NECA: 1/4 Christopher Reeve Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
,looks like the 1990s terry reynolds garage kit to me ,ive got a couple of them and a "flying george" ,there pretty nice and back in the day they were outstanding lol and the only game in town for tvand movie superhero figures
82258.jpg

just found pics of mine ,brings back some memories lol ,lmk if you want more info on these figures from the land befor dc direct or hot toys etc lol
DSC05990.jpg
DSC05993.jpg

Man, do I wish some company would do a George Reeves figure or statue. He's long overdue for one imo.

As for this NECA Reeve figure, it looks like it came out pretty well. I don't really collect 1/4 scale, but it's a nice looking figure none the less. The way they've hidden the joints is pretty well done.

I was a bit worried by some aspects of this piece, but there's nothing like seeing in hand photos you guys have posted - looks awesome. Here's an in hand video, looks really good. WELL DONE NECA! Sorry I doubted you :clap

Nice review....I agree 100% is perfect ...at first I thought the cape was not good but is probably the first best cape that neca has done.

Finally received today from Calendars.com. NOT HAPPY! See attached picture. Just my freaking luck. I have no idea what the hell happened to him. Anyone else's have the crappy scalp paint by the hair part? If no replacement offered and fix suggestions? Emailed customer service and sent pic wanting replacement.

IMG_20150703_210537.jpg

11541965_10205948548606190_4422466626214951569_n_zpsbjh0otqw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is the best pic of his face I've seen yet, blurry and out of focus but really captures Reeve's likeness. I have tried numerous times to get this exact angle but I just can't get a pic to look that much like him. You really nailed it. Of course I'm just using my cell phone and the camera pretty much sucks on it. Love the figure though!
This is the best I could do
untitled (17).jpg

Last edited:
@afattori
Is the box distorting the picture at all or does it really look that bad? Forehead, eyes and nose.. Are those scratches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally received today from Calendars.com. NOT HAPPY! See attached picture. Just my freaking luck. I have no idea what the hell happened to him. Anyone else's have the crappy scalp paint by the hair part? If no replacement offered and fix suggestions? Emailed customer service and sent pic wanting replacement.

View attachment 194135

It looks this bad. Those are not scratches. Just paint on the inside. Nose paint rubbed off only damage. I have no idea how all that paint got on the plastic.

That sucks man.. Hopefully they get a replacement to you ASAP.

I hope so. This sucks, but I have been very lucky with 99% of my shipped figures. Really want to take him out of the box and look at him. that's the crappy part, waiting again. Thanks for your support Royce.

This is the best pic of his face I've seen yet, blurry and out of focus but really captures Reeve's likeness. I have tried numerous times to get this exact angle but I just can't get a pic to look that much like him. You really nailed it. Of course I'm just using my cell phone and the camera pretty much sucks on it. Love the figure though!
Thanks! It is hard getting good pics of their faces. I used my blackberry phone. I held it back a bit and used the zoom in a well lit room. I could probably sharpen it up with photoshop but I just didn't feel the need to.
Wished only my box was messed up a little lol. See my post with pic.
That sucks man. :(

View attachment 194135

That is unfortunate I hope you get it replaced. Looks like the paint wasn't dry and his nose got rubbed against the packaging when they boxed him up. I bought two of NECA's Rocketeer figures and the same thing happened with Cliff Seacorts hair, to BOTH of em, then I saw a bunch of them at Toys R Us and ALL the figures had the same problem. Not a deal breaker there but yea I would not be happy if my Supes arrived that way either.

That is unfortunate I hope you get it replaced. Looks like the paint wasn't dry and his nose got rubbed against the packaging when they boxed him up. I bought two of NECA's Rocketeer figures and the same thing happened with Cliff Seacorts hair, to BOTH of em, then I saw a bunch of them at Toys R Us and ALL the figures had the same problem. Not a deal breaker there but yea I would not be happy if my Supes arrived that way either.

Would have thought they would at least give some time for the paint to dry. I hope the replacement is fine. I emailed calendars. Com asking they make sure there is no damage. I really want to take him out of the box, but I can not keep this one with its damage. Hate having to wait again. That sucks both of your Rocketeer's were messed up.

A few more pictures and then I will leave you good folks alone lol

90109e501299ba4a07731035f2e4e746.jpg

5c69982062ae6bf2d006b572227b9bf4.jpg

a8d3ab83ed0f54c985254edcf3846b71.jpg

c0182ec19392e45d6f7921ed02fb230a.jpg

Last edited:
@afattori Well I understand not wanting to wait in fact when tracking my Supes by FedEx they said that flooding in Memphis would make mine delayed I ordered another one from toys r us, turns out I still got the one from BBTS first and still haven't got the one from TRU but I don't mind having two of these he's that cool. Why don't you just go ahead and order another one from either of those places you would probably get it before your replacement, then you could have a double to keep MIB. I understand if money is an issue it was for me, that's why I just charged him on a credit card. I mean this is Christopher Reeve we're talking about here! Doesn't happen every day y'know. lol

Last edited:
A few more pictures and then I will leave you good folks alone lol

90109e501299ba4a07731035f2e4e746.jpg

5c69982062ae6bf2d006b572227b9bf4.jpg

a8d3ab83ed0f54c985254edcf3846b71.jpg

c0182ec19392e45d6f7921ed02fb230a.jpg

Nice pics Royce! I see you have him standing without a stand. Has he wanted to fall over yet? You've got him in a wide stance pose. I had mine with his legs closer and he fell over on my dining room table and the noise scare the $#!t outta me lol luckily no damage to him:pray:

Thanks.. Yeah he is stable in a wide pose. The one time he toppled over I had him in a narrower stance. Luckily he was in a detolf so he never hit the ground. He was just leaning against the glass.

Back