NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the UK users that have the Masked version on order at Forbidden Planet.

When did you order yours ?. I only made my order on 4/5 and mine was dispatched on 31/5 .

As some may remember I was holding of to get him at a cheap price. FB had him at 40-50 originally that I missed out due to being a cheap SOB. The fact he was sent out so quick and that a few of you are still waiting makes me feel rather bad that as a late adopter I got him before any of you. (if you indeed ordered before me).

Luck, for once was on my side. If it makes you feel better I expect no more luck to occur to me for some time !. My legs are still killing me due to my dam arthritis so I will not have him in hand for a good few days yet.
Karma is a bitter sweet thing, how I hate her.

well i i ordered mine from play.com and got the masked version yesterday . in all it took 2 days all for £65 shipped, awsome figure .

I got one from play.com which arrived 2 days after being dispatched, but its the wrong version so sending it back

i placed my order for the masked predator last sunday and its still showing as processing, i also emailed FB yesterday to enquire when it might be shipped out

You must be kidding right? One of our guys did the head sculpt on that piece of you know what and we give that guy the what were you thinking treatment. You know what he said about it? He said he was drunk through most of that project. I think the paint sucks but the sculpt is something all of us McFarlane vets laugh about. That piece was really poorly art directed. All I'm saying is now you'll get a dead on sculpt but it will be hard to get the paint on the head to look great. Look at the way HT handled P2 for example on the head painting that is. McFarlane needs to stay with sports and video game scanned figures because that stuff looks nice. Alien and Predator they never used the best talent on those things and it's nice to go back and fix their mess. They never cared about accurate sculpts and had a who cares attitude.
The McF Pred 2 was my first movie figure ever and it's what got me started collecting movie figures. One day in Game Stop I saw him hanging there along with Alien. I thought it was the most awesome figure I have ever seen and I had to have him. I've never seen anything so detailed or realistic looking. I bought him along with the Alien and hundreds of movie figures later I still proudly display him and the Alien. Heck he even has a removable mask and the arm separates to show the cut off arm just as in the movie. Very cool, especially for 10 years ago.

Jay

Hot water mod??? Is it suppose to fix the dreads like on the HT Pred???

Juan it allows them so fall in a more natural way. like this
FILE0194.jpg

Welcome to the board! Always good to see a fellow Belgian! :hi5:

Where did you get your Pred? Ebay?

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome !

I got my open mouth Predator from eBay.UK and I ordered the two other version from a shop in Brussels. They will be home soon.

The only issue I had with my Predator is with the shoulder gun. Gun and support where "glued" together because of paint I suppose. So it broke when I tired to swivel.

Anyway, I cleaned the rotating ball and drilled it as the gun support and joined them with a coper rod and a touch of superglue. Now it rotate perfectly without any risk.

It's my first Predator figure and I have to say I am more than happy with it. That's why I ordered the two other version..

Are you sure guys that the mod improve the dreads... :?

I see the original pred photos and they fall pretty much like in the Neca's...

:dance

Last edited:
what are you guys exactly doing for the dread mod. Are you dipping the head in hot water or what?

Yup. I boiled some water on the stove, placed it in a small bowl and let the head sit in it for a bit. The water doesn't need to be boiling, just make sure it's hot.

I used one of my wife's hair ties to hold the dreads in place. Let it dry and cool down and you're done. So easy that someone like me can do it :lol

To be honest, this figure DOESN'T need the hot water mod...
Look at his dreads on the actual costume:

vlc2011-01-2309-52-31-46.jpg

vlc2011-01-2309-52-35-64.jpg

vlc2011-01-2309-58-28-71.jpg

I think they look absolutely fine the way they are :wink1:

So you should. When was the McFarlane P2 released, 10 years ago?
Surely technology and techniques have improved since then.

You might as well be bragging that your current cell phone is smaller than the one you had 10 years ago. Not exactly a big achievement.

Not much at all has changed except the articulation. We both have shared the same factories. Todd would only allow so much paint hits and wanted less to keep the cost down but still the sculpt is what it is. Look at the P1 12 inch and 7 and you'll can see the figure looks half done paint wise. The main thing that is better now is articulation but the sculpt on Mc Todd P2 was always just some Predator and doesn't look like P2. The sculpt never was what it should have been which is cool with me because it let us go in and revisit P2.

I used to love McFarlane's Preds but over the years once I began seeing better one's the flaws became obvious and my enthusiasm for them dropped to nothing.

Love the screenshots from the documentary, like I said you can really see the colors of his armor, helmet and caster in those shots. IMO, if your going to mod your Pred and do a repaint, that's the reference footage you should be using, not the film itself as movie lighting lies.

Last edited:
Some outdoor shots, excuse the bio, these were taken before I modded it, I also didn't take any of my open mouth Pred outside because he would have been too hard to remove from the fishing line...

P1070879.jpg

P1070884-Copy.jpg

P1070884.jpg

P1070864.jpg

P1070866.jpg

P1070867.jpg

Last edited:
Back