NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you tell me please the materials I need?

Also, I will be very happy if someone post some pics of how to do it.

Thanks anyways.

Basically what Bakurenoh said.

I used -

Boiling hot water
Jug
Small flat head screwdriver
Xacto knife
Superglue

I will make a detailed step by step tutorial with pictures in the morning so check back later.

I have ordered one of these.
I did not mind which one I get as there all great and could not decide.
So I have ordered from play.com as there £55 delivered but you don't get to choose which one you get.

So I have ordered from play.com as there £55 delivered but you don't get to choose which one you get.

Congrats for the purchase! :hi5:

Yeah, I did some shaving. Only to the mask though. I havent shaved anything off the head yet like some people have done.
I will post the step by step tutorial tomorrow for definite...been a bit busy lately.
Heres the gap on mine now -

SAM_1046.jpg

Still too much of a gap for me there :( Is it really hard to actually shave the mask to the point of having the gap completely removed?

You will be happy when you get yours.Details are amazing!

Still too much of a gap for me there :( Is it really hard to actually shave the mask to the point of having the gap completely removed?

The reason why there is still a bit of a gap is because I havent glued it down yet. When I press it down, the gap is smaller and exactly where I want it to be.
But yeah, you can shave off as much as you want and acheive no gap at all if you want.
But ideally you want a tiny bit of a gap.

£55 delivered? WOW! You wont be dissapointed.
They are all equally as impressive IMO.

I'm not still 100% sure about how to fix my Bio...

I have all the instruments but I'm new into modding figures.

I doesn't look that easy. I check the video but it looks hard to try.

I'm not still 100% sure about how to fix my Bio...

I have all the instruments but I'm new into modding figures.

I doesn't look that easy. I check the video but it looks hard to try.

I will be making a picture tutorial in a few minutes so maybe wait for that.
What looks so hard to do?

And by the way, Im kind of new to modding figures, too.
Theres a 1st time for everything. This mod was the 1st time Ive had to do anything like it...as Im sure it was for everyone else who has done this mod. Youre not alone.

OK Heres the tutorial -
If you need any further help, just ask.

STEP 1] - Remove the head from the body.
002-12.jpg

Just pull the head with slow constant force while at the same time twisting it in different directions until it pops off.

STEP 2] - Put the head in a jug of boiling kettle water for 4 minutes.
003-11.jpg

Make sure that the head is completely covered in the water.
I left his dreads poking out of the water so that I could pick him up by them and avoid burning my hands.

STEP 3] - Remove the mask from the head.
004-10.jpg

Start at the top/back of the mask and just slowly pull it off from the head.
If it feels like its too hard to pull off, use a small flathead screwdriver to pry a small opening to the top/back of the mask and place it in the boiling water again for 2-4 minutes.
Then try to slowly pull it off again.
And by the way, dont worry if it looks like youre bending it out of shape - it will turn back to its original shape like magic!

STEP 4] - Seperating the mask into 2 pieces.
005C.jpg

Just slowly bend the mask with your hands/fingers until it seperates into 2 pieces.
Before doing this step, I recommend boiling the mask for another 4 minutes in the jug of kettle water.

STEP 5] - Shaving the 2 mask pieces(top piece and bottom piece).
006C.jpg

Use a sharp knife like an Xacto knife and make sure you are using a brand new blade.
I also recommend boiling the mask pieces just before you attempt to cut them.
The bottom piece is easy to do - just shave it all the way down to the natural ridge area(shown in the above pic)

I cant really explain how much to shave off the top piece.
Just use trial and error and you'll be fine - shave off a little, check to see how it looks, then continue on shaving more off until youre happy with the size of the gap.

Pics of the top piece after shaving -

007-4.jpg

008-2.jpg

STEP 6] - Gluing the mask back onto the head.
009-1.jpg

First, I glued the bottom piece to the head.
Make sure you fit it into the original grooves of the head for its perfect fit.

You will now have this -
010-1.jpg

Then glue the top piece onto the head.
But this time you have 2 options -

Option 1] - Glue the top piece back on, avoiding the original groove lines.
This is quick and easy to do but it wont be as perfect looking from the side view(barely noticeable though).

Option 2] - Shave away the original grooves on the head and then glue the top piece on.
This takes longer to do but will give a better look from the side view.

Ive left my top piece unglued for now because I will be doing the visor mod later on.
011.jpg

OK Heres the tutorial -
If you need any further help, just ask.

STEP 1] - Remove the head from the body.
002-12.jpg

Just pull the head with slow constant force while at the same time twisting it in different directions until it pops off.

STEP 2] - Put the head in a jug of boiling kettle water for 4 minutes.
003-11.jpg

Make sure that the head is completely covered in the water.
I left his dreads poking out of the water so that I could pick him up by them and avoid burning my hands.

STEP 3] - Remove the mask from the head.
004-10.jpg

Start at the top/back of the mask and just slowly pull it off from the head.
If it feels like its too hard to pull off, use a small flathead screwdriver to pry a small opening to the top/back of the mask and place it in the boiling water again for 2-4 minutes.
Then try to slowly pull it off again.
And by the way, dont worry if it looks like youre bending it out of shape - it will turn back to its original shape like magic!

STEP 4] - Seperating the mask into 2 pieces.
005C.jpg

Just slowly bend the mask with your hands/fingers until it seperates into 2 pieces.
Before doing this step, I recommend boiling the mask for another 4 minutes in the jug of kettle water.

STEP 5] - Shaving the 2 mask pieces(top piece and bottom piece).
006C.jpg

Use a sharp knife like an Xacto knife and make sure you are using a brand new blade.
I also recommend boiling the mask pieces just before you attempt to cut them.
The bottom piece is easy to do - just shave it all the way down to the natural ridge area(shown in the above pic)

I cant really explain how much to shave off the top piece.
Just use trial and error and you'll be fine - shave off a little, check to see how it looks, then continue on shaving more off until youre happy with the size of the gap.

Pics of the top piece after shaving -

007-4.jpg

008-2.jpg

STEP 6] - Gluing the mask back onto the head.
009-1.jpg

First, I glued the bottom piece to the head.
Make sure you fit it into the original grooves of the head for its perfect fit.

You will now have this -
010-1.jpg

Then glue the top piece onto the head.
But this time you have 2 options -

Option 1] - Glue the top piece back on, avoiding the original groove lines.
This is quick and easy to do but it wont be as perfect looking from the side view(barely noticeable though).

Option 2] - Shave away the original grooves on the head and then glue the top piece on.
This takes longer to do but will give a better look from the side view.

Ive left my top piece unglued for now because I will be doing the visor mod later on.
011.jpg

Thanks Man! I will try this tomorrow. Just a Question:
How many cms (or mms) should I shave from the Gap?

Thanks Man! I will try this tomorrow. Just a Question:
How many cms (or mms) should I shave from the Gap?

I have no idea, im affraid.
If I had to guess, I would say about 3-4mm? :dunno
But ignore my guess, Its probably completely wrong!
When I mod my friends mask, I will be able to tell you for sure.

But I'd just go ahead and do it though - just take a little bit off at a time and you'll be fine. Just keep checking the size of the gap each time you cut a bit off.

I have no idea, im affraid.
If I had to guess, I would say about 3-4mm? :dunno
But ignore my guess, Its probably completely wrong!
When I mod my friends mask, I will be able to tell you for sure.

But I'd just go ahead and do it though - just take a little bit off at a time and you'll be fine. Just keep checking the size of the gap each time you cut a bit off.

Thanks man I will check. Another favor, Could you please upload pics of your Pred?

Well because of this thread I ordered the unmasked version(mouth closed). It was the only one left at toysrus.com Now I start the waiting game.

Back