Neca 1/4 Scale Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a steal! Unfortunately my FYE didn't have anything great left when they closed it last year.

Tell me about it! I still have quite a few FYE's situated around the area. This was the only one that was closing and I stumbled on this one leaving a restaurant with my fiance. It was perfect timing. I thought about shooting over to Toys R Us to see if they had any Gollums left before checking out this FYE. Had a 20% off coupon that was set to expire (on the 27th)...but this was a better deal by far.

Damn man for 16 bucks I'd gladly get a smeagol even though I think it's a bit excessive to have both (well with as many figures I have that is) you don't pass up a deal like tar.

Still really loving this guy domt regret getting him for a second even though he's not in scale he really rounds out my Gandalf and Aragon, here's hoping Asmus does a Frodo, Sauramon and Legolas that tickes my fancy, those three are really the only other LOTR figures I need tl feel like my collection is well rounded. I'd get bilbo too. But it will feel weird if I never have a Frodo in my collection of any kind.

Alter Ego has both gollum and smeagol on sale for 38.99, shipping kills it for me though (12.81 for me via UPS Ground). Still a decent price but not decent enough for a spur of the moment purchase.

Just got the 1/4 scale Gollum figure yesterday. Pretty cool figure. Very nicely detailed.

Also, in a report from Toy Fair that I read on Cool Toy Review, after they release the Bilbo figure, NECA plans to make some dwarves from The Hobbit if the line continues to sell well and then apparently they might bring some more LOTR trilogy characters into the fold.

Just got the 1/4 scale Gollum figure yesterday. Pretty cool figure. Very nicely detailed.

Also, in a report from Toy Fair that I read on Cool Toy Review, after they release the Bilbo figure, NECA plans to make some dwarves from The Hobbit if the line continues to sell well and then apparently they might bring some more LOTR trilogy characters into the fold.

:yess:

Very good news indeed!!

With Smeagol & Gollum seeming to be selling poorly. Half price on thinkgeek and a load on ebay not moving.

Will we see anymore 1/4 figures from NECA?

Will Bilbo see the light of day?

They have the licence for 1/4 for both Hobbit & LOTR.

I hope we will see a full line, the smeagol/gollum are my favorite figures for the price I paid $50.

In my opinion he is an awesome figure but probably not the best one to sell through. Some people won't get him because he is creapy where as Bilbo, Gandalf or Thorin would probably get more traction althoguh the tooling costs would be higher. With Gollum they got two figures for the tooling cost of one and an extra head sculpt.

If they can get Bilbo out there might be more of a demand for the remaining Gollums.

HEy guyz,for those who were waiting for the 1/4 scale Bilbo,well it's cancelled!I got a confirmation email today from DCBS that it was cancelled by manufacturer.Their source of info is from Diamond Dist. so i guess with poor sales of Smeagol/Gollum NECA decided not to take the risk.They could just be delaying the figure until the second part comes out this winter.^_^

Terrible news! I hope they maybe try again when the 2nd or 3rd movie comes out.

They should have started with Bilbo or Thorin instead of Gollum.

HEy guyz,for those who were waiting for the 1/4 scale Bilbo,well it's cancelled!I got a confirmation email today from DCBS that it was cancelled by manufacturer.Their source of info is from Diamond Dist. so i guess with poor sales of Smeagol/Gollum NECA decided not to take the risk.They could just be delaying the figure until the second part comes out this winter.^_^

Just tweeted NECA asking them if the line was cancelled,this was their reply
"the 1/4 scale? no it is not. Bilbo just shipped and considering what to do next. Love the internet rumors (sarcasm)"

Just tweeted NECA asking them if the line was cancelled,this was their reply
"the 1/4 scale? no it is not. Bilbo just shipped and considering what to do next. Love the internet rumors (sarcasm)"

Thats good its not cancelled, but really, Id REALLY wish NECA would tap back into the 1:6 scale market seriously. Bring us some great quality 1:6 Lord of the Rings/Hobbit figures. 1:4 is nice but I reserve that space in my collection for Enterbay HD and SS Premium Formats.

Also would love them to do 1:6 Scale Horror as well.

DCBS Customer Service
Apr 24 (2 days ago)
to me

Hi,
The following items have been cancelled and have been credited in your account to the order listed. The reason for each cancellation is provided as well. Please let us know if you have any questions.
TitleReasonOrderQtyCredit
HOBBIT BILBO BAGGINS 1/4 SCALE FIGURE (C: 1-1-2) [MAR131946]Canceled by Publisher2444861$43.99

Thank you for your business!

Discount Comic Book Service
www.DCBService.com
Reply Forward
This is the email i received from DCBS yesterday so my intention wasn't to start a rumor but to inform fans(like myself) of any news that pertain to a certain toy line.I'm SORRY if anyone took this the wrong way and as for NECA stating that it's still on,well that's AWESOME NEWS because i for one loved the movie and had preordered as soon as it became available.I did send an email to DCBS to clarify with better detail as to why and who cancelled what.Will keep you notified as soon as i get a reply!:wink1:

My Gollum and Smeagol arrived this morning and I'm really pleased with them! I'm going to flood you with some of my pics now!

These two figures have to be amongst the best NECA have ever produced. Really detailed paint app and attention to detail like the dirty fingernails and feet. Very welcome additions to my collection! Maybe would of liked to have seen Smeagol with a happy/smile expression though.

Some fantastic pictures...and this makes the line look great! Surprised they have not done a Gimli or another smaller character...another dwarf perhaps?

Thanks Geb for your very high praise, it's greatly appreciated!

No problem...the product looks great, which helps the pictures turn out too! With me ramping up The Green Dragon...I've begun getting back into posting and learning about all this cool new stuff!

Back