My WETA collection finished!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on a fantastic collection!

There's just something extra special about the SS/Weta line. I think many that are cleaning house and selling off their collection will regret it later on. All it takes is another viewing of the Gollum DVD and the hook is once again set.

Some people are selling them off for those disgusting GG LOTR pieces. Those things have no detail when it comes to the clothes and armor. Just a good facial scan.

Gondor Girl, do you own every weta statue? I can't tell in that pic.

Although I wanna start a slightly new topic: your best bargain? I'll start with the:chew Cave Troll which, believe me or not, I got for free!!!

Awesome collection indeed. How long have you been collecting these for? I'm assuming early enough to get some of the high-end pieces.

Me, I just started recently, and that leads into your new subject request. I couldn't believe it when I logged into ebay and saw the following for sale:

#160132127974 - Uruk-Hai Scout Statue = $199.99
#160132123798 - Moria Orc Swordsman Statue = $199.99
#160132130629 - Ring Wraith & Steed Statue = $369.99
#160132133631 - Boromir Statue = $179.99
#160132134338 - Aragorn Statue = $179.99
#160132144101 - Gimli Statue = $179.99

The only thing I didn't get was a moria orc archer statue also for $179.99. Someone beat me to it, immediate payment required, I went as fast as I could type. The adrenaline rush at seeing all of these for this cheap was better than winning a huge pot in poker. I had to do a double take and see if it was a scam somehow.

I don't think the girl knew what she had. And the packaging job, let me tell you. They came in two separate boxes, basically free floating in the large card board box, minimal styrofoam peanuts used. But I inspected them all, and no damage with excpetion to a few scuffs to the boxes. Thankfully she used UPS with tends to be more careful than USPS.

If it weren't for this deal, I'd probably have given up getting any of the older statues.

Some people are selling them off for those disgusting GG LOTR pieces. Those things have no detail when it comes to the clothes and armor.

That is the only thing I hate about the GG busts. The "cloth" parts have no texture. They are too smooth.

AND the floor tile they have over at the Prop Store of London! A girl after my own heart, I thought I was the only one interersted in that!

Fantastic collection! I'm closing in on the Busts and Helms myself then its on to filling in the SSW Statue gaps!

"Every piece a battle, every item a victory!"

Ya know I was looking at the pics again and can't think how cool it must be to own all the statues. I wanted to so badly at one point but now I find myself considering selling off all but a few pieces. Congrats again 2 ya on having them all.

Ya know I was looking at the pics again and can't think how cool it must be to own all the statues. I wanted to so badly at one point but now I find myself considering selling off all but a few pieces. Congrats again 2 ya on having them all.

They don't have them all. They said they completed their collection to their personal satisfaction.

Great looking collection. In my opinion the Sideshow Weta line will always be the definitive Lord of the Rings collectibles. I just wish the line had continued. There are lots of pieces we never got....

Still quite a few pieces I wanna backtrack and get as well.

Awesome collection indeed. How long have you been collecting these for? I'm assuming early enough to get some of the high-end pieces.

Me, I just started recently, and that leads into your new subject request. I couldn't believe it when I logged into ebay and saw the following for sale:

#160132127974 - Uruk-Hai Scout Statue = $199.99
#160132123798 - Moria Orc Swordsman Statue = $199.99
#160132130629 - Ring Wraith & Steed Statue = $369.99
#160132133631 - Boromir Statue = $179.99
#160132134338 - Aragorn Statue = $179.99
#160132144101 - Gimli Statue = $179.99

The only thing I didn't get was a moria orc archer statue also for $179.99. Someone beat me to it, immediate payment required, I went as fast as I could type. The adrenaline rush at seeing all of these for this cheap was better than winning a huge pot in poker. I had to do a double take and see if it was a scam somehow.

I don't think the girl knew what she had. And the packaging job, let me tell you. They came in two separate boxes, basically free floating in the large card board box, minimal styrofoam peanuts used. But I inspected them all, and no damage with excpetion to a few scuffs to the boxes. Thankfully she used UPS with tends to be more careful than USPS.

If it weren't for this deal, I'd probably have given up getting any of the older statues.

You were that GUY! oh man, lucky SOB :D. I clicked on the Uruk, but he was sold like 2 minutes before hand. I hate when ebay lags. I too was sorta shocked seeing those prices, either it being "too good to be true". If she tried to pull anything like broken statues, just go to your CC and file a dispute. Anyways, awsome score.

I saw another Aragorn go for 200 a few weeks later.

Yeah, I lucked out. I had to move some stuff around to cover it, but I realized I'd never see a deal that good in a long time. Now if I could only come across someone else equally unaware of the value a large marvel sideshow collection. :rolleyes:

Wow! Well thank you everyone for your gorgeous comments!! :chew

Well done Lembas Eater on spotting the tile was from Prop Store! :D

Deadly Dagger - Your right!! "Done" is probably a bit too much wishful thinking as I've still got my eye out for bargains etc.

So what's everyone's favourite piece in their ss/w collection?

Mine is my ringwraith bust :nazgul - it's signed by Richard Taylor & Daniel Faulkner! :chew

I got Dom's signature on the Merry statue but the cheeky hobbit's signature covers the entire base! Here was me expecting a nice little scrawl & you can barely see the base anymore! :rotfl

My personal favorite is Sauron himself. He just looks awesome in all his glory:

sauronleiacx2.jpg

Congrats! Only if the medallions and the helms collection are displayed as well...

So far, I have yet to see anyone display all the 200 over pieces of the SSW collection... in ONE room.. That... will be a sight

Back