features, accessories and high quality production it boasts. The only fault I have with it is the accuracy of the likeness. I wouldn't buy it at the price it was on release day, but if it had been cheaper I probably would've bitten... it's just that for 200-250 bones I expect a better likeness.

That sounds freakin' sweet!

Count me in for an upgrade (helmet, arm computer the whole smash) if you decide to, cost is no object either. :)

Seconding this motion... I don't want to settle for adding material to the bridge of the nose, because technically, if the mask is assembled incorrectly, then the eyes are going to be too wide open as well. :dunno
True and indeed, they are too tall. The visor for each eye should be narrower.

Anyone interested in any commissions, I'll start a customs thread after I finish my P1 custom to keep any interested parties updated as to what'll be done. Plus, I have a few things I need to finish up and post on there, as well. More horror related stuff :D

here is my modifying pics, i just removed underside of mask with hairdryer, i cleaned inside part and glued again. you can see my preds original pics on page 361,
0011600x1200-6.jpg

0021600x1200-2.jpg

0041600x1200-5.jpg

0061600x1200-5.jpg

0071600x1200-7.jpg

0081600x1200-6.jpg

0091600x1200-5.jpg

0101600x1200-3.jpg

This now looks great. Wish all of them looked like this. Still nice job fixing it.

Back