NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Can't wait to have the three of them displayed together.

I plan to have the masked in this pose in the centre:
Predator_36.jpg

With a open mouth roaring pose to his right:
Predator_94.jpg
lol I was planning on doing this as well,
it is true it looks like you wont be able to make the head turn but if you remove the shoulder cannon you could but, it would be cool to do it with it :ohbfrank:

I could not buy the HT P1, for months I suffer as I saw the horrible prices online, I cried (lol not really) and felt like crap for missing on the opportunity,
I saw pics of it online and never noticed how different is from the movie, never really thought about it, but when you put pics of it next to the Neca one and next to the movie stills, wow, there is no denying or hiding the fact of how different it is,
I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing though, the head is just not that accurate,
and about Neca, they really came to our rescue with this P1 figure, Besides HT, I don't think there are that many pred figures, (besides the Spawn ones but... :pfft: ) so I am really happy about this figure, really excited, if HT makes the Classic pred or another P1, (who knows) that would be cool too, but for now this is the best looking figure, the HT is the most articulate and has the accessories, each figure has its strengths, I am pretty sure once we get the Neca preds in our hands its weaknesses will be talked about all over the net

hey rzeznikk, i like the dreds on your pred 1. they look a little longer & hang down more than norm. did u replace them?

At least NECA didn't make the mask with sculpted on blast marks... :monkey1
:rotflSeriously:rotfl

Even if HT made different head sculpts, there'd still be these big craters in the Bio :slap.
I still love HT and their figures though, for all of you who will complain about this post...

I did the dread mod where I removed the dreads and reglued them in the right way.

yeah they look waaay better. mine still bushes out like he has an afro. gonna have to try out your mod meself. nice avatar btw. who's azz is that?

:lol You're just disproving yourself here; hot toys's has wrong mandibles, a tiny head, really short dreads... But the body is nice. :peace

Im not disproving anything. Look at the abomination that is the NECA Berserker. NECAs looks like ____ compared to HT. Was I saying that HT was perfect? No, but it sure as hell beats out NECAs pile.

Im amazed at how people are defending a figure that isnt even out yet....:lol makes a lot of sense. :cuckoo:

Does not take a genius to realize that technically it is better the HT. However, HT was wrong in the implementation of the head of Berserker, sucks... even a blind man sees it. The sculpture of the heads made ​​by Neca is much more faithful.

n2hhkj.jpg

Does not take a genius to realize that technically it is better the HT. However, HT was wrong in the implementation of the head of Berserker, sucks... even a blind man sees it. The sculpture of the heads made ​​by Neca is much more faithful.

n2hhkj.jpg

Do you own any HT figures? At all? Inaccuracies aside, Im much prouder of my HT Berserker (and P1) than I am of my NECA Predators. Quality isnt even close to compare.

Id like to hope that this 1:4 scale Predator 1 turns out better than anything NECA has ever done, but so far their product has never wowed me like HT products do. NECA makes good 7" toys, but when it comes to high end...well...I think Tankman and NECA should leave it up to the big boys like Sideshow and Hot Toys.

Defend the indefensible because you have it. HT has always failed with the sculpture of the Predator and Alien. However not with other human characters... very nice.

Defend the indefensible because you have it. HT has always failed with the sculpture of the Predator and Alien. However not with other human characters... very nice.

Failed to answer my question. ;)

Im going to go ahead and assume that you dont have any HT, because if you had, you wouldnt find the need to dog on the company and be such a loyal NECA consumer.

I have a fair share of both NECA and HT figures in my collection and I can definitely say that NECA doesnt hold a candle next to any of my HT figures.

Like I said, Id like to believe this 1:4 Predator will prove me wrong, and the NECA has straightened out everything with their factor(ies) to give us collectors a great final product, but seeing some of the ____e that I have seen from NECA in years past, I have to roll my eyes when Tank Man wants to talk his mouth and put down HT.

Last edited:

What's the big deal about the Oakley's on the mask?

Seriously, I'm only interested in the closed mouth version. I just wanted a good version of him like that, and I think they captured it well. If not for this version, I think I'd have passed on this altogether.

But thinking about the larger scale, I might try hollowing out his left forearm and adding an LED light-up feature for the computer gauntlet. Having that much room to work with, shouldn't be too hard. If I can squeeze a blue LED light, a switch and the wiring into that 1:6 cannon, I think I can manage that. (The battery pack is inside the back armor, behind the med-kit)

Seriously, I'm only interested in the closed mouth version. I just wanted a good version of him like that, and I think they captured it well. If not for this version, I think I'd have passed on this altogether.

They captured his look great with the closed mouth. It's my favourite from the three.

But thinking about the larger scale, I might try hollowing out his left forearm and adding an LED light-up feature for the computer gauntlet. Having that much room to work with, shouldn't be too hard. If I can squeeze a blue LED light, a switch and the wiring into that 1:6 cannon, I think I can manage that. (The battery pack is inside the back armor, behind the med-kit)

That sounds like a good idea. I'm guessing many people will have a go at customising him in some way.

They captured his look great with the closed mouth. It's my favourite from the three.

That sounds like a good idea. I'm guessing many people will have a go at customising him in some way.

Yeah, and rzeznik wants to take his to a taxidermy shop and see about getting a jungle base for his. Another good idea for the masked one would be hollowing out behind the mask some and getting translucent lenses on the mask, and putting in green LED lights for his eyes. Just put the switch on the back of his head and the dreds will hide it.

And come to think of it, the cannon/med-kit assembly is removable .... I'm adding a blue LED to that, too! Now I'm SUPER excited about getting this :yess:

Back