My idea for a third batman movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Robin could work in the way that John Connor was Arnold's sidekick in T2. He'd have to be someone thats kinda in the way all the time, slightly annoying, lucks out in a fight or fleeing, and absolutely no costume.

Nope I was just reinterpreting the end of your sentence for a cheap laugh.

But I can see your point about the rest of it, I just think it would then defeat the point of having Robin by having him so far removed from his comic book portrayal.

Am sure the Nolans and Goyer have both read Dark Victory (the follow up to The Long Halloween which they use to set the tone) I'd imagine any portrayal would be similar to the route taken in that.

It's easy to buy the Batpod being part of the tumbler because it used the same tyres as the front and it doesn't looks like a fully developed bike, plus we've already seen the Tumblers cockpit lay the Batman in a prone position

Unfortunately its not easy to buy the Batpod riding up a wall and turning around :eek:

I don't like speculating about the new movie, cause I'm sure whatever they create will be fantastic.
But...What about the title?
The Dark Knight was a Ballsy title, and I believe the third should have a sweet title as well, any ideas?

Not having read a batman comic since I was 3, I'll take your word that Robin just drops in on day one as a 13 year old crime fighter in full regalia.

has been a while since I've read it, but it's kinda similar to the 2 part "Robin's Reckoning" from Batman the Animated Series in the tone of how he becomes Robin.

i personally like robin, especially the third one with the red suit.

what if they skip the robin phase and have ^^^^ grayson turn into nightwing?
it's a darker, sleaker suit, and is more intimidating, and would fit nolan's batman better.

i personally like robin, especially the third one with the red suit.

what if they skip the robin phase and have ^^^^ grayson turn into nightwing?
it's a darker, sleaker suit, and is more intimidating, and would fit nolan's batman better.

Personally I don't see Grayson becoming Nightwing without evolving from
the Robin identity. That was one of the reasons the character was so interesting and has evolved
over the years. Robin could work in a plausible manner it just hasn't
been done yet. The best way to approach Robin from a Nolan perspective would be similar to the way they handled Grayson in TAS.
Don't approach him from a sidekick perspective but more like an apprentice and potential successor.

Personally I don't see Grayson becoming Nightwing without evolving from
the Robin identity. That was one of the reasons the character was so interesting and has evolved
over the years. Robin could work in a plausible manner it just hasn't
been done yet. The best way to approach Robin from a Nolan perspective would be similar to the way they handled Grayson in TAS.
Don't approach him from a sidekick perspective but more like an apprentice and potential successor.

What is "TAS"?

^^^^ grayson would probably be a good character to use to make batman start to lose some anger after the pig's death.

Robin, when you consider 'red, yellow, green suit' and 'Bruce's ward', doesn't work in Nolan's universe.

But if you make him a troubled foster kid like T2 John Connor (maybe pull the smallville route and dress him in red, green, and yellow cloths) and he somehow becomes a nuisance/witness to a criminal (say The Riddler) and needs the protection of Batman, then I think it can fit into the current atmosphere. He rides around on a dirtbike, does some fancy trapese escapes, to give him credibility as an extraordinary kid, but keep it real, don't have him actually beating people up, throwing boomerrangs, etc.

Robin, when you consider 'red, yellow, green suit' and 'Bruce's ward', doesn't work in Nolan's universe.

But if you make him a troubled foster kid like T2 John Connor (maybe pull the smallville route and dress him in red, green, and yellow cloths) and he somehow becomes a nuisance/witness to a criminal (say The Riddler) and needs the protection of Batman, then I think it can fit into the current atmosphere. He rides around on a dirtbike, does some fancy trapese escapes, to give him credibility as an extraordinary kid, but keep it real, don't have him actually beating people up, throwing boomerrangs, etc.

yeah, but instead of that, what about the tim drake costume with red and black? it's much darker, and looks much sleaker.

I'm not familiar with it. How old is Robin in that costume? Personally, he needs to be no older than 15 to make me interested in the character as Robin. Otherwise he could be just any other character and not Robin to me.

he may have been younger, but the costume is awesome.

this is what i would like to see in a movie: (with a bit or re-modeling and more high tech material, like batman's suit)
robin.jpg

Back