Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they're very nicely made figures and at a good price! May pick up Frodo once I see better pics of him.

I have yet to see either figure at retail. Maybe our TRU never got either stocked, or if they did they sold out immediately.

I got my Gollum off Ebay for a fair price. Hopefully Bilbo will have better distribution in my area. Gollum is easily one of the best offering I have seen from NECA, and one of the best mass-market paint jobs as well.

It seems to me as well that Neca is producing now good quality products with very reasonable price...I will have to look into it more and pick some items as well

The quality of Gollum and Smeagol is excellent for the price. Very tempted to get Bilbo if he's of the same standard.

I'm really surprised that Gollum/Smeagol are not selling well.
They look like outstanding figures to me.

Not selling! People obviously can't recognise a bargain when they see it! :slap

Bilbo Baggins Beautifully Boxed (how's that for alliteration!)

Found this image on Ebay today. Wish it was more closeup on his face to how the paint apps came out. But looks pretty nice so far.

ry%3D480

That's what i thought!I never saw the Bilbo figure go up for preorder at BBTS and to be honest the only place i found it was at DCBS but they cancelled so now i'm stuck like you superdoug!^_^

I'm eager to buy Mr Baggins after seeing this image:
940889_480867018648742_1683006930_n.jpg

Although I don't think he really resembles Martin Freeman 'en face'. When you see pictures of the figure in profile it does look a lot better.
Are the clothes cloth or plastic btw?

Last edited:
Looks like they are plastic and I think all their other 1/4 stuff is plastic except the netting for the predators. My guess is a softer plastic for the part of the coat over the main body and maybe the vest and the arms and the rest of the clothing is hard plastic.

Back