NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the feet, they need to be angled out to look more natural.

This and (at least in this viewer's opinion) the iconic stance wasn't as wide, his arms were higher, and head was tilted higher. I know it was a progression stance in that there were stages to get to what's emblazed in my brain, but how you have him isn't it.

This and (at least in this viewer's opinion) the iconic stance wasn't as wide, his arms were higher, and head was tilted higher. I know it was a progression stance in that there were stages to get to what's emblazed in my brain, but how you have him isn't it.

I used the actual film to pose him that way and with this figures limited posing options it's as close as I could get as far as how his body is positioned.

The only liberty I took was to angle his head down because he's on the highest shelf and his head looked odd when looking up at an extreme angle as he does in the film, you couldn't appreciate the sculpt with him looking up and you also couldn't see his eyes.

EDIT: I'm gonna do some more repositioning and post a new pic.

Last edited:
Hello, private collectors. I'm new to these forums and I love collecting Predators! I'm wondering as to which 18 inch version seems to be the most appealing to everyone since I don't want to order the 3 different versions. 1 is just enough for me :D

The closed mouth is my personal favourite.

Same here. I've had all 3 versions in my possession and the closed mouth is the one I kept. With the Masked version, you're really missing out on an awesome face sculpt and the open mouth looks silly unless you have him posed in some sort of attack mode. Any other pose and it just doesn't work. Depending on pose, you can achieve different emotions with the closed mouth.

Okay, feet are fixed, legs are closed a little more, arms are raised a little higher and his head is tilted up...

P1080111.jpg

P1080110.jpg

P1080113.jpg

P1080112.jpg

P1080114.jpg

P1080115.jpg

Again I used the movie as reference and am as close as I can get with it I think.

p111.jpg

Have you boys seen this photo? Anyone want to do a comparison shot between this and the masked version? :naughty

DSC02159.jpg

It just doesn't match up with the KPH suit proportions. His body is too long and the heads too small.

The mask is the wrong shape size an dimension. The features are off when compared with the original.

The blade gauntlet is incorrect with made up details. Same deal with the wrist computer and the rest of the armor.

Basically, it's totally inaccurate as almost everything is Tankmans artistic interpretation.

But, it still looks fairly good, even though it's inaccurate and totally out of proportion.

Where are all the people gloating about how it is the one and ONLY Predator figure now.

The hypocrites in this thread pulling Hot Toys to pieces have gone totally silent about the accuracy of this statuette. :nana: :lol

Yes we are. :slap

Just take a look at the details.... the mask shape, armor shape, etc.

Body/head size dimensions.

It's obvious and it's shameful.

Nothing critical to say at all, huh. That's suspicious coming from the forums resident critique king.

Tankman deserves a punch in the face after dumping all the buckets he did on Hot Toys for 'inaccuracy.

Some others in this thread do, too. :mad:

Reaktwon is going to post more original photos soon, too (masked and unmasked).

Nothing critical to say at all, huh. That's suspicious coming from the forums resident critique king.

Tankman deserves a punch in the face after dumping all the buckets he did on Hot Toys for 'inaccuracy.

"Resident critique king"? Frankly I find you calling me that pretty laughable. Have you seen any of my posts in the HT Classic Predator thread? Or like your champion Reaktwon do you choose to only see the odd 'critical' post I make. It says more about you than it does me to be quite honest.

What happened with you Butters by the way? Just recently you and I had a civil and good exchange about the prospect of Hot Toys Star Wars. Now you're laying into me every chance you get just because I called your dear Hex on some trolling? I had no problem with you, not till now at least.

Last edited:
That's not true at all.

It's just because I dared to speak the truth about NECA's Predator.

They are still good figures, but not all that accurate.

It's a fact.

It just doesn't match up with the KPH suit proportions. His body is too long and the heads too small.

The mask is the wrong shape size an dimension. The features are off when compared with the original.

The blade gauntlet is incorrect with made up details. Same deal with the wrist computer and the rest of the armor.

Basically, it's totally inaccurate as almost everything is Tankmans artistic interpretation.

But, it still looks fairly good, even though it's inaccurate and totally out of proportion.

Where are all the people gloating about how it is the one and ONLY Predator figure now.

The hypocrites in this thread pulling Hot Toys to pieces have gone totally silent about the accuracy of this statuette. :nana: :lol

Butters, i DO NOT agree with you as you are bashing the finest P1 figure ever made.

You are comparing a stiff as a board action figure with an unflattering pose to a human being possessing normal human posture wearing a life-like alien suit. It seems you have completley discounted the posture and angle(s) of the photos when your made your assumption regarding proportions and size of certain areas of the figure vs the real thing.

I'm not totally disagreeing. I'm sick of all the comparison $h!t. I wish we could all just buy them and enjoy them all. The HT and NECA are completely different scales, theres just no need to compare. A great 1/4 scale figure is useless to someone who doesn't collect 1/4 just as a great 1/6 figure is useless to someone who only collects 1/4. On the other hand if you collect both scales and you're a Predator nut - buy them all dammit.

I can't even get my figure to bend it's arm in the same way as the suit Reaktwon posted.

The gauntlet just doesn't allow for it, but when you merge the two images it becomes instantly apparent that the NECA predator only bares a superficial resemblance to the suit.

It's Tankman's artistic interpretation, but it's still not accurate on so many different levels.

I'm not totally disagreeing. I'm sick of all the comparison $h!t. I wish we could all just buy them and enjoy them all. The HT and NECA are completely different scales, theres just no need to compare. A great 1/4 scale figure is useless to someone who doesn't collect 1/4 just as a great 1/6 figure is usless to someone who only collects 1/4.

Tankman was the one attacking Hot Toys about accuracy and it's now a fact that his sculpt isn't much better.

He did it so many times people stopped responding to him. I lost respect for him after reading his posts about HT.

It's his artistic interpretation. it's not accurate at all when you look at everything combined.

I'm not saying that to be nasty, it's just the truth.

Good, yes.

Accurate, no.

And it will become even more apparent when additional photos of the original suit get posted.

The HT bashing p!$$ed me off too, there was a lot of it. Just, if theres been no recent cases of it, no need to bring it up again which was what I found peculiar about Hex's posts that time. She just kinda brought it up out of the blue when the general feeling about the HT Classic Predator was very positive overall - including from me by the way. Please don't automatically buy into what a couple of people are telling you in pms just because they're your most prominent thread contributors.

Last edited:
Back