My IRON MAN BUST 1:1 video Review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like we have the same Aquos and Bose speakers and blu-ray collections :)

Nice...everything looks great...but my only suggestion is to dig a small hole behind the speaker and rewire them from the behind the wall. The wiring coming down the wall is too noticeable. You can buy the gadget at a Home Depot to help you rewire it.

DSC07784.jpg

Ofcourse actors tend to be little guys... Maybe Downey Jr is a short guy w/ a small head... Either way I have seen this in person at SDCC and it looks smaller than 1:1 to me when I saw it in person as well..

Maybe I'm just a big dude but these 1:1 busts dont look 1:1 at all to me..

Ofcourse actors tend to be little guys... Maybe Downey Jr is a short guy w/ a small head... Either way I have seen this in person at SDCC and it looks smaller than 1:1 to me when I saw it in person as well..

Maybe I'm just a big dude but these 1:1 busts dont look 1:1 at all to me..

I saw the proto up close at FP as well, and it definitely is not true 1:1. especially since someone wearing this armor is supposed to actually be bigger than a normal human head.

I saw the proto up close at FP as well, and it definitely is not true 1:1. especially since someone wearing this armor is supposed to actually be bigger than a normal human head.

Exactly.. not a chance an adult would fit in this unless you are wee man.. The helm itself is smaller than a normal head.. Not sure how anyone could buy into the claim this is an actual 1:1 scale... Or the other busts for that matter..

guys !! I saw robbert at a fox gala dinner in toronto along with matt demon when my sister in law worked for fox and he had a vey slim face and both of the actors looked so small compared to me.

the molds my shrink but not by much.

I say this is 1:1 SCALE 100% and there is no other way to tell that if you have this in hand.

if you dont have it there is no way that pictures nor video give you the full size.

I actually going to take messurments of my face see if I have a chance to fit in the armor.

Last edited:
guys !! I saw robbert at a fox gala dinner in toronto along with matt demon when my sister in law worked for fox and he had a vey slim face and both of the actors looked so small compared to me.

the molds my shrink but not by much.

I say this is 1:1 SCALE 100% and there is no other way to tell that if you have this in hand.

if you dont have it there is no way that pictures nor video give you the full size.

I actually going to take messurments of my face see if I have a chance to fit in the armor.

Was this back when he was a crack head? Funny story is my wife knows the family in who's house he broke into and went to sleep in their young daughters bed...

I reiterate I've seen this in person and own 3 1:1 busts and I just cant see how these are truly 1:1 scale.. Not to say that they are not very nice.. Just calling them 1:1 is innacurate IMO...

here are the messurments just taken and I am not making this up.

BUST MEASUREMENTS of the head.

5 inches and a half (almost 6 inches) Horizontal ear to ear.

10 inches Vertical from top of head to chin.

My head Measurements :

6 inches and a half from ear to ear.

10 inches vertical from top of the head to chin.

So if I dint have a bit of a chubby face my head would fit no problem on this bust.

If you are not sure just take a tape measure and do the test your self.

This test just proved it to me that this is 1:1 100%

here are the messurments just taken and I am not making this up.

BUST MEASUREMENTS of the head.

5 inches and a half (almost 6 inches) Horizontal ear to ear.

10 inches Vertical from top of head to chin.

My head Measurements :

6 inches and a half from ear to ear.

10 inches vertical from top of the head to chin.

So if I dint have a bit of a chubby face my head would fit no problem on this bust.

If you are not sure just take a tape measure and do the test your self.

This test just proved it to me that this is 1:1 100%

How can this be 1:1 if your head is bigger than this bust? The armor should be about an inch thick unless ironman's armor is made of aluminum foil?

How can this be 1:1 if your head is bigger than this bust? The armor should be about an inch thick unless ironman's armor is made of aluminum foil?

In my opinion this in 1:1 PERIOD

and if is not is not the end of the world.

just enjoy it if you get one.

Last edited:
I am so happy with my bust and I hope you guys out there that are really looking forward to get this masterpiece are not put down by all this negative comments.

some people will be only happy if SIDESDHOW will send them the actaul armor wore by Robber jr, USED on the set of the movie and hand made, signed by STAN WINSTON him self.

Maybe Downey Jr is a short guy w/ a small head...

Downey Jr is only 5'8". The scenes with him and Paltrow he had to stand on a box to give the illusion that Stark was taller since the comic character himself is tall.

As for the bust. Scientifically the average human head is in length: around 9 inches and in width: around 6 inches.

So 10 inches in length would work since we saw the faceplating be slightly longer than RDJ's face. The width itself is a little small consider the side bindings and the flare of the frontal mask the width itself should probably be around 8 inches.

The question stands though, these are based off of SWS originals, are they going by the generalized mock ups which were used for the CGI Iron Man or the actual suit that RDJ wore. I would assume its the former.

I am so happy with my bust and I hope you guys out there that are really looking forward to get this masterpiece are not put down by all this negative comments.

some people will be only happy if SIDESDHOW will send them the actaul armor wore by Robber jr, USED on the set of the movie and hand made, signed by STAN WINSTON him self.

Where are the negative comments? All i see is a couple of guys agreeing that it is not true 1:1 scale. wow, some people are way too sensitive about their precious collectibles. :lol

I have a 1:1 Scaled helmet that I had custom made from some specs that were released a while back when the movie first came out that claimed to be legit. Whether or not its oversized the final dimensions turned out to be just under 13" in length (chin to top of the head) about about a little over 8" in width (cheek to cheek). So this will be a good size smaller than that.

this year there giving him a star in the walk of fame just take the bust and make him stand next to it lol:D

so true.. and great video btw...

I've said this on SF and I will say it here again; to be honest I had some doubts after the complains about the piss poor job Sideshow did on the painting.. but after this video I will take my chance and definetly go for this one... Simply the look of this badboy is tempting and very seductive.. so when it hits my retailer.. It's again all or nothing for me... ;)

so true.. and great video btw...

I've said this on SF and I will say it here again; to be honest I had some doubts after the complains about the piss poor job Sideshow did on the painting.. but after this video I will take my chance and definetly go for this one... Simply the look of this badboy is tempting and very seductive.. so when it hits my retailer.. It's again all or nothing for me... ;)

thanks dude !

and when you get yours I hope you will be pleased.

Back