NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I placed my order for a set of three within minutes of them first being announced and available for pre order from BBTS. To think that I will be among the last to receive them is sooo frustrating. People finding these at TRU before BBTS?

Here's my bad boys all squeezed into one shelf. I have space issues.

NecaPredMask005.jpg
Nice!
The triplets have never looked better.

Great pic right there! :hi5:

BBTS here.
So in my list of pre-orders, they just moved the NECA Preds down below the HT Iron Man Mark V. If I'm not mistaken, this pre-order list has always represented an order of expected arrival. Great. So either the Iron Man is coming sooner than expected, or the Predators are delayed. Guess which I'm betting on...

After receiving the masked version first, then the open mouth version I have to say that the masked version is definitely my preference.

The masked version looks like a high end statue and easily blends in with sideshow products. It must be easier to make the bio look good than to make the predator face look good (less complicated). I'm not sure if the paint job on the face it to blame, the actual kind of paint they used, or the material the figure is made of.

Don't get me wrong, I think the open mouth looks good. But with the open mouth version I find myself saying that it looks good FOR THE PRICE. Whereas with the masked version I find myself saying that it looks very good. PERIOD.

Just some thoughts.:peace

Never understood why people used BBTS, CSC has everything that they do for roughly the same price and are much quicker. Just my thoughts.

I love CSC. Always have, even when they had the security leaks a while back and several customers had bank account fraud, including myself. Everyone hated them then. They've always been stand up and cool with me. However the CA tax is killer, and for items I don't mind waiting on, BBTS is a nice alternative. I also prefer the way BBTS' site is arranged and allows for pre-order cancellations free of charge.

Yup. I couldn't pose them at all to make them fit but it took me about 45 minutes of moving crap around just to free up this one shelf so I'm not pushing it.

I got lucky. One of my LCS called me on Thursday and said he was getting one set in and offered it to me. Only paid 210 for all three. :)

CSC had some one who worked for them steal a number of credit card #s not to long ago... I was one of them... So thats why I refuse to use CSC and anyone else who does is taking a risk...

Here's one for size comparision against the really big guys. Pretty good for a 70 dollar figure!

NecaPredMask003.jpg

CSC had some one who worked for them steal a number of credit card #s not to long ago... I was one of them... So thats why I refuse to use CSC and anyone else who does is taking a risk...

They offer paypal for anyone uncomfortable with providing credit card digits. Just sayin. :lecture

I love CSC. Always have, even when they had the security leaks a while back and several customers had bank account fraud, including myself. Everyone hated them then. They've always been stand up and cool with me. However the CA tax is killer, and for items I don't mind waiting on, BBTS is a nice alternative. I also prefer the way BBTS' site is arranged and allows for pre-order cancellations free of charge.

That makes sense, I keep forgetting about the damn tax.That is a killer I bet!

He will looks so good with a base!

Thanks to those who posted videos to help me with the base by the way. I will watch and learn.

Having card numbers stolen could happen to anyone. I thought you were going to talk about some sort of negligent system vulnerability. Still sucks for the people being robbed.

I used to work for a call center where people called in and placed orders. I have had so many credit card numbers given to me, and the info to go with them to order anything I ever wanted online. It just takes one bad egg I guess.

Last edited:
Just got my replacement Cannon assembly from CSC. Works like a charm, no stock ball joint! CSC really came through. They even sent me a return label so all I had to do is put the old one in the same box, tape it and slap the label on. My mailman will pick it up. This was my first purchase from CSC and it certainly won't be the last!

Jay

Back