NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo! Today is the day! First thing I did when I woke up was check my tracking and the Preds left Laurel MD this morning...they are close by! :yess:

The UPS guy might as well be wearing a red suit and a snowy white beard because today, as far as I'm concerned, is Christmas. :)

Congrats! Now imagine the expectation for 1/4 P2 and Elder, to go along with P1

The idiot in me is still holding off the masked version, untill I see the (paint) quality in-hand. Sculpt seems great.

My logic for gettin just the open mouth version was simple.
1. I dont really collect 1/4, hence I dont need multiple versions (a 1/6th version would've been a dream to replace the HT version, those I would've bought all three).
2. I own HT P2 Elder which is a very accurate representation of the closed mouth look.
3. I own HT P1, but due to the horribly disfigured facesculpt, I display it mask on.
4. I've never been able to justify myself buying a Sideshow 1/4 scale maguette (this all would be pointless if I only had bought that one).

Hence the only one I really need must be an accurate representation of the open mouth version... right???

Unfortunately... no. Cause now the NECA masked version has also started to tickle my intrest. It just seem, in many ways, much more accurate than HT. And I was one to criticize the HT sculpt from the start.
What to do? That's the (rhetorical) question...

Sadly, I have no room for this mother ____er now so he is staying in his box. Hopefully I will be able to clear some room for him this weekend; he is too awesome!
qxqicw.jpg

Man, folks do love to argue around here don't they?!

I don't understand this need to always pit things against each other as though there should be a winner.
If had money to burn I would have both Hot Toys and NECA Predators. I would prefer my Hot Toys but I would still love the NECA version too.

amazing pics of these so far. so far i think i prefer the masked or closed mouth versions. i have all three on order from bbts. can't wait to see them in person.

I'm not bashing HT P1 (I own one. It is still a great figure) but I think it is now outdated compared to Neca.

I gotta disagree just from a flexibility aspect. With Hot Toys you get helmet on or off and mandibles open or closed. Not to mention all the poses and you get the read laser lights with Hot Toys.

:blissy

I gotta disagree just from a flexibility aspect. With Hot Toys you get helmet on or off and mandibles open or closed. Not to mention all the poses and you get the read laser lights with Hot Toys.

:blissy

Just to be clear, they aren't laser lights, but simply an LED.

A badass figure nevertheless.

Last edited:
I got a question maybe someone can help me with. I have a masked Pred pre-ordered over at TRU and well some how I had a mishap with my credit card a few days ago where someone in Germany thought it would be nice if they bought something for themselves (only spent $17) I called my card company and well the card was froze and canceled. There sending me a new card but I went to look up my pre-order and cant seem to find any info on updating my card information so they can bill me when it ships. I havent recieved my card but dont want to lose out on my pre-order. Any info on this from anyone.

I got a question maybe someone can help me with. I have a masked Pred pre-ordered over at TRU and well some how I had a mishap with my credit card a few days ago where someone in Germany thought it would be nice if they bought something for themselves (only spent $17) I called my card company and well the card was froze and canceled. There sending me a new card but I went to look up my pre-order and cant seem to find any info on updating my card information so they can bill me when it ships. I havent recieved my card but dont want to lose out on my pre-order. Any info on this from anyone.

you need to call toysrus, and explain what happen, then give them your new card # when you get it.

Updated and re-painted my Predator figures (both open mouth and closed mouth).

DSCN1382.jpg

[
I made the Predator looks darker, it's just my personal opinion the light color on the figure made it look toy-like, even though in the movie he is pretty light. But I just like the darker shade to my figures that in my opinion looks more menacing.
I also applied gloss coat and high gloss coat on the mouth to achieve that wet look.

Can you share some of your painting tips? Which paints etc?

I'm just waiting for SilentSurfer to show us his custom paint job. Pretty confident he's going to knock it way out of bounds.

:D

Back