NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Glad to hear the Elder is coming along great. Yeah, a P2 and the whole clan would be amazing. Plus, after the P2 is sculpted, it would just be parts re-use except for the heads. And I would buy at least 2 of every single one of 'em!

After how amazing the P1 figure came out, a P2 figure with his sleek armor and gear is gonna blow minds...

How funny and you like spending 169 bucks on a figure that looks like a toy and not the real deal? 80 buck? 160 bucks and so skinny and how about the paint on the open mouth? I own the HT and really like it a lot. This new Pred will look like Kevin Peter Halls Predator and really big with a nice paint job. Spending 169 bucks will make a person trick himself to thinking he has the best thing going. Lets see how it turns out. Super expensive is that a joke or what? How much do you want to bet when your buddy comes over and sees the HT standing next to the Bigger better sculpted and yes better painted Predator he'll say how much did you pay? Wow 80 bucks? Not bad at all and then how much for this smaller toy like Predator? Now that would be funny I bet. Not to rip the HT Predator but come on do you really think the sculpt is great? Even the Paint isn't as good as the 169 bucks in my opinion. I do think it's cool though and as a Predator fan and glad I got it. Lets see how our figure will turn out.

You sir are 100 times (or 1000 times, insert whatever makes sense to you) more talented then me and many of us here who do not do any kind of paint, sculpt, customizing of figures, etc. But what you just said is without a doubt ripping on the HT Predator, and at the same time, whether you realize or not, throwing a virtual dump on ppl who paid after market prices (169 is nothing compared to what a lot of us "late arrivers" paid) on the pred 1. :mad:

I'm really hoping they make these so the packaging doesn't need to be destroyed to open them. I've only bought one Neca figure, and seen several others in the comic shop, and they've been the tough plastic sealed around the edges type. This is certainly one area where Hot Toys has been more friendly to the collector that wants to display without reducing the collecting value of the item.

Tankman, could you talk to NECA about actually having 1/6 or 1/4 scale Predators as a collectible line? As in, produce them in series, kinda like you're doing with your 7 inch figs?

I think your sculpts really excell in terms of Monsters, because they don't need realistic clothing and such, so have potential to beat HT. All that's left now is an entire series of this stuff.

Recently, after acquiring some HT figs, I found myself deterred by the smaller scale of NECA's figs.
I'd wish for you all to start making lines of classic monsters, in large scale.

One of the things i find turn me off about your larger figs is that they're individual, and do not excel in their collectibility. I do think that the larger figs have much potential tho, considering their price and sculpt.

I m one of those like u who spent way higher than $169.
Actually HT p1 is quite big if you put him side by side with 1/6 humans figure like Billy sole, Royce etc.
I think the up coming neca p1 also look great but bigger n cheaper. But he will be very lonely in my collection.
Talking about skinny, I think neca's berserkers are way too skinny proportionally, he's the thinnest among the other predators in the series so far. If neca plan to release him in 1/4, pls fix it.

I would like to see some more photos of the final product before I get too carried away, but it's pretty cool news. The figure should come with 3 heads, though. Just so we can choose the version we like without having to buy all 3 of them.:thud:

Dumping on the HT P1 and the people that bought isn't cool. I have no regrets about owning the P1 at all.

Last edited:

I know but figures of often differ from the protos so I just wanted to be sure. Can't wait for this!

Well, it has been confirmed by tankman, Randy and he poster/picture so I hope it will actually have real netting. You have a good point man. Damn, now Im a little worried. :lol

I hope Neca can show us some in-hands video or pics, how this big fellow's proto can do in poses.

Yes the straps will be there. The Elder is missing his gun laser and the leather band stuff on his arms but still a must have for Predator fans. I'm looking at the test shot now and it's an easier pant job to make look nice on this guy. The skulls on the 8 inch closed mouth P1 look very nice and give the figure a lot of punch. We just need P2 now and his clan. Talk about Predator overkill but I love it anyway.

thank God, and thank you tankman (predator king)
this will be the ultimate predator 1 for me.

As far as the HT figure goes I'd say to the fans just get both even though this figure will stamp the poor skinny HT into a Predator grave and only cost 75 bucks.
So is there a chance for 1/6 scale version?
Pre-ordered all 3 versions of this giant, but will be glad to pre-order 3 more in 1/6 ;)

WTF IS THIS???:

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-001_1282562358.jpg

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-002_1282562358.jpg

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-003_1282562358.jpg

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-004_1282562358.jpg

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-005_1282562358.jpg

NECA-Predator-2-Elder-Pedator-006_1282562358.jpg

Video of the Elder + P1 NECA 1/4th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIgmQcERUk

Last edited:

I can understand why people don't appreciate the comments regarding how much better looking this NECA predator will be over the HT's uber expensive offering, but I think that's kinda "tough _____". When one product costs more than double it's competitors price, people are going to start making comparisons...it's just the way things go.
In all fairness this big figure -IS- going to be far more accurate and true to what we've seen on the silverscreen. I'm guessing the only real advantage the HT's predator will have is articulation and possibly the quality of paint-apps, but even the paint apps on the already released HT P1 are nothing special in my eyes.
I literally can't think of a single reason why I'd want to own the HT's rather than this NECA figure, aside from perhaps being able to pose it in a crouching position or something like that (where the articulation would be important)...but even then, the HT's figure is so bad looking in the joints-department that it wouldn't even be worth it to have them, they really spoil it. Remove the mask from the HT's version and the face is so poorly done that it really makes the whole comparison laughable.
I'm sorry if that annoys people who own the HT version, but it's pretty clear really, which one of these two figures looks more accurate to the screen character.
One final note, I am not a NECA purist, I have a couple of HT figs, and I love them...but not everything they do is perfect... I own the newest T-800 and I ADORE it, and I have Kane from ALIEN, who is also an amazing figure, but I don't have a Big Chap to go with him because HT's version just doesn't look enough like the screen character -- same problem with their P1.
Just my opinion/two cents.
Can't wait to see production pics of this one, great work Tankman.

Back