NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad that NECA recognizes that there is a starving 1/4 market out here and they continue to increase the quality of their products. They really seem to have stepped up to the challenge with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Official pics looks like no embrella that ****ing sucks...

We’re very excited to reveal new shots of the Batman Returns Penguin 1/4 scale figure coming this summer! (His least favorite time of year.) At the same time, we are also announcing an accessory change. Sadly, due to manufacturing issues, we won’t be able to include the umbrella accessory that we originally intended. However, to help ease the pain, we’re replacing it with five other awesome accessories:
“Cobblepot for Mayor” mini-poster
monocle
cigarette in holder
delicious half-eaten fish
additional right hand
Check out the flippered fiend in action below!

Read more: Closer Look: Batman Returns Penguin (Danny DeVito) 1/4 Scale Action Figure! | NECAOnline.com

Last edited:
Did he ever have a monocle in the movie? I can't remember a scene with him wearing it, but I could just be forgetting. I haven't seen the movie in a few years. Still, the figure looks really nice and I'm looking forward to getting him.

I take the smoke and the monocle ...the umbrella you could buy on ebay...still getting it , can't wait. It would display nicely with Bats and I'll just display Supes alone.
0c3a5142f2905d397443bfffd78cbdd5.jpg

Did he ever have a monocle in the movie? I can't remember a scene with him wearing it, but I could just be forgetting. I haven't seen the movie in a few years. Still, the figure looks really nice and I'm looking forward to getting him.

Yep
10030745_2.jpg

They should have just delayed it until they figured out how to make it work. How are you going to make a penguin without his signature weapon? Kind of ****ed to be honest.

If being fully functional was the problem, they could have made a closed umbrella or something. Maybe release a variant one opened if they do Batman or Catwoman. I dunno. Pretty disappointing. The cigarette w/holder and monocle are cool, but maaaan, no umbrella? How is he supposed to fight?

Last edited:
Penguin without an umbrella would be like Thor without Mjolnir.

Such a bad decision, IMO. NECA could have included one fully sculpted closed umbrella, and another with fully-sculpted open top made with light felixble platic and detachable from a metal frame/stick similar to one of those cape holders for their 89 Batman.

No umbrella a disappointment, but still happy to get him. They are trying to keep the price affordable I think, and maybe the umbrella would have increased price. Still, for 99.00 it will be a great addition, especially since I got him Preordered for 79.98 shipped!:yess:

I'm seriously considering getting into 1/4 scale figures that aren't PF's because of this. Neca is really wowing me lately. Also it seems unlikely that Hot Toys will ever make this character.

So excited. I am so behind on the 18" figures. I still need to get the 18" Pacific Rim Cherno Alpha and Striker Eureka. Along with 1:4 TV version Robin, movie Superman and Penguin.

The umbrella news is disappointing, but I can deal. The bonus accessories makes me happy.

So glad that NECA recognizes that there is a starving 1/4 market out here and they continue to increase the quality of their products. They really seem to have stepped up to the challenge with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they keep this level of quality for the same price I will be wanting to get a lot more.

Official pics looks like no embrella that ****ing sucks...

We’re very excited to reveal new shots of the Batman Returns Penguin 1/4 scale figure coming this summer! (His least favorite time of year.) At the same time, we are also announcing an accessory change. Sadly, due to manufacturing issues, we won’t be able to include the umbrella accessory that we originally intended. However, to help ease the pain, we’re replacing it with five other awesome accessories:
“Cobblepot for Mayor” mini-poster
monocle
cigarette in holder
delicious half-eaten fish
additional right hand
Check out the flippered fiend in action below!

No umbrella!? That's his signature thing.

...the umbrella you could buy on ebay...

1/4 scale...? Where?

Back