NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to like the paint. The only real gripe I have with this figure is the netting. And I can live with it. It ticks me off that NECA has netting on the picture for their 7" figures and then we get a sculpted/painted mess but for the 1/4 scale one I'm o.k. If you want a high end 1/4 figure wait for the Hot Toys versions. But I'm pretty sure you could buy 6 neca preds for the price of 1 hot toys. We'll have to wait and see what price hot toys gives theirs I guess.

And now that I'm thinking about it I hope TA will part out a 1/4 ht figure so I can buy all the netting.

I happen to like the paint. The only real gripe I have with this figure is the netting. And I can live with it. It ticks me off that NECA has netting on the picture for their 7" figures and then we get a sculpted/painted mess but for the 1/4 scale one I'm o.k. If you want a high end 1/4 figure wait for the Hot Toys versions. But I'm pretty sure you could buy 6 neca preds for the price of 1 hot toys. We'll have to wait and see what price hot toys gives theirs I guess.

And now that I'm thinking about it I hope TA will part out a 1/4 ht figure so I can buy all the netting.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:clap

The same exact thought came into my mind as I began reading your comment!

I think the paintjob is great. Its only when I see a custom paintjob here that I even notice it could be better.

Overall I think the paint job is great too. The paint that was done by airbrush is actually quite good. Its the "detail" parts(the spotting to be exact) that is sloppy. But you really cant complain for £70.
Im just pointing out what I think are its "weak" points.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If 20th Century Fox was a country the Brothers Strouss would have been hanged for treason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If 20th Century Fox was a country the Brothers Strouss would have been hanged for treason.

Both are too blame. Fox should have had more respect for the franchises. Instead they hired two clowns who directed music videos.

What fans wanted was a $100million+ AVP film set in space with marines anyway so they were facing a losing battle when they set it in Antarctica and then Gunnison.:lol

AvP:R was your favourite film back in the day. I think your in denial about your love for Mr. Wolf.:date

Nope. I thought I liked it. After watching it more then once, its clear its total ____.

So is The Wolf. Skinny. Yellow crap. ADI failed at making Predators.

The Wolf was created by Predator fanboys with no sense of logic.

____ AVP:RECT_UM.

Personally I thought “Wolf” brought back the physical essence of the Predator that was completely lost in AVP. I was disappointed with both AVP movies in the theatre. However the replay value of AVP is much better than AVPR.
The lighting in AVPR makes it so hard to watch.

So is The Wolf. Skinny. Yellow crap. ADI failed at making Predators. ____ AVP:RECT_UM.

Slimmer yes but not crap.
1251.jpg

the Only real problem with Alien Vs Predator: Requiem
was the lighting and the really stupid close ups, seriously not even the cheesy Dawson's Creek plot with the kids or the stupid Sheriff was As bad if the predator and Alien fights had good lighting,
and no close ups,

I think a lot of people would have been fine with APV:R if you could see the predator and the aliens better, that's what ruins the movie for me anyways, the fact that all that work on the Predator Suit and the aliens and Predalien went straight to the toilet from the stupid close ups and darkness, I don't know what were they Thinking, WTF? seriously, even now I still get mad when I really think about it, they had a chance to make good enough movie and they couldn't even do that
I really hope the Strausse Brothers never get any work again

the Only real problem with Alien Vs Predator: Requiem
was the lighting and the really stupid close ups, seriously not even the cheesy Dawson's Creek plot with the kids or the stupid Sheriff was As bad if the predator and Alien fights had good lighting,
and no close ups,

I think a lot of people would have been fine with APV:R if you could see the predator and the aliens better, that's what ruins the movie for me anyways, the fact that all that work on the Predator Suit and the aliens and Predalien went straight to the toilet from the stupid close ups and darkness, I don't know what were they Thinking, WTF? seriously, even now I still get mad when I really think about it, they had a chance to make good enough movie and they couldn't even do that
I really hope the Strausse Brothers never get any work again

The thought of keeping them in the shadows to preserve the mystery is ridiculous at this point. At the time the Predator and Aliens have been the stars of 7 previous studio films, at least one high quality fan film, more video games, comic books, toys and statuary then can be counted. The F'n mystery is gone. Light them like the stars of the film they are. I thought I was having eye problems the first time I saw that film.

Back