NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

The good thing is that Neca haven't said no to HULK...With no announcements or news, i guess the speculation and suggestions continues. .I for one would like to see neca reach back and go for a blend of their classic 18" style and a bit of the now 1/4 scale function and look. Hulk should have a hard statuesque sculpt in a iconic semi pose (hunched) balanced with complimentary functioning articulation(no ab crunch..or we'll designed torso joints.Importantly 20 plus inches of Hulk being able to stand and balance well. Big fist and big feet are a must!

I would prefer that he isnt hindered with a bunch of articulation. His head, arms, elbows (90' angle), legs and his knees. That's it. Maybe some replaceable hands. This could end up being Neca's most epic figure if it's done correctly.

Unclechop agreed ! Oh last posts where examples of the no no's. No soft sculpt. No unnecessary ab articulation hence more like 1/4th City Hunter Predator. . Just Badazz Hulk!

Unclechop agreed ! Oh last posts where examples of the no no's. No soft sculpt. No unnecessary ab articulation hence more like 1/4th City Hunter Predator. . Just Badazz Hulk!

Ohhhh. Haha!
But yeah, I really hope they put their best foot forward. It's not like it can't be done. I was just lookin at my 18 inch mezco hellboy, and it looks friggin awesome. And it's really old! Neca needs to just stop playin around and get this one goin. But knowin them, they'll just come out with a black widow or a Hawkeye.

Just to be really honest, I could care less if neca made this one as a cut joint figure, as long as it has an awesome pose. Toy biz did their 13 inch one, and it's still one of my favorites. I don't think it's too wise to for them to not get on this one. People are just getting annoyed.

Totally agree unclechop..It's frustrating that their treating it like a secret project. Every one knows that neca does awesome monsters and has innovated the 1/4 scale figure . And yes mezco's Hell Boy , neca's Bolrog, 79 Alien, and toy biz 13" hulk are perfect examples of how awesome this figure could be..only hope the wait is based on packing logistics and the announcement of Marvel villains!

Totally agree unclechop..It's frustrating that their treating it like a secret project. Every one knows that neca does awesome monsters and has innovated the 1/4 scale figure . And yes mezco's Hell Boy , neca's Bolrog, 79 Alien, and toy biz 13" hulk are perfect examples of how awesome this figure could be..only hope the wait is based on packing logistics and the announcement of Marvel villains!

To make it even easier on neca, I could care less if it isn't to true scale. Give me an 18 inch hulk and I'll be cool (even though true scale would be more epic).

Yeah.. rewatched a recent SDCC interview with Neca stating that Hulk would be to scale . I'm guessing 24"-26".

I came up on a few Hulk figure photos that has some things going for it and others that probably wouldn't work as well. On this Hulk the torso sculpt and upper arm all except the wrists area would work well for a 1/4 Hulk.https:// [URL=https://s801.photobucket.com/user/urbanuniversal1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC05164_zpsbeb99994.jpg.html] [/URL]
Agreed! But I think they should take it an extra step by adding real cloth shorts/pants. An ab crunch would ruin it.

I absolutely love the old toy biz 12 inch, but the whole torso thing always bothered me. I think neca should just make it solid like the face off hulk. Plus it would probably save them money to do so

I absolutely love the old toy biz 12 inch, but the whole torso thing always bothered me. I think neca should just make it solid like the face off hulk. Plus it would probably save them money to do so

Yup agreed.. a completely sculpted torso would definitely set it right. About a year or so back I picked a few of mezco's Thunder Cats figures. The largest being Mum ra. His torso was well sculpted with no ab articulation.Upon first look I thought boring but mezco pulled off the ball joint waist . I was like wow.. I'm able to get some decent dynamic poses out them. So if Neca decides to with a full torso sculpt for 1/4 Hulk they should consider a ball joint waist for a wee bit more posability! Plus it'll save them money!:impatient: :yess:

Back