My Junk... Gigidy,Gigidy,Gigidy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P@CK@R@CK

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The talent on this board is beyond words. Respect to all that have an itch and gotta scratch it.

Stuff I'm working on.
First up.

Just finished a mod for this figure and thought I'd post some pix.
One thing that really bothered me when I shelled out retail dough for this figure (yeah I was one of the a$$es that pre ordered from MR) were his wonky hands. I've always thought that Jack's hands were a signature part of the overall design of the character. I was really disappointed when they weren't articulated out of the box.
Anyhow, after a bit of work... Fully articulated hands.

jack_2.jpg

jack_1.jpg

sweet mother of pearl..............that is cool........but question.........how many bends will the wire withstand before it breaks? ..........(why did i just feel like i was speaking as dwight schrute with that question?) :lol

sweet mother of pearl..............that is cool........but question.........how many bends will the wire withstand before it breaks? ..........(why did i just feel like i was speaking as dwight schrute with that question?) :lol

The wire I used is a millitary spec copper wire with an aluminum coating. My first prototype I used copper wire and that held up pretty well. In fact it still hasn't broken. I tested the mil spec wire before building the hands and i could not get it to break without cutting it. Also the wire runs through the entire length of the finger. I figured this would help with breakage issues. I'll post a tutorial if anyone is interested.
Thanks for looking...

The wire I used is a millitary spec copper wire with an aluminum coating. My first prototype I used copper wire and that held up pretty well. In fact it still hasn't broken. I tested the mil spec wire before building the hands and i could not get it to break without cutting it. Also the wire runs through the entire length of the finger. I figured this would help with breakage issues. I'll post a tutorial if anyone is interested.
Thanks for looking...

sounds like you did your homework on this one PR..........great job........as far as the tutorial......why not post it?.........may even give people ideas for other customs that arent jack related.

barryo, your right, never thought of it that way.
Thanks guys will post early next week.

More pix.

Jack as he is displayed. Legos under the satin that came in the figure's coffin. Under a doll display unit I bought at Michael's on clearance.
under_glass.jpg

Book I bound in miniature for Jack.
book_2.jpg

The book again.
book.jpg

that is an awesome JS display............like the stair stepping of the heads. terrific.

Dude, that is a great display! My Jack is still sitting in his box cause I haven't thought of a way to display all the heads but your set up is inspiring. LOVE the the book, too.

First off thanks to all for the encouraging words.

Great job. Could you give me a little information on the figure itself? Is it by MR? Or NECA? Any good deal where I can get it?

Freakazoid!, it is indeed the MR one. Great figure but way overpriced when it was released. I think MR is sold out at this point but they were unloading them for $99.00 a while back.

that is just an EXCELLENT display!! Very creative.. and great work you've done there. I'd love to get me one of these figures next year if I can hunt one down

Back