Action Figure NECA 1/4 Affleck BVS BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep as I said with a little love and care it looks great.... Even though I wouldn't mind an Hot Toys 1/4 scale after seeing how thier 1/6 came out...

Hot Toys? I don't know... It's a good batman figure, just not a good Affleck Batman. All kinds of problems. NECA missed the mark on the head, but I think they captured the essence of Ben a lot better. Especially the build.

Hot Toys? I don't know... It's a good batman figure, just not a good Affleck Batman. All kinds of problems. NECA missed hate mark on the head, but I think they captured the essence of Ben a lot better. Especially the build.
Yeah true to that even though a lot of ppl would argue with me on that. Just need an nice custom cape and he'd really shine. Would love to see this shrunken down to 7 inch

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hot Toys? I don't know... It's a good batman figure, just not a good Affleck Batman. All kinds of problems. NECA missed hate mark on the head, but I think they captured the essence of Ben a lot better. Especially the build.

I see more problems with NECA's compared to Hot Toys' Affleck, but yeah, to each his own :wink1:

I'm a huge NECA fan. Not gonna lie, photos of this figure turned me off. I was really disappointed, too. This is my favorite on screen Batman ever and I've been a fan since I was 5 in 1982. Then I saw it in person. Something about the head sculpt doesn't look right in pictures. Once I saw it at the store, I bought it with no second thoughts. It's a damn good likeness. Just for some reason it looks weird in pics. Is it HT quality? No. But I can't justify those prices, and for 100 bucks, the likeness is pretty spot on. Especially at this scale, you can't beat it.

I'm a huge NECA fan. Not gonna lie, photos of this figure turned me off. I was really disappointed, too. This is my favorite on screen Batman ever and I've been a fan since I was 5 in 1982. Then I saw it in person. Something about the head sculpt doesn't look right in pictures. Once I saw it at the store, I bought it with no second thoughts. It's a damn good likeness. Just for some reason it looks weird in pics. Is it HT quality? No. But I can't justify those prices, and for 100 bucks, the likeness is pretty spot on. Especially at this scale, you can't beat it.

Amen with that and with an nice mod and repaint it come sout looking like this.... Granted the HT has more accessories but it is what it is. I would buy the HT if they did make it in 1/4 or if they made an Armored Version in 1/4 scale. We haven't had an Hot Toys 1/4 Batman since 2012 hopefully that changes soon.

14067926_10154441334684346_5815739438797411434_o.jpg

14066456_10154441335619346_5971913145619595594_o.jpg

HT's Affleck isn't as bad as their Keaton 89, but the likeness is still off like NECAs & the body is WAY off. The body is atrocious. An 8 pack? Affleck is thick, tall with a stocky build, not lean and baggy with baby hands.

NECA has the proportions down pat and that's whats important when dealing with Affleck. Sure NECA's head needs a mod to look perfect, but once modded it looks better than the factory Hot Toys. The suit texture is too pronounced on the NECA, but it's hand sculpted detail that I can appreciate opposed to the body suit with inaccurate musculature.

And agreed, for some odd reason the NECA Affleck does not photograph well. You need the exact angle and light to really capture what you see in hand. It's difficult! It's an awesome figure that I've really come around to.

Affleck hasn't had a truly perfect large scale figure yet though. Both NECA and Hot Toys have their major problems, and I just happen to prefer NECA's because it looks like Affleck's Batman on a shelf, rather than a stylized comic book version. Maybe I just haven't seen a good photograph of the Hot Toy's figure that sells me, like some haven't for the NECA.

Amazing Man!! Best Modded Neca to date!! Can't wait to own it!! You went all out with this mod especially on the new face technique and repaint.
You will love it TWAYNE did mine and I love it!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there's a video for the face mod? I saw the pictures, but still don't quite understand.

Seems like it's suggesting cutting along the top where the cowl meets the face, then pushing up on the chin? But what happens to all the extra material from the upper lip area? Also, doesn't this end up making the head bent (with the upper lip area sinking in and the chin jutting out even further than it does now)?

After seeing all the modded pictures, I think it looks great, but I want to get a better idea of how it's done before I commit.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

This is my NECA rework following the great advice of fellow members of cutting and pushing in the lower face area, did a quick job and repaint and indeed it makes the figure looks much more better, I liked the figure before very much....now even more. Next modification, the suit repaint and cape weathering. On more thanks to the members who posted their customs/reworks on this figure, it was a great inspiration to take the X-acto #11 to face and mask and cut away!!!

View attachment 287745View attachment 287746View attachment 287747

This is my NECA rework following the great advice of fellow members of cutting and pushing in the lower face area, did a quick job and repaint and indeed it makes the figure looks much more better, I liked the figure before very much....now even more. Next modification, the suit repaint and cape weathering. On more thanks to the members who posted their customs/reworks on this figure, it was a great inspiration to take the X-acto #11 to face and mask and cut away!!!

Looking good! Here's mine that I just finished up. I wanted to use the Jakks Pacific head I modified but I think it looks a bit too small, so I went ahead and tried to fix the Neca one. I fully removed the mouth piece and repositioned it, and added new eyes. The head is padded a little to give it a wider shape. I also repainted the face and suit.

9kZ6sVE.jpg

23uglrQ.jpg

Looking good! Here's mine that I just finished up. I wanted to use the Jakks Pacific head I modified but I think it looks a bit too small, so I went ahead and tried to fix the Neca one. I fully removed the mouth piece and repositioned it, and added new eyes. The head is padded a little to give it a wider shape. I also repainted the suit.

9kZ6sVE.jpg

23uglrQ.jpg

The modification looks GREAT, the lower face surgery is superb!

I will never get sick of posing this guy such an solid figure...

14249901_10154482209529346_6263201692335314709_o.jpg

Found out why the Affleck NECA has that weird ass lip thing going on cause I'm pretty sure they used this pic for reference as it looks exactly like the lower part of the face as seen in this pic...So honestly it's not inaccurate to this pic....

Batman.jpg

Well after 3 months of owning this guy, I put him up on eBay. I tried liking him but even after modding the face, wasn't thrilled in the long run.

Question: Can I put the eBay link here?

Back